Windows 10 update allows you to connect to all kinds of Bluetooth devices to your computer. You can connect devices like mobile phones, tablets, other PCs, keyboards, mouse, speakers , and many more such peripheral devices to your computer easily with the help of Bluetooth.
Here, you can take a glance at the simplest of procedures for how to turn on Bluetooth on Windows 10. Along with that, you can also find less time-taking methods to turn on Windows 10 Bluetooth on HP laptops, Acer laptops, and Toshiba laptops.
How to Turn on Bluetooth on Windows 10?
Let us go through the various methods for how to turn the Bluetooth on Windows 10 laptops and computers. Among these methods, turning on the Bluetooth via the settings and Action Center are the most common ones. We have also shown the suitable methods for turning on the Bluetooth on HP, Acer, and Toshiba laptops.
Method 1: Windows 10 How to Turn on Bluetooth via Settings?
Let us begin turning on the Bluetooth on your computer with a very basic method. In this method, you will learn how to turn on Bluetooth in Windows 10 right from the settings. To use this method, you will need to read the 9 steps given as follows.
1. Turn on your Windows 10 computer.
2. Go to the “Start” menu on the bottom-left corner of the screen.
3. Select the “Settings” option.
4. Click on “Devices” from the “Settings” window.
5. Go to the “Bluetooth” option.
6. Now, you will find a toggle button to turn the “Bluetooth” on or off.
7. Move the toggle button to switch the “Bluetooth” of your PC “On”.
8. Click on the “X” in the top right corner to save the changes.
9. Lastly, exit from the “Settings” window.
Method 2: How Do I Turn on Bluetooth on Windows 10 via Action Center?
When you can’t turn on Bluetooth Windows 10, you should visit the Action Center on your computer. From there, you will definitely be able to do so. In the set of steps shown below, we have shared what all you need to do in the Action Center on your Windows 10 computer. Along with that, these steps will also help you connect a Bluetooth device to your Windows 10 computer.
1. On the “Taskbar” of your Windows 10 computer, locate the icon of “Action Center”.
2. Access the “Action Center” and then click on “All Settings”.
3. The third step is to click on “Devices”.
4. Now, on the left, tap on “Bluetooth and Other Devices”.
5. Next, press the Bluetooth slider for turning it on.
6. The sixth step is to press “Add Bluetooth or Other Device”.
7. Tap on “Bluetooth”.
8. Your computer will take a while to search for the Bluetooth devices that are available. Ensure that the device you wish to connect via the Bluetooth has this option turned on. Also, see to it that the Bluetooth of the device is in the pairing mode.
9. When your computer shows the Bluetooth devices available, choose the device you wish to establish the connection with. Then the device will get connected.
Method 3: How to Turn Bluetooth on Windows 10 HP Laptop?
To turn on Bluetooth on Windows 10 HP laptop, we have defined a 10-step procedure in this section. In this procedure, you will get to know the steps for pairing a Bluetooth device with your HP laptop.
1. First, the device that you wish to connect to your HP laptop via the Bluetooth needs to be kept within the range. Then ensure that the device is discoverable.
2. Now, on your HP laptop, look for “Bluetooth and other device settings”.
3. Go to the “Bluetooth & Other Devices” tab.
4. Tap the toggle to turn on “Bluetooth”.
5. Now, tap “Add Bluetooth Device or Other Device”.
6. Next, click on “Bluetooth” for the kind of device that needs to be added.
7. From the list of devices available, choose the “Bluetooth” device you wish to add.
8. You may be required to enter a “PIN”. After entering it, click on “Connect”.
Note: In case you do not see a “PIN” in the prompt window, you can use “0000” as the default “PIN”.
9. You will receive an authorization message on your device. Provide confirmation to the same.
10. Now, do as per the instructions on your screen.
Method 4: How Do You Turn on Bluetooth on Windows 10 Acer Laptop?
If you want to learn how to turn on Bluetooth on Acer laptop Windows 10, then this section will provide you exactly with the same. You can go through the following 7 steps to turn on the Bluetooth on your Acer laptop and then pair it with a device.
1. The first step is to enable Bluetooth on the device that you are trying to connect with your Acer laptop.
2. Now, on your Windows 10 Acer laptop, open the “Settings” by pressing the “Windows” and “I” keys together.
3. Tap on the “Devices” menu.
4. Next, you have to click on the option of “Bluetooth & Other Devices”.
5. Now, manage the Bluetooth devices you want to pair on this screen.
6. Ensure that the toggle switch has been turned on.
7. Then select the device which you want to pair. And that is all!
Method 5: How to Turn on Bluetooth on Windows 10 Toshiba Laptop?
In case you own a Toshiba laptop Windows 10 and do not know how to turn on the Bluetooth, you can get assistance in this section. To turn on Bluetooth in Windows 10, the following 8 steps will be very effective.
1. Make your device discoverable so that your Toshiba laptop can connect with it via Bluetooth. Also, keep the device near your laptop.
2. Now, on your Toshiba laptop, go to “Start”.
3. Click on the “Control Panel”.
4. Then click on “Devices and Printer”.
5. Tap “Add a Device”.
6. Your Toshiba laptop will take a while to discover the Bluetooth devices available. Then click on the device to pair with it and press “Next”.
7. An 8-digit code will be displayed on your laptop. Enter this code on your Bluetooth device for pairing them. Then press “Next”.
8. When you receive the message “This device has been successfully added”, click on “Ok”.
How to Turn off Bluetooth Windows 10?
In the sections above, we learnt various ways to turn on the Bluetooth. In case you do not wish to use the Bluetooth, you might want to turn it off. So, below we have shown one excellent method for how to turn off Bluetooth on Windows 10. More information about this method has been provided below.
Method 1: How to Turn off Bluetooth on Windows 10 via Action Center?
To turn off Bluetooth Windows 10, you can simply access the Taskbar and open the Action Center. From here, you can easily gain access to the Bluetooth and turn it off in a split second. The exact steps of this method have been provided below.
1. Turn on your Windows 10 computer.
2. Click on the icon at the bottom-right corner of the screen. The icon is in the shape of a dialog box and it is the last item on the “Taskbar”. Or you can simply press the “Windows” and “A” keys together and the “Action Center” will open up.
3. Here, you will find a list of quick actions and “Bluetooth” is one among them. Click on the “Bluetooth” button to turn it off.
What to do When My Bluetooth won’t Turn on Windows 10?
“Why can’t I turn my Bluetooth on Windows 10”, if you too have this question to ask, then we will be answering it right away with the best solutions. At times, there may be problems like your Bluetooth driver may be out of date or the Bluetooth service may not have been turned on. That is why you may not be able to successfully turn on the Bluetooth on your Windows 10 laptop or computer.
To troubleshoot such issues and enable the Bluetooth on your machine, we have provided certain fixes below. Try out these fixes and you will be able to turn on the Bluetooth within a few minutes.
Fix 1: Check that Your Windows 10 Computer Supports Bluetooth
It is possible that your Windows 10 computer might not be supporting Bluetooth. Therefore, Bluetooth won’t turn on Windows 10. Just to be sure that this is the case, you can use the procedure given below to check whether or not your computer supports Bluetooth. This procedure is only 5 steps long.
1. Go to the “Desktop” of your Windows 10 computer.
2. Press the “Start” button.
3. Then choose the “Device Manager”.
4. Look for the “Bluetooth” section in the “Device Manager”.
5. You can also go to the section of “Network Adapters” and look for a “Bluetooth Adapter”.
Note: In some instances, it was found that the “Bluetooth Adapter” was located in the section of “Other Devices”. As a suggestion, you can also check this section to ensure whether or not your computer supports Bluetooth.
In case you see one or more than one “Bluetooth Adapter(s)” in the “Device Manager” then you can be sure that your computer supports it. In case you do not find it, then your computer is not supportive of Bluetooth.
Fix 2: Update Bluetooth Driver on Windows 10 Computer
When users report that their computers with Windows 10 can’t turn on Bluetooth, we advise them to update their Bluetooth drivers in case they are outdated. Installing the latest version of the Bluetooth drivers available for your computer will solve all the bugs that may be causing this issue. When all the issues get cleared, you will be able to quickly turn on the Bluetooth on your machine.
Fix 3: Enable Bluetooth Service on Windows 10 Computer
If you can’t turn Bluetooth on Windows 10, then the Bluetooth service may not have been enabled on your computer. To enable this service, a procedure has been shown below. After doing this procedure, your problem will get resolved.
1. Press the “Windows” key along with the “R” key to launch “Run”.
2. Type in “services.msc” in “Run” and tap “Enter”.
3. Locate “Bluetooth Support Service”. Right-click on it and press “Start”.
Note: In case the “Start” option for “Bluetooth Support Service” is not available, you can click on “Restart”.
4. Now, right-click on “Bluetooth Support Service” and choose “Properties”.
5. Ensure that the “Startup Type” has been set to “Automatic”.
6. Tap “Apply” and then click on “Ok”.
7. Next, press the “Windows” and “I” keys together.
8. In the “Settings” window, ensure that “Bluetooth” has been turned on.
From turning on the Bluetooth on your Windows 10 laptops and computers to fixing the issues that would not let you enable the Bluetooth, we covered it all in this post. Did this post help solve your problem? Let us know in the comment section below.