Blocking a number on an iPhone is normal as it prevents you from receiving calls from a specific number. However, in some cases, users block numbers accidentally. If you have blocked a number intentionally or unintentionally or simply want to know how to unblock a number on iPhone then you must go through this guide.
How Do You Unblock a Number on iPhone 4s, 5c, or on Other Models?
If you are thinking about how do I unblock a number on my iPhone 5 or on other iPhone models then let us tell you, it is pretty easy to do that.
We can unblock a number in three ways on iPhone. Hence, in this specific guide, you will discover the answers to the following questions:
- How Do You Unblock a Phone Number on iPhone through Settings App?
- How to Unblock a Number on iPhone 6 and Other Series Through Call Logs?
- How to Unblock a Number on iPhone 7 and Other Series Disabling Silence Unknown Callers Feature?
As mentioned earlier, you can unblock a blocked number in three simple ways. For instance, you can navigate through the Settings app to unblock contacts, visit recent call details to unblock numbers or you can disable Silence Unknown Callers if it is enabled.
By implementing any of the aforementioned ways, you can easily learn how to unblock a number on iPhone 8 and other iPhone models. So, with no further delay let us get into this.
How Do You Unblock a Phone Number on iPhone through Settings App?
The first and foremost way to unblock numbers on iPhone is to use the Settings app. All you have to do is go through the following steps:
- To get started, you can launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Now there are three types of ways to find blocked numbers which are as follows:
- If you have blocked a number then go to the Phone and scroll down to find Blocked contacts.
- You can also go to the Setting app and scroll down to find Messages. Here, you will find Blocked contacts.
- Or, you can simply go to the Settings, scroll down to find the Facetime app. Here, you will see the Blocked contacts.
- Next to this, you can tap the Blocked Contacts. If you are using an older iOS version, you may find it as a Call Blocking & Identification option.
- Here, you can tap the Edit option located on the top right.
- Now, whichever number you want to unblock, tap the Minus sign located right next to the blocked number.
- As an alternate option, you can simply swipe left the number you want to unblock. Then, you can tap the Unblock button.
- Similarly, you can unblock other numbers that are blocked.
- Once you are done, you can tap the Done button located next to the right in order to save changes.
If you are struck by this question how do I unblock a phone number on my iPhone? The above-mentioned steps are the answer to your question. By implementing these steps, you can learn how to unblock a blocked number on iPhone 5 and other iPhone series through the Settings app.
How to Unblock a Number on iPhone 6 and Other Models Through Call Logs?
Another quick way to unblock the numbers on iPhone is to visit the recent call logs. When somebody asks you “can you unblock a number on iPhone?”, you can let them walk through the following steps:
- To begin the process, you can open the recent calls list by tapping the Phone call app.
- Here, you will see the recent numbers. If the blocked number is available here, you can tap the “i” icon next to the number.
- This will open the specific call details. Here, you can scroll down and tap “Unblock this Caller”.
If you are thinking how do you unblock a number on your iPhone through recent calls logs, you can go through the aforementioned steps. Once you are done implementing these steps, you would have unblocked the number on your phone.
How to Unblock a Number on iPhone 7 and Other Series Disabling Silence Unknown Callers Feature?
Silence Unknown Callers is a wonderful feature available on iPhone. Enabling this feature, the iPhone mutes the call from an unknown or unrecognized number. This feature is invented to prevent spam calls.
Despite its amazing work, it has one drawback that it blocks the call from the contact that may be urgent for us. So, if you have enabled this feature, make sure that you disable this in order to unblock calls. Below we will discuss the steps for how to unblock a number on iPhone XR and other iPhone series.
- To initiate, launch the Setting app on your iPhone.
- Then, you can scroll down and tap the Phone.
- At this point, you will see the ‘Silence Unknown Callers’ option. Make sure that the toggle is disabled.
When you are done implementing these steps, your blocked calls will be unblocked. So even if you have not blocked any number and still your phone blocks the calls then you must be thinking how do I unblock a phone number on iPhone. In this scenario, you can follow the aforementioned steps to unblock numbers on iPhone.
In this blog, we have discussed three types of ways for unblocking the blocked numbers on iPhones. You can use the Settings app and recent call logs to quickly unblock the numbers. Besides that, you need to make sure that the Silence Unknown Callers feature is disabled so that you can attend important calls on time. To make these different ways effective, we have demonstrated this step-by-step guide.
Apart from this, ErrorsDoc have covered other useful tutorials on our page. Keep reading our page to troubleshoot common iPhone issues such as “Why is my iPhone battery yellow?” and “How to delete albums on iPhone?” among others.