Does your Wi-Fi connection act up every now and then? If yes, then it’s about time you take certain actions to fix the issue.
Interestingly, you can fix the issue with Aluminium foil. The best part about it is that it works with almost all routers. It serves as an inexpensive option to extend the WiFi connection of a network.
Where can you find one? Well, you can find it in the kitchen. Chances are one of your family members who cook would be using it for the purpose of wrapping foods.
Apart from Aluminium foil, you would also need a small paper box to boost wifi signal strength.
Before you proceed further, make sure that you have an access to the following things:
- Aluminium foil
- Small paper box
If you have arranged for these things, you are ready to try out the troubleshooting steps for fixing the issue with the reception of signals of your Wi-Fi connection. Here’s how to boost WiFi signal from router.
How to boost wifi signal with Aluminium foil
Those who have tried out this hack believe it is a no-brainer that this method works like a charm for those who wonder how to boost WiFi signal on laptop.
- Gather some Aluminium foil and a small box. Stick the former on the surface of the latter.
- Use a tape to stick the Aluminium foil onto the surface of the box. Alternatively, you can also make use of glue to accomplish the task. Make sure that the box is completely covered and as far as possible, try not to cover it in case you happen to use a tape.
- Next, you need to insert the antenna of your router into the box. You can do this easily by creating a couple of holes at the centre of the box in such a way that the antenna should be able to reach the corner. In case there are two antennas think about making four holes (two for each antenna) instead of one in a way that both the antennas of your router are able to reach the two corners.
- Now, put the aluminium foil covered box on the antenna of your router to improve the range of its amplification.
- Drill a nail on the wall so you can hang the router on it. The height will play a major role in boosting the range of your router by 10% at the minimum.
Wondering how to boost WiFi signal on iPhone? Even if you are using a wireless internet connection at home, these steps will help you address the issue of slow internet connectivity with ease.
Apart from the fact that this method works with almost all kinds of modern-day routers, the same can also be said about different kinds of devices. That is to say, it not only shows results when used with laptops but also when used with other devices such as iPhones, tablets and all smartphones that support WiFi connectivity feature.
Moreover, you will be able to boost the signal strength of your WiFi router by up to 65% by using the steps suggested in this step by step guide.
So, go ahead and give it a try -- try it out once to see or feel the difference on your own.