Most users have been asking how to change EFTPS password in QuickBooks? If you have the same concern, stick through this guide to get your answer. Here, will show you the procedure of changing EFTPS internet password for both QuickBooks Online and Desktop version.
In this particular article, you will read about why and how you can change your EFTPS password in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Learn about EFTPS Password in QuickBooks
Learn about EFTPS Password in QuickBooks
EFTPS (Electronic Federal Tax Payment System) is used by the IRS (Internal Revenue Service) for employer tax payments. With the use of the QuickBooks app, EFTPS provides flexibility and convenience to make tax payments.
While signing up for EFTPS, you get a password and a four-digit PIN. For security reasons, it is necessary to change EFTPS password in QuickBooks. Hence, in this article, you will know how to change EFTPS password in QuickBooks.
Must Read: QuickBooks Automated Password Reset Tool
QuickBooks users can change EFTPS password in QuickBooks through the QuickBooks Desktop and Online version of QuickBooks. But, before moving forward, make sure that you keep TIN (Taxpayer Identification Number), PIN, and the Internet password in your hand.
Why Change EFTPS Password in QuickBooks?
Recently, the Internal Revenue Service changed the password requirement for the Electronic Federal Tax Payment System website. If you pay your taxes directly to the EFTPS then you should be aware of the updates related to passwords.
Therefore, you should be aware of the requirements that the IRS has implemented. These are as follows:
- A 13-month expiration policy is implemented which means your password will expire after 13 months from the time you changed it.
- The length of the password has been increased from 8-12 characters to 12-30 characters (for QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Enhanced users).
- For those passwords that have been updated in the past 13 months, the existing password with a length of 8-12 characters will work.
- For those passwords that have not been updated in the past 13 months, payments will be rejected. As a result, the users will have to change the password by visiting the EFTPS website to continue making any payment.
How Do I Change My EFTPS Password in QuickBooks?
If you are an owner of the EFTPS account then you can reset the EFTPS internet password. For this, you are required to have your TIN (Taxpayer Identification Number), PIN, and Internet password. Let’s know how to change EFTPS password in QuickBooks for Desktop and QuickBooks Online.
Must Read: How to add Account in Quickbooks
Change EFTPS Internet Password
If you prefer to change the EFTPS internet password then you can go through the following instructions given below.
- First of all, you need to visit the official website of EFTPS.
- On the homepage, you will see the login option.
- On this page, you can enter your TIN (Taxpayer Identification Number), PIN, and the Internet password for login.
- In the end, you can update the internet password to meet the requirement of the new security of EFTPS.
This is how you can change the EFTPS internet password. Once you have done changing the internet password, you need to wait for an hour before sending a federal e-payment.
Change Password for E-Services in QuickBooks Online (QBO)
If you use the E-Services feature in QuickBooks Online (QBO) then there is no action required to change passwords. Whatever the changes you have performed for the password with the EFTPS website will sync to your QBO account automatically.
Change Password For E-Pay in QuickBooks Desktop
If you use E-Pay in QuickBooks Desktop then it is required to update the password in QuickBooks Desktop so that it can match the new EFTPS internet password while you make an e-payment.
If you are concerned about how to change EFTPS password in QuickBooks Desktop, you can take help with the following discussion. Follow these steps to understand better.
- First of all, you can click on the Payroll Center option and then select the Pay Liabilities tab.
- In the next step, under the Pay Taxes & Other Liabilities section, you can choose the federal liability to e-pay option. Then, you can click on the View/Pay option.
- At this point, you need to verify that the E-payment is already selected. Then, click on the E-pay option.
- There is a checkbox that says ‘Remember My Information for Next Time’. For now, you can clear this box.
- After this, you are supposed to enter the new four-digit PIN and EFTPS Internet password in the password field.
- Next to this, you can enter other required information.
- In the end, you can click on the Submit option to save the password details.
When you make an e-payment for the next time, you will have to enter the four-digit PIN and EFTPS Internet password again and select the box that says ‘Remember My Information for Next Time’.
What to Do If You See an Error while Making Payments?
In case you ever encounter an error such as 1003/2190 or a message that says ‘Payment not Submitted’ on your screen then you do not need to panic.
Once you face any obstacle while making payments, you can visit the EFTPS official website and change the password of your account. Thereafter, you can follow the instructions to meet the new password requirements.
In a Nutshell
EFTPS makes your task easy for making tax payment convenient. Since the IRS has changed the password requirements, so you need to update your EFTPS password to match its requirements. Also, it is recommended to change the password for security reasons.
In this guide, we have provided you easy ways to change EFTPS password in QuickBooks Desktop and Online. If you have any queries, let us know in the comment section, we will provide you solutions.
Along with this, if you want to learn more about QuickBooks such as how to import accountant’s copy in QuickBooks, read this guide to understand.