A well-known accounting software QuickBooks works tremendously in terms of handling your business company files. However, this software may come up with some technical errors which may interrupt QuickBooks’ performance.
- Why is QuickBooks Not Opening?
- Main Problem of QB Database Server Manager has Stopped Working or Launch
- Why is My QuickBooks Stopped Working?
Why is QuickBooks Not Opening?
The users might face the interruption on their screen when it states QuickBooks has stopped working or QuickBooks is not opening. The issue can be troubling for the users as they cannot even open a QuickBooks account. The occurrence of this kind of error is acceptable as QuickBooks is a multi-user platform so the server might get delayed and it can cause QuickBooks performance.
If your QuickBooks account displays the error message QuickBooks has stopped working on your screen then you need to fix it in order to access or open your QuickBooks company files.
Main Problem of QB Database Server Manager has Stopped Working or Launch
Behind every technical error in QuickBooks, there are possible reasons that your QuickBooks has stopped working or it is not responding in a way it should. Before finding the solutions to fix this, know the reason for the occurrence of this issue.
Below are the following reasons that your QuickBooks database server manager has stopped working.
- The first and the possible cause can be when the hard drive (on which the software and data are stored) has been corrupted.
- When the QBWUSER.INI file is missing from your system or maybe it is corrupted due to some reasons.
- The company name is pretty long that is causing limitations errors and, as a result, the software crashes and does not open.
- The operating system of your computer has been damaged.
- Other files of QuickBooks software might have been corrupted.
- QuickBooks desktop has not been downloaded in a correct manner or probably the installer was being corrupted.
- Window defender system or the antivirus program available on your computer is not recognizing QuickBooks as the safe software. As a result, it is restricting the QuickBooks account from launching.
The above-mentioned reasons can be the main causes if your QuickBooks is not responding and unable to launch.
Why is My QuickBooks Stopped Working?
Apart from its causes, you must be facing that your system is behaving inappropriately. By knowing about the symptoms, you can confirm the error that QuickBooks has stopped working and later you can find the fix for the error based on its symptoms.
- If your QuickBooks has stopped working, your system will restart frequently.
- Your system and QuickBooks will stop responding.
- The computer system will hang or freeze the program and will not respond to the commands.
- When you try to open the company file, your QuickBooks instantly quits all at once.
- Your computer screen constantly shows the error that your QuickBooks has stopped working.
Since you are aware of the causes and symptoms, now you have a clear understanding of why your QuickBooks has stopped working. In this situation, you can look for the possible ways to get rid of this error and get your QuickBooks work again on your system.
Therefore, in this article, you will go through a few methods that will help you to kick this error away from your computer. So let us get started and try to follow the methods in sequence.
Methods to Fix QuickBooks Stopped Error or Launcher Stopped Working
Before applying these methods, restart your system. This is a pretty common method. Small issues get resolved once you restart the program. To make your QuickBooks work again, you can go through the following options.
- Restart the system on which you are encountering this QuickBooks issue.
- After you reboot the system, you can launch QuickBooks accounting software to perform.
While you launch the QuickBooks Desktop, press the CTRL key in order to open your software in ‘safe mode’. Now you can perform the following methods mentioned below.
Download QuickBooks Refresher Tool
If your QuickBooks has stopped working, you can use a refresher tool for QuickBooks. QBRefresher is one of the best tools to troubleshoot common errors in QuickBooks. This is the simple step that will assist you in removing the error. To do so, go for the following steps.
- Ensure that the QuickBooks software is not running. If so, then close the QuickBooks program.
- Download the QuickBooks Refresher Tool and proceed the installation process.
- After the installation, you can run the refresher tool.
- Thereafter, the tool automatically diagnoses the issue your QuickBooks account is having and later it comes up with resolving methods.
- In the end, you can launch your QuickBooks account in order to verify if your problem has been fixed or not. If no, move to the next method.
Use QB install Tool to Fix the Issue
In certain cases, the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool detects the error and fixes it to its great extent. The use of this software is easy. All you have to follow a few steps that the tool suggests. Let’s find out how.
- First of all, download the QBInstall tool on your computer.
- Make sure that you close all the programs running in the background.
- Then, you can start running the QBInstall tool.
- You need to keep in mind that the tool takes up to 20 minutes to scan the problems in QuickBooks.
- After the tool ends the scan process, it automatically detects and fixes the problems.
- Later, you can reboot the computer.
Resolve the Issue with QBWUSER.INI File
- As the first step, ensure that you are on your local desktop. Then, you can press Windows+E in order to open the computer window.
- At this point, you can look for the Organise tab and choose the option. After this, you can select the Folder and search options.
- Now you can click on the View tab.
- In the Advanced Settings, you can enable the Show Hidden Files and Folders option. This option is available under the Hidden Files and Folders options and then hit the OK button.
- After this, you can go to My Computer then select Drive C. Then, go to Documents and Settings > (Enter Your Username) > go to Local Settings > Application Data > then click on Intuit to go to QuickBooks (Year).
- Now at this point, you can find the file named QBWUSER.INI. Here, you can either rename or delete the file from the system.
Use QuickBooks System Repair Tool
If your QuickBooks database server manager has stopped working, you can then simply use QuickBooks repair tool to get the issue resolved.
- Download the QuickBooks repair tool.
- Save the file in a local folder on your desktop.
- After that, you can shut down all the running programs and then install this tool.
- As the process may take 20 minutes approximately to run a scan, you need to wait here once it is done.
- Lastly, you can restart the console to get things working.
Turn off the Antivirus program
As mentioned earlier, your computer’s antivirus program might not recognize the QuickBooks software due to which it does not respond. In this case, you can turn it off.
- Before turning off the antivirus, you can restart your system.
- If the error displays on your screen, you need to make sure that the antivirus program is turned off.
- After disabling antivirus service, your QuickBooks account may start responding.
By following the above-mentioned methods, you may resolve the common errors in your QuickBooks accounting software. There can be many reasons that your QuickBooks has stopped working. But fixing the issue can be done easily if you have the proper knowledge of its causes and symptoms.