How to Fix Error Code 0x80004005 in Windows 10
Facing Error Code 0x80004005 on your Windows 10 computer? Though Windows 10 Mail Error 0X80004005 is a lesser known error that affects the performance of Windows 10 computer; nevertheless, it could be equally annoying and frustrating as it can bring your whole Windows 10 computing experience to halt.
The good news is that once you identify the reason behind Error 0X80004005 on Windows 10, you can fix it manually by following the appropriate troubleshooting steps. In case you are not able to find the exact reason for your problem or need expert advice, you can call our experts at our Windows customer support number 1-844-851-9487 and get instant assistance from them.
Reasons behind Windows 10 error code 0x80004005
Your Windows 10 computer might be displaying error code 0x80004005 due to either of the following reasons:
- Windows 10 updates: The Windows 10 Update Error 0X80004005 occurs when you are trying to install any latest Windows 10 updates and usually occurs if the update files are corrupt
- Microsoft Outlook error: Windows 10 Mail Error 0X80004005 occurs while sending or receiving emails through Microsoft Outlook and displays an error message that says “Sending and receiving reported error 0x80004005: The operation failed.” Once you receive this error, you will not be able to send/ receive emails on Windows 10.
- Registry key error: Though difficult to determine the exact reason, usually it is caused by errors with virtual machine or machine or when the user is trying to access shared folders.
Resolution of the issue error 0x80004005
Solution 1: Run the Automatic troubleshooter to fix Windows 10 Update Error 0X80004005
- Click on the Start menu.
- Type troubleshooting in search box and then click on the “Troubleshooting” tab.
- Click “View All” and click Windows update.
- Then click windows update and click Advanced tab.
- Check Apply repairs automatically and Run as Administrator.
- Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to finish troubleshooting.
Solution 2: Disable Notifications of new mail to fix Windows 10 Mail Error 0X80004005
- Open Outlook and go to the Tools menu.
- Click on Options and select Preferences.
- Now select Email Options and uncheck ‘Display a notification message when new mail arrives’.
- Clicking OK to apply the changes.
Solution 3: Use Registry Key to fix registry key error
- Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type Regedit in the dialog box and click OK.
- Registry Editor will open.
- Now in the Registry Editor, type:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\ CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers
- Check if the registry key is already present. If Yes, then delete it and check if has been resolved.
This should fix the error. In case you still face problems, feel free to give us a call. Dial our toll free Windows 10 helpline number 1-844-851-9487 and allow our expert technicians to fix Windows 10 Error 0X80004005 for you. With fastest turnaround time and best resolution rate in the industry, they can resolve the error message in no time and help you get going. Call now for instant resolution of all Windows 10 issues!