How to Fix Irql_Not_Less_Or_Equal Blue Screen in Windows 10
Getting ‘Fix Irql_Not_Less_Or_Equal’ error while working on your Windows 10 computer? Are you wondering why are you getting this strange error code and what does it actually mean?
Irql_Not_Less_Or_Equal error In Windows 10 is a BSOD error that occurs specially when gaming or when you are doing a high performance task on your computer like trying to update your Windows 10 operating systems to a newer version. When Irql_Not_Less_Or_Equal error occurs, it forces a sudden memory dump in a blue screen and your computer turns off, or gets into a restart loop.
In this article we’ll show you some simple ways on how to fix Irql_Not_Less_Or_Equal error in Windows 10. Should you need further help, feel free to call us at our toll free Windows helpline number 1-844-851-9487 and get expert help from our certified technicians. They can quickly identify the actual cause behind the problem and fix it in no time.
Reasons behind Irql_Not_Less_Or_Equal Error
The most common reasons behind the error message include:
- Incompatible device drivers;
- Faulty hardware;
- Poor device driver installation;
- Disk fragmentation;
- Registry issues; or
- Viruses/ malware attack
Resolution of the issue
Follow our below-mentioned steps to manually fix Irql_Not_Less_Or_Equal in Windows 10:
Solution 1: Repair Registry and Fragmented Disk
Though you can manually repair issues with your computer’s registry, it is advised to perform registry repair only under expert supervision because it may cause irreparable changes to your computer. For help, call 1-844-851-9487.
- On your Windows 10 computer, press F8 key to enter Safe Mode.
- Select Repair My Computer and go to the Troubleshoot tab.
- In Advanced Options, enter Command Prompt.
- Now select the Command Prompt and type the following commands:
dir C:\Win* and hit Enter
dir D:\Win* and hit Enter
dir E:\Win* and hit Enter
cd /d C:\windows\System32\config + hit Enter;
xcopy *.* C:\RegBack\ + hit Enter;
cd RegBack + hit Enter;
dir + hit Enter;
copy /y software ..
copy /y system ..
copy /y sam ..
- Finally click Yes to finish the commands. Reboot your computer to manually repair the registry.
Solution 2: Undo recent driver changes
- Go to Control Panel and double click on the system icon.
- Locate System Properties and click on the hardware tab.
- Click Device Manager and locate the device drivers that you have recently installed and double click on them.
- Click the driver tab and the roll back driver button to undo all recent changes.
Solution 3: Run Hardware Diagnostic
- In the Windows search bar, type: Memory Diagnostic and press Enter.
- Click Diagnostic to diagnose memory issues.
- Once done, check by restarting your PC immediately.
- Scan Memory to obtain a list of errors.
- Replace all faulty hardware and reboot your PC.
Solution 4: Scan and remove Malware in PC
- Use your antivirus software to scan your PC.
- Thoroughly remove all Malware from your PC and then reboot computer.
This should fix Irql_Not_Less_Or_Equal error on your Windows 10 computer. For expert help and assistance, dial our toll free Windows customer support number 1-844-851-9487. Help is available 24X7.