How to Take a Screenshot & Print Screen on Windows 7, 8 & Win 10 PC
Taking a screenshot of your Windows screen is a good way to preserve important online transactions, save online images, and help an IT support specialist in diagnosing the problem with your PC. Whatever be your need, with a wide variety of keyboard shortcuts and online tools available, capturing screenshots on your Windows-based computer is easier than you think it to be.
In this article, we’ll show you some handy ways to capture a screenshot on your Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10 computer. While following the below-mentioned steps will help you accomplish the task with quite ease and precision, in case you face any difficulty or still need help, feel free to call us at our Windows customer support number 1-844-851-9487. Our expert technicians are available for your help 24X7.
How To Take A Screenshot On Windows 7
Option 1: Capturing the entire screen using PrtScn (Print Screen) or CTRL + PrtScn
- On your keyboard, press the PrtScn (Print Screen) key or CTRL+PrtScn keys.
- The Windows will create a screenshot of the entire screen and will save it to the clipboard.
- Now open Paint from by clicking on the Start tab and paste the picture from the clipboard.
- Once you have made the required changes to the image, you can save the file.
Option 2: Taking print screen in Windows 7 using Alt + PrtScn
- On your keyboard, press Alt + PrtScn. The screenshot will be saved to the clipboard.
- Open Paint and paste the image.
- Edit it using Paint tools and save it to your Windows 7 computer.
Option 3: Taking the screenshot using the Snipping Tool
- Open the program by clicking on the Start button
- Select All Programs and go to Accessories.
- Select the Snipping tool from the list. It will let you take a screenshot of a specific area of the screen.
- Open the program and click New.
- Select the area of the screen that you want to capture and then click Save.
How to take screenshot in Windows 8 and Windows 10
Windows 10 and Windows 8 users can enjoy the added ability to take screenshots and automatically save to a special folder. For this,
- Press both the Windows and Print Screen key together. This will capture the entire screen.
- The screenshot will be automatically saved to a Screenshot folder inside the Pictures library.
- Simply go to the Pictures library and click on the saved screenshot to use it.
Apart from this, Windows 10 and Windows 8 users can also use the above mentioned methods to take the screenshot of their computer.
However, if none of these methods work for you or if your PrtScn key is not functioning, you need expert help. Dial our toll free Windows tech support number 1-844-851-9487 and we can help you easily capture the screenshot of your Windows 10, Windows 8 or Windows 7 screen for uninterrupted work and productivity. Our expert technicians can also help resolve all issues that might be hampering the performance of your Windows computer. So, call us now for hassle free remote tech support experience.