How To Remove Antivirus That Triggers Black Screen Issues On Windows 10
Are you struggling with a mysterious black screen after you have updated your Windows 10 operating system with the recent April 2018 update? Are you facing serious technical glitches and want to get rid of them?
Well, you are not alone. A lot of Windows 10 users have reported black screen issues after updating to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update. After installing the update, the computer appears to boot but instead gets stuck with a black screen with no icons at all. They also receive an error message that the Desktop file cannot be accessed. In this article, we’ll take you through the reasons, symptoms, and ways to successfully fix the issue. You can also call us on our toll free Windows customer service number 1-844-851-9487 for expert help and support. Our expert technicians are available 24X7, 365 days a year to help you make the most of your Windows computer.
Reason behind Windows 10 black screen issues
Believe it or not, the root cause behind the latest issue is the Avast Antivirus installed on your computer. Even Microsoft has confirmed that they have identified an element of the Avast antivirus that is causing conflict with the April 2018 Update, leading to black screen problems.
Symptoms of the issue
Once you receive black screen issue after updating your Windows 10 computer with April update, you will be asked to choose a keyboard language. After doing so, you are presented with a few options like ‘boot from another operating system.’ Once you click on this option, you’ll be given another three options to continue. These are:
- Booting to Windows Rollback
- Windows 10 on Volume [x]
- Windows 10 on Volume [x]
However, none of these options will help you successfully load Windows 10 on your computer.
Resolution to the issue
There are several ways to successfully resolve the issue. Let’s take a look at them one by one:
Solution 1: Perform disk cleanup
The first step to fix Windows 10 April 2018 Update install fails is to check your drive space in Windows Explorer. Perform disk cleanup if you are running out of space. For this,
- Click on Start.
- Type “Disk cleanup” in the search box.
- Select the system disk (usually the C: drive).
- Click OK and select the files you want to delete.
- Click OK and then ‘Delete files’ to remove the files.
- Once done, try downloading and installing the Windows 10 April 2019 Update again.
Solution 2: Disable your antivirus software
Antivirus on your computer could also be the reason behind this potential problem. Try disabling it to fix the issue. Once the installation completes successfully, enable it to foolproof your computer’s security.
In case you are using Avast antivirus on your computer, update it with all the latest security patches/updates to fix all the bugs leading to black screen issue on Windows 10.
Solution 3: Reset the update
Still experiencing the problem? Resetting Windows 10 April 2018 Update could help resolve the issue. For this,
- Click on Start.
- In the search bar, type ‘CMD’ and right click on the ‘Command Prompt’.
- Select ‘Run as administrator’.
- Now type the following, pressing Enter after each line:
- net stop wuauserv
- net stop bits
- net stop cryptsvc
- Ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution\SoftwareDistribution.bak
- Ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.bak
- net start wuauserv
- net start bits
- net start cryptsvc
- Restart your PC and install the April 2018 Update again.
This should help resolve the problem. In case the issue still persists, follow Solution 4.
Solution 4: Install the Windows 10 April 2018 Update via USB
- Insert the USB drive into your laptop or CPU.
- Download and install the tool.
- Open it and agree to the license terms.
- You’ll reach “What do you want to do?” screen.
- Click “Create installation media for another PC” and click ‘Next’.
- Select the language, edition and 32-bit or 64-bit, and then select ‘USB flash drive’.
- Download the Windows 10 April 2018 Update 1803 (64-bit) from Microsoft.
- Once the installation drive has been created, restart your PC, boot from the drive and install the Windows 10 April 2018 Update from scratch.
Still need help?
Still facing the black screen issue? Not able to resolve the issue on your own? You need expert help. Call us at our Windows helpline number 1-844-851-9487 and we can help you resolve the issue in no time. Backed by a team of certified technicians, we are best in business and give you instant solution for all your technical problems. So call us and avail best remote tech support at the comfort of your home or office?