Blue Screen of Death, or BSOD as it is commonly known as, is never a welcoming sight. It is an indication that your Windows have crashed and your entire system has come to a standstill. It is a fatal system error that leads to system crash and puts your operating system in a position where it can no longer operate safely. The only option left for the user to recover Windows from Blue Screen of Death is to restart the PC. However, this too leads to data loss as apps and programs don’t have a chance to save their open data.
In this article, we’ll walk you through a number of troubleshooting steps that can help you fix Blue Screen of Death Error on your computer Windows in the most simple and hassle-free manner. However, if you are not confident enough in performing these troubleshooting steps on your own, you can seek the expert assistance of our certified technicians. Highly experienced and fully trained, they are available 24X7, 365 days a year and can help you fix the issue in no time. Dial our toll free Windows support number +1-844-414-5222 for immediate help and assistance.
When your computer encounters Blue Screen of Death in windows 7, your PC screen will display a message that reads: “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some error info, and then we’ll restart for you.” It may also display a general error code: HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAID, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGE_AREA, CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED or BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO, for example, which can give you a clue of the issue. But it usually is not sufficient enough to fix the problem.
A Blue Screen of Death error is usually hardware related problem. Most of the time, BSOD shows up an error code that can help you find the root cause of the problem. To automatically fix Blue Screen of Death error, head to the Action Center in Windows computer and check for the solution to your problem. For this,
- Click on Start and go to the Control Panel.
- Click on Security and Maintenance.
- Under Maintenance, check for solutions to the problem.
If you are unable to fix Blue Screen of Death error on its own, you need to follow the below mentioned manual troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue.
Using System Restore
If your computer has recently encountered Blue Screen of Death in windows 7, rolling your system back to its previous state can help resolve the problem. Known as System Restore, it will take your computer to its last working state. To enable system restore,
- Go to Start and in the search box type “Restore”.
- Then click “Create a restore point.”
- On the “System Protection” tab, click the “Create” button.
- Type a description for your restore point to remember why you created it and click “Create.”
- Windows will automatically create a restore point within 30 seconds and will notify you once done.
- Click ‘Close’ to close the dialog box and finish the process.
Scan Your Computer for Malware, Spyware, Adware, and other Security Threats
Blue Screen of Death could also be caused due to a malicious activity of a virus or malware who’s trying to dig deep into your Windows PC, causing system stability and unexpected crashes. To ensure a buggy malicious software is not behind Blue Screen of Death, thoroughly scan your PC using a competent antivirus software.
You can also get in touch with our certified antivirus experts who with the help of some of the most powerful antivirus software can help you quickly scan and identify problem causing virus and malware and remove them for complete system security. Dial +1-844-414-5222 for instant help and timely support.
Update Your Hardware Drivers
Hardware drivers are the bits of software that are used by Windows to communicate with your PC’s hardware. They need to be regularly updated to ensure that your computer hardware is working at its full potential. Keeping your system’s drivers up to date ensure best speed and performance and fewer bugs and unexpected errors and shut downs. To update your drivers,
- Go to Control Panel and click on Hardware & Devices.
- Now click on Device Manager and go to the device you want to update.
- Right click on it and select Update Driver.
- Windows will automatically search, download, and install the most latest driver for you.
- Install it and check if the Blue Screen of Death in Windows 7 issue has been resolved.
Boot into Safe Mode
If your computer is showing Blue Screen of Death every time you turn it on, booting into safe mode could help solve the problem. To access Safe Mode on your computer, first get into Windows recovery environment. For this,
- Start your computer and reach Windows login screen.
- Hold down the Shift key while clicking Restart.
- Click the Recovery tab and in the right pane, under the “Advanced Startup” section click on Restart Now.
- This will start your computer in Safe Mode.
See if your computer is able to boot in Safe Mode. Work on fixing the problem and then try restarting it in normal mode to restore your computer’s full functionality.
‘Erasing everything and starting everything from scratch’ is often the best way solve even the most complicated Windows issues. To perform Windows 7 clean install:
- Backup all your important programs and files.
- Locate your Windows 25-digit product key.
- Locate your Windows 7 installation DVD or USB device.
Steps to reinstall Windows
- Restart your computer with the Windows 7 DVD inserted in your optical drive, or with Windows 7 USB flash drive plugged in.
- Look out for ‘Press any key to boot from CD or DVD’ message similar and press any key to force your computer to boot from the Windows 7 DVD or USB storage device.
- Now wait for Windows 7 installation files to load.
- You’ll see the Windows 7 splash screen, indicating that the setup process is about to begin.
- Now select the Language to install, Time and currency format, and Keyboard or input method that you’d like to use in your new Windows 7 installation.
- Click on the Install now button to start the installation process.
- Wait for Windows 7 setup to begin.
- Windows 7 software license terms will appear on the screen. Read through the agreement, check the ‘I accept the license terms’ checkbox, and click Next to proceed.
- Choose the type of installation you want – Upgrade or Custom. Click on the Custom button.
- Delete all Windows 7 partitions as well as other operating system related partitions.
- Choose the physical location to install Windows 7.
- Wait for Windows 7 installation to complete.
- Restart your computer to apply the changes.
This should solve your problem. In case you are not able to fix Blue Screen of Death error on your own, feel free to get in touch with us. Call +1-844-414-5222 to speak to our expert technicians who can help you fix BSOD error in no time. They can also thoroughly check all your computer’s hardware and software components to ensure their proper functioning and update them for error- free performance. So, get in touch with us and we’ll help you make the most of technology. Call now!