When your phone connects to a Wi-Fi network, it assigns you an IP address. This IP address works like a unique identifier, which other devices may also use to share information–sometimes through your own phone.
You might sometimes need to find your iPhone’s IP address and for that our ‘how to find IP address on iPhone’ guide will prove very helpful. Stay tuned!
How Do I Find My IP Address on My iPhone?
Well, ‘how do I find my IP address on my iPhone?’ is a very common question among users. If you are one of them then do not worry. In this blog, you will find a number of ways to find the IP address. Although the most common way to find an IP address on iPhone is to go through the WiFi settings. In this blog, we will answer the following questions also:
- How to Find Your IP Address on iPhone through WiFi?
- How to Find IP Address on iPhone without WiFi?
- How to Find My IP Address on My iPhone (Public Cellular IP Address)?
If any of the above-mentioned questions have been there in your mind, you can go through this blog to get all your answers on how to find IP address on iPhone. With the help of these solutions, you can find the IP address using different methods.
You can go through the Wi-Fi settings to find your current IP address on iPhone. You can find an IP address without Wi-Fi by requesting an automatic IP address or entering the static IP address manually on iPhone. Besides that, you can search for the public cellular IP address on iPhone and iPad. So if you are thinking where do I find my IP address on my iPhone then go through the following discussion in which you will find the step by step guidance.
How to Find Your IP Address on iPhone through WiFi?
If you are thinking about how to find your IP address on iPhone then let us tell you it is quite easy to do that. The most common way to know your IP address is to go through the Wi-Fi settings. Let us know how to do that.
This is how you can search for an IP address on your phone. Also, keep in mind that your phone does not show the same IP address every time you connect to a Wi-Fi network. The IP address is a unique address that is given by your router itself.
Here, we have discussed how to find IP address on iPhone with the help of WiFi network information. In case, you want to learn how to find someone’s IP address on iPhone then you can follow the same steps which are as follows.
- To get started, you can launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- In the next step, you can tap the Wi-Fi option.
- Here, you can open the Wi-Fi network for which you want to know the IP address.
- Once done, tap on the “i” icon located next to the Wi-Fi name. This will show you the IP address.
Many users ask where can I find the IP address on my iPhone? If you have the same question, the aforementioned steps are quite helpful to know yours or someone else’s IP address on iPhone.
How to Find IP Address on iPhone without WiFi?
If you ever have to think about another way to find an IP address or when you are unable to use Wi-Fi then there is only one way to do that. You can simply change the IP address on the iPhone. This will show you the IP address without using Wi-Fi. Now the process of changing the IP address can be performed in two different ways. So if you are thinking where do I find my IP address on my iPhone then go through the following two ways with step by step guidance.
Request New Automatic IP Address
There are times when you cannot connect to the internet. In this scenario, you can simply request the new automatic IP address on the iPhone. If you are thinking about how do I find IP address on my iPhone then you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- On your iPhone, you can open the Settings app.
- Here, you can tap Wi-Fi and select your WiFi network
- Next to this, you can tap the “i” icon in order to edit the information.
- At this point, you can tap the “Renew Lease” option.
- When you see the prompt, you need to tap again Renew Lease.
- After you refresh the page, you will see the new IP address for your iPhone.
Enter a Static IP Address
Another way to change the Wi-Fi network is to enter the static IP address on the iPhone. So if you are thinking where to find IP address on iPhone, you can follow the steps mentioned below.
- As the first step, you can launch the Settings app.
- Then, you can open the Wi-Fi and find your WiFi network.
- Here, when you see the “i” icon next to the WiFi network name, you can tap it.
- Once you do so, tap the Configure IP option.
- At this point, you can tap the Manual option and then start typing the IP address details manually.
- When you are done adding the IP address, you can tap the Save button in order to save your applied actions.
This will successfully change your IP address on your iPhone. This is how you can change the IP address manually; by requesting the IP address or enter the static address manually. So if you want to know how to find IP address on iPhone 8 and other iPhone series, the above-mentioned steps will help you to do that.
How to Find My IP Address on My iPhone (Public Cellular IP Address)?
Besides finding your IP address on your iPhone, you can also know about the public cellular IP address. If you are thinking about how to find my IP address on my iPhone or public cellular IP address then you can go through the following steps mentioned below.
- To find the external or IP address, you need to access the web browser.
- You can simply search on Google; What is my IP.
- Now, on the top of the screen, you will see the public IP.
This is one of the quick ways to find out the public IP address. So, if you want to know how can I find my IP address on iPhone then the above-mentioned steps are easy to follow.
Finding the IP address is easy on the iPhone. You can search for the local IP address as well as a public IP address. So if you are thinking where to find IP address on iPhone, here, in this blog we have covered all the best ways to get the job done.