Hello Bettina, You can do the following steps:
- On your computer, open the QuickBooks program.
- Navigate to the “Lists” section of the top navigation bar.
- Then, using the drop-down option, select “Sales Item.”
- Right-click on “Option.” This will open a new tab in your browser.
- In the “Tax Rate (percent)” box, enter the new tax rate.
- You can change the “Sales Tax Name” if necessary.
- Add a “Description” as well.
- After that, press the “OK” button.
If you are still not able to modify the sales tax, then you can use our complete guide on it just follow the below link:- https://www.errorsdoc.com/quickbooks/how-to-change-quickbooks-sales-tax-rate/