You do not have to download a third party software to take a screenshot on your HP computer. Windows offer an inbuilt tool to take custom screenshot on your HP computer and a shortcut option on the keyboard to take a screenshot of the whole screen and saved the file using Paint. The two methods to take a screenshot on a HP laptop is
1st method. To take a full screenshot of the whole computer display screen in a HP computer.
First, search on your keyboard for Printer Screen or PrtScn. That key being found, now search for the function key on the keyboard Fn. Press and hold the function key Fn and the Printer Screen key. Open Paint. To open paint, go to the windows search bar and type Paint. On the blank white sheet, press and hold the “Ctrl” and “v” keys together to paste the screenshot. Click on the file which is at the top left and click on Save to save the screenshot to your computer.
2nd method. Take a custom screenshot using a windows inbuilt tool
Click on the windows search bar and type in Snipping Tool, open the snipping tool. On the snipping tool click on New, now click and drag the mouse to a certain region on your screen where you want to take the screenshot.once you have selected the region that you want to save, release the mouse and click on Save Snip on the snipping tool to save the screenshot on your HP computer.
How to Screenshot on an HP Laptop and Computer
HP is known for making fantastic electronic devices. Of all the devices made by HP, they are especially popular for making fantastic laptops and computers. We get lots of questions regarding HP laptops out of which the question of how to screenshot on HP computers comes up quite often.
In this write-up, we are going to provide you detailed information on how to take a screenshot and all the steps involved in doing the same. Before we answer your question let’s take a look at what exactly is a screenshot. In short, a screenshot lets you capture whatever is being displayed on your computer screen at the moment. There are quite a few methods to take a screenshot, and we will start by explaining the default method first.\
4 Methods to take a screenshot on hp laptop and computer
You will be surprised to know that you can take a screenshot without using external software or widgets if you are using an operating system based on Windows or chrome. You can use the print screen button to do the same. The button can be found near the Function keys or it may be somewhere else entirely depending on the model of your laptop. With just a press of the ‘print screen button, you can take a screengrab of whatever you are working on. Please note that the image is not saved on your system immediately. Follow the steps mentioned below to save the screenshot and save it in the format you like.
- Press the windows plus the print screen button to capture your screen.
- Open the software that you would like to use. For example photoshop or paint.
- Paste the image by right-clicking or by using control plus ‘v’
- Go to the save option from the file menu and save it in the format of your choice.
This is one answer to your question of how to screenshot on HP computer.
If you don’t want to capture the entire screen but just a small part then you are better off by using the snip and sketch tool. This tool is available on Windows 10 computers who have the October 2018 update. This method is also an answer to the question of how to screenshot on HP laptop Windows 7. Just follow these easy steps:
- Hold down the windows button plus shift plus ‘s’ simultaneously. Your screen will change colors and your mouse pointer will turn into a crosshair.
- Use your cursor/ crosshair to select the part that you want to screenshot. Copy the selected part to any software you like, eg. the clipboard or paint.
- Paste the image by right cling on selecting paste or you can use ctrl + v shortcut.
- Now you can save the image in whatever format you like.
The snipping tool is another great option if you want to go for instant screen grabs. This feature is available in almost all new versions of Windows be it Windows 10, 7 or 8. As it is a built-in feature, you do not have to go for downloads. There are three main steps that you have to follow:
- Once you have opened the snipping tool application, press Ctrl + n to start a new snip.
- Use your cursor/crosshair to highlight the area that you want to snip
- Select the disk icon from the toolbar to save the image in your desired format. Its that simple.
There are other features of the snipping tool as well which we will explain below.
- Freeform Snip
This feature allows you to capture various sizes or shapes be it rectangles, ovals or any other figure.
- Windows Snip
This allows you to take a screengrab of your active windows screen in an easy way.
- The full-screen snip
As the name suggests, you can use this feature to take a full grab of your screen. This feature comes in handy if you are using a multi-monitor setup. This method will be the answer to your ‘How to take a screenshot on HP’ question.
Use the Snagit application. You can use this tool to take screenshots of images, videos as well as your computer screen. This application even lets you take a snapshot of the scrolling screen as well. You can use this method if your question is how to take a screenshot on HP desktop as well. The method is quite simple actually. Just follow these simple steps:-
- Download and open Snag it.
- Look for the red circle that is available at the top of the application and you will be able to access the screenshot camera.
- You can use this camera button to take a screenshot of an image or a video feed.
- Now you will have to highlight the part that you want the screenshot of.
- The image will be available in the application. You can now use the application to edit it however you want. You can also resize it if you want.
You can use the above-mentioned methods to take screenshots on various HP devices like the tablet or HP Pavillion series or the HP Elite devices. However, if you are confused about something or are not sure about what to do then you can leave us a message and we will get back to you right away. Happy Snipping!