QuickBooks is a powerful software that assists you in managing and organizing your financial record smartly. Setting up password security is the compulsion to prevent losing your account details. However, remembering a password can prove one of the toughest tasks. But what if you get QuickBooks password reset tool to make your task easy?
Hence, in this article, we are focused on the use of password reset tool. By using this QuickBooks automated password reset tool, you can easily restore your forgotten or lost password to access your QuickBooks company file. Without further ado, let’s learn how you can use QuickBooks password reset tool.
- Why You Should Use QuickBooks Password Reset Tool to Restore the Password?
- How to Use QuickBooks Password Reset Tool?
Why You Should Use QuickBooks Password Reset Tool to Restore the Password?
Before we learn how to use the automated password reset tool in QuickBooks, you should know why you need to use this specific QuickBooks password reset tool.
Earlier to this, any QuickBooks user could access the QuickBooks company file. And, the chances of stealing the confidential and business-finance related details were obvious. As we know, computer security has been a major concern for a while. As the year passed, the technology gained a lot of trust from the users in terms of security. This is what QuickBooks password reset tool does.
What All Details You Must Have Use to QuickBooks Password Reset Tool?
QuickBooks automated password reset tool does not allow a random user to tamper the details. With its best security, only an authorized person with essential details can access the QuickBooks company file.
In order to access the QuickBooks account, a user needs to have the following details.
- License Number of 15 digits
- Full Contact Name
- Mobile Number
- Email Address same as authorized contact
By providing the aforementioned details, you can simply restore the password that you have forgotten or lost.
Also, you need to make sure that the aforementioned details should be verified with your business registrations record that is available with Intuit. In case the details you enter mismatches, your process of resetting the password will not be successful.
How to Use QuickBooks Password Reset Tool?
To use QuickBooks password reset tool, you will have to be aware of your QuickBooks version. Because the process of resetting the password might be different for each QuickBooks version.
So, before you proceed, make sure you identify and confirm the QuickBooks version and then reset the password. Below are the following steps that will help you to find the QuickBooks version.
Find the current version of QuickBooks you are using.
In order to determine which version was being used, you can select the product from the list. Doing so, you can find out the QuickBooks version and release information. In the following steps, you can make your search easy. Let’s know how.
QuickBooks Statement Writer
- Firstly, open your QuickBooks account and go to Reports.
- At this point, you can open QuickBooks Report Writer and go to click the Help option.
- Now you can choose About QuickBook Report Writer.
- Here you will see the QuickBooks version in the About section.
Point of Sale
- Go to Help and then you can click on Product Information.
- At his point, you will find the QuickBooks version and its release.
Automated Password Tool for QuickBooks Desktop
- To check the version in QuickBooks Desktop, you can use the F key on your Keyboard.
- Doing so, the Product Information page will be opened.
- Then, you can find the QuickBooks version.
QuickBooks Basic or Enhanced Payroll
- In this product, you can select Employees to select the Payroll Centers.
- After that, you can click on the Payroll option.
QuickBooks for Mac
- In QuickBooks for Mac, you can go to the Help section.
- At this point, you can select Product Information.
- Make sure you write down the version in the Product Information section.
Choose the Last Updated QuickBooks Version in Order to Open QuickBooks Company File.
As you have selected the recently updated QuickBooks version, you can go ahead to use this QuickBooks automated password reset tool.
Note: Ensure that you have .Net Framework 4.5 installed on your desktop. This will help you to run QuickBooks password reset tool. In case you do not have MS .Net Framework 4.5, you can download it from here.
To use QuickBooks password reset tool, go through the following steps.
- First of all, you need to download QuickBooks password reset tool on your system.
- Once the installation process is done, you can run the QuickBooks automated password reset tool.
- Now you can use the tool to reset your Admin password of QuickBooks in any QuickBooks version.
- At this point, you can select the version from QuickBooks Desktop.
- After that, you can register with QuickBooks. To do so, you will have to use your license number and other business information to submit.
- Here, you can read the agreement of license and then accept to proceed.
- Next to this, you can click on the Download button and then select Download Now link.
- Thereafter you can enter the Token number. (You will receive this token number in your email when asked).
- At this point, you can select the QuickBooks version (from the drop-down menu) that you are using currently.
- Now you can click on the Browse option and then select the QuickBooks Company File where the password reset is required.
- You can now enter your new password and confirm the password fields.
- In case you are resetting the password for an Accountant Copy working file, e.g., .QBA then you will have to type *.* in the file name box and then hit the Enter button. This will allow you to see and select .QBA files.
- Thereafter, you can click on Reset Password.
Note: As you have created the new password following the above-mentioned steps, you can log in with the same password. It is also recommended to use the password reset for once. By resetting the password again, you will have to fill the verification form again in order to generate new token access.
This is all you were supposed to do to reset the password in QuickBooks. The QuickBooks password reset tool is pretty easy to use. With the support of QuickBooks automated password reset tool, you can prevent your financial records from losing or stealing.