Snapchat can be really fun for sending quick snaps to your friends and looking up at specialty content. Also, there is no other photo sharing app better than snapchat in my opinion. But some people install snapchat just for the sake of trying the application and they don’t like it. So they want to delete it. But, it is not as simple as deleting a facebook account or an instagram account for that matter. Identity theft is a threat that snapchat users have to deal with. In the light of this threat, snapchat has made deactivating or deleting your account a complex process. In order to delete your snapchat account, follow the below mentioned steps:
- First of all, open snapchat on your mobile and click the profile icon which will be located on the top left of your screen. The profile icon could be your bitmoji that you have linked with your snapchat account.
- Now you will see a page which shows your profile information like your snapchat score, your active stories, your sun sign and so on and so forth. On the same page, there will be a gear icon for settings in the top right corner. Click on it.
- A new page will appear. Scroll down and go to the more information section and click on support settings.
- You will be redirected to a new page after loading for a while with the heading snapchat support. Scroll down and you will see an option named “My Account & Security”. Click on it and a drop down menu will appear. At the top of the menu, there will be the option named “Account Information”. Click on it.
- Another drop down menu will appear and at the bottom of that menu, you should see the option named “Delete My Account”. Click on it.
- You will be redirected to a new page with the heading “Delete My Account” and you should be able to see a link in blue named “Account portal”. Click on it and a new page will open in your web browser asking you to log into your snapchat account.
- Once you login, a new page will appear with the heading “Delete Account”. Scroll down and you will have to enter your account information one more time. Hit continue and your account will be deactivated.
Doing this will not delete your snapchat account immediately. Doing this deactivates your snapchat account. Snapchat suspends your account for 30 days so that you can continue using snapchat if you change your mind. To reactivate your account, just login within 30 days of deactivating your account. After 30 days your account will be deleted permanently and you will have to create a new account if you want to use snapchat again.