Did it ever happen that you are upgrading your operating system to windows 8 or 10 and getting a message, “An unspecified error occurred during system restore?” (08x000ffff). We upgrade our system for better features and benefits but when we encounter such errors makes situation worse and distressing. So, don’t get panic there are several ways to fix the error 0x8000ffff catastrophic failure.
There are various causes that trigger the error code 0x8000ffff:
- Certain errors in windows updates
- Damaged registry files caused by virus/malware
- Some outdated system drivers
- Incorrect computer system’s settings (Date and time)
- Disabled volume shadow copy service (VSS)
There are numerous causes for this error to occur but the most common reason is the malfunction with the Microsoft app servers. Hence, some of the methods or solutions are listed below in this guide to address the issue, just apply these solutions very carefully.
SOLUTION 1: SLIGHT MODIFICATION OF DRIVERS
There are some obsolete and corrupted drivers due to which the error code 0x8000ffff appears on your computer screen. Some of the steps are listed below to deal with the issue:
- To resolve the issue it’s important to update your drivers.
- Go the start button, click settings option from there.
- Click on the update and security option and then check for the updates.
- Install the driver from the mentioned list.
SOLUTION 2: CORRECT USAGE OF SYSTEM SETTINGS (DATE AND TIME)
Incorrect date and time can also cause the error to appear on your screen. Because of the incorrect date and time, you will not be able to connect to the windows app server. Some of the steps are mentioned below to choose correct date and time:
- Click on the clock icon at the bottom right corner of your system.
- Select “Adjust date/time”
- Afterwards, turn off the set time automatically option and then turn it on again.
- Just check the updates of date and time.
SOLUTION 3: REMOVE WINDOWS STORE CACHE
Cache that is present in windows store can be corrupted and therefore, it can create troubles and bring about various update problems like error code 0x8000ffff a catastrophic failure. To fix this, it’s crucial to clear the windows app store cache. Steps that need to be followed are:
- Firstly, press the windows key +R
- Now, type WSReset.exe and then ENTER key.
- Afterwards, system will take the command and clear all the cache present in windows app store.
- Now, you can update the pending applications or try to install them again.
SOLUTION 4: REPAIR SYSTEM FILES
There are some of the files that are either missing or gets corrupt. This is one of the reasons for the error code to appear. It is important to resolve this issue. Some of the steps are listed below:
- Click on the start button and enter “command prompt”.
- After the right click on the command prompt, select the option “Run as administrator”.
- Now, enter DSIM.exe/Online/Cleanup-image/Restorehealth.
- Again, enter sfc/Scannow.
- Now, wait for the system scan to finish the process.
- Reboot your computer.
XBOX One Error Code 0x8000FFFF
WHAT IS XBOX ONE?
Xbox one, announced in May 2013, is a line of eighth generation home video game consoles, mainly developed by Microsoft. Xbox one is the successor of the Xbox 360 and it’s a combined form of a gaming and entertainment system. Now, the users can play Xbox online games with the other users and they are also able to watch television, movies, listen to music and live chat with the others via Skype. Microsoft Xbox is competing with the gaming console systems such as PlayStation 4, Google TV, and Apple TV and Wii U from Nintendo.
The Xbox error code 0x8000ffff mainly occurs when you start a game or signing into Xbox live chat services. These errors appear because of the network configuration and can be problematic. Hence, some of the solutions are provided below to fix the error:
SOLUTION 1 – Firstly, it is advised to check the status of the Xbox live service.
SOLUTION 2 – One of the easiest solutions is to restart your console. How to restart your console? Follow the necessary steps:
- Press the Xbox button twice to open the guide.
- Now, scroll down to select the settings option.
- Select the restart console and press “Yes” to confirm.
- Sign In again, after the console has been restarted.
SOLUTION 3 – There is another way to solve the issue by network configuration. Check your network connection to fix this error.
- Select the guide button.
- Now go to settings i.e., System settings.
- Select the option – Network settings.
- Afterwards, select the wired or wireless network.
- Then, select Xbox live connection
Hopefully, the solutions that are provided have helped you to resolve the error ‘0x8000ffff ’. Now, you can upgrade your windows, or download applications without any problem or error code.