sers of Windows 10 can sometimes face certain annoying errors. The NET Framework 3.5 Windows 10 error 0x800f081f is one such error. Removing this error can be quite a task when you don’t know the right ways to root it out. In this post, we will be presenting to you 5 clever fixes for clearing away this error from your Windows 10 systems.
Let us read this post now.
What is 0x800f081F Net Framework Windows 10?
The 0x800f081f Windows 10 1709 error code gets displayed on your computer when you are attempting to install the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5. It may be accompanied by the message “DISM online cleanup image restorehealth error 0x800f081f Windows 10”. You are most likely to see this error on your Windows 10 system when it is not able to find the files which are needed to install the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.
How is the Error Code 0x800f081F Windows 10 Update Caused?
The NET Framework error 0x800f081f Windows 10 occurs due to certain incompatibilities. It has often been found that when the .NET Framework has been enabled via the DISM or Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool, Windows PowerShell or an installation wizard.
How to Solve 0x800f081F Windows 10?
You can solve the DISM 0x800f081f Windows 10 in 5 ways. You can install the .NET Framework 3.5 by removing the .NET Framework 4.7 to settle this problem. You can use the DISM tool for installing it successfully. Windows PowerShell can also be utilized for removing the error 0x800f081f Windows 10 update. Configuring the Group Policy Editor and reinstalling .NET Framework 3.5 too can troubleshoot the problem in an effective manner.
More information about these ways has been provided below.
Fix 1: Remove .NET Framework 4.7 & Install .NET Framework 3.5
The first fix for repairing the 0x800f081f Windows 10 1809 error code involves removing the .NET Framework 4.7 and then installing the .NET Framework 3.5. For performing this fix successfully, you will have to read the 8 steps given below.
1. On your Windows 10 system, go to “Programs and Features”.
2. Click on “Turn Windows features on or off.”
3. Ensure that the checkbox for “.NET Framework 4.7” has not been selected.
4. Next, click on “Ok” and then uninstall the latest version of the NET Framework.
5. Now, you have to enable “.NET Framework 3.5” after removing the .NET Framework 4.7. Then press “Ok”.
6. Read and perform the instructions on your screen for downloading and installing the .NET Framework 3.5.
7. Next, enable the “.NET Framework 4.7” again.
8. Use your Windows 10 computer. The Windows 10 NET 3.5 error code 0x800f081f will not interfere while you use it.
Fix 2: Use DISM for Installing .NET Framework 3.5
DISM works as an amazing repair tool for computer systems with Windows. And when it is about solving the Windows 10 DISM error 0x800f081f, you can highly rely on this tool for settling the issue. To use this tool, you need to administer 4 simple steps.
Important :- This method for NET Framework 3.5 Windows 10 error 0x800f081f regedit requires you to have the Windows installation media ready with you. Just in case you do not have it, we will suggest you to run the Media Creation Tool of Microsoft. Then download a copy of the Windows version of your system. Make sure you keep the copy in an ISO format.
1. Insert the Windows installation media into your Windows 10 system.
2. Now, launch the Windows Explorer and make a note of the Windows media’s drive letter.
3. Run the “Command Prompt” from the “Start” menu. Make sure it is being run as the administrator.
4. Fill in the command given below in the “Command Prompt”. Then press “Enter”.
When the command has been entered, the tool will begin its work and fix the code error 0x800f081f Windows 10 quickly.
Important :- In the command given above, you have to fill in the letter representing the Windows installation media in place of the letter “X”. Also, this command may fail at times due to the source path not being correct. As a piece of advice, kindly check that the source path entered is correct. In case you find the folders “x64” and “x86” in the mounted installation media’s root directory, you will have to modify the source as follows:
“DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All /LimitAccess /Source:X:\x64\sources\sxs”
Fix 3: Use PowerShell for Installing .NET Framework 3.5
In this fix, we will be using PowerShell for installing .NET Framework 3.5. The 0x800f081f Windows 10 1903 will not show up on your computer when you are using PowerShell for the installation. Now, let us read the 5 steps given below.
Important :-To troubleshoot the error 0x800f081f Windows 10, the Windows installation media will be needed. However, if the Windows installation media is not available to you at the moment, then you can take the help of Microsoft’s Media Creation Tool. Simply, run the tool, download a copy of your Windows version, and then keep it in an ISO format.
1. The first step is to insert the Windows installation media into your Windows 10 computer.
2. Search for “PowerShell” in the “Start” menu.
3. Right-click on “Windows PowerShell” and run it as administrator.
4. Enter the following command in “PowerShell”. Then tap “Enter”.
“Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature –Online –FeatureName “NetFx3” –Source X:\sources\sxs -LimitAccess”
Important :- In the command shown above, the letter “X” has to be replaced with the drive letter that represents the Windows installation media. In case you find that the command has not been successful, go to “Windows Explorer”. Check that the source path has been correctly entered by you. If you find the folders “x86” and “x64” present in the mounted installation media’s root directory, then use the command shown below, where “X” is the letter of the Windows installation media’s drive.
“Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature –Online –FeatureName “NetFx3” –Source X:\x64\sources\sxs -LimitAccess”
5. At the end of this procedure, use your Windows 10 system. The NET Framework 0x800f081f Windows 10 should have been fixed.
Fix 4: Configure Group Policy Editor on Windows 10
Configuring the Group Policy Editor is another workaround for the NET Framework 3.5 installation error 0x800f081f Windows 10. If you wish to go ahead with this fix, then consider reading the 8 steps given in this section.
1. Open the “Run” dialog box on your Windows 10 computer.
2. Type in “gpedit.msc” in the “Run” dialog box and press “Enter”.
3. In the Editor, click on “Computer Configuration”.
4. Then go to “Administrative Templates”.
5. The fifth step is to click on “System”.
6. On the right-hand panel, scroll down and look for the “Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair” entry.
6. To access the “Settings” window of the entry, double click on it.
7. On the top left corner, select the option of “Enabled” and then press “Ok”.
8. After the configuration is complete, the NET Framework 3.5 Windows 10 download error 0x800f081f will get resolved.
Fix 5: Reinstall .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows 10
When the NET Framework 3.5 Windows 10 download error 0x800f081f appears on your system, you should try to reinstall the .NET Framework 3.5. The simplest procedure to do so has been provided here. Take a look at the 8 steps of this procedure.
1. Turn on your Windows 10 system and go to the “Settings” app.
2. Click on “Apps”.
3. Thirdly, go to “Apps and Features”.
4. Scroll down to find the “Related Settings”.
5. Now, tap on “Programs and Features”.
6. When a new window opens, tap the option of “Turn Windows features on or off”.
7. Tick the checkbox for “.NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0).
8. Then press “Ok”.
The installation process will begin and take a while to finish. After the installation has been successfully done, the 0x800f081f 0x20003 Windows 10 1809 error code will not persist on your system.
The error code Windows 10 NET 3.5 0x800f081f will stop appearing on your computer when you use these 5 genius ways to keep it at bay. While this Windows 10 error has been taken care of, how about reading some quick fixes to make your computer free from the error 0x80072ee7 Windows 10 activation and error 0x80070643 Windows 10? If you would like to read about the fixes for these common errors too, then tap here right away.