Fix Window 10 Update & Installation Error Code 0x80070643
Windows 10 was launched on the 29th of July, 2015. Since then it has been facing quite a lot of problems. Windows 10 is the latest version of the Windows NT family of operating systems by Microsoft. Many people complain that whenever they update their OS or any other application, the Error Code 0x80070643 is shown on their screens.
So what is Error Code 0x80070643? Error code 0x80070643 a basic error, which occurs on a number of different software programs, such as Microsoft Security Essentials, Windows Update, Microsoft Office, etc. Although it occurs on various programs, the reason and solutions may vary from software to software. So the cure that you will follow will totally depend on the reason or circumstances why it is arriving.
So let us first understand the reasons causing this error:
- There is a Failure in installing any latest Windows updates, which makes installation of the most recent update is impossible.
- There is any corrupt system file in your PC.
- It requires to authenticate the installation when Windows Update feature is unable to access some of your data.
- There may be some kind of Virus/Malware infection in your Windows.
- Maybe you will find that .Net Framework in your Computer is corrupt.
- Your Microsoft Source Engine (Ose.exe) is either Corrupt or disabled.
- You have an Installed third-party antivirus/malware program.
- There may be an error in the computer system registry.
What are the symptoms causing this Error Code 0x80070643:
- This Error usually appears and crashes the active program window.
- PC frequently crashes with this Error when it is running the same program.
- “Microsoft Security Essentials Error 0X80070643” is displayed.
- Windows runs slowly and responds sluggishly to mouse and keyboard input.
- Your PC will periodically “freeze” for a few seconds at a time.
If anyone is facing this problem then it is important for them to keep track of when and where the 0x80070643 error occurs as it is an important piece of information in troubleshooting the problem. When anyone is willing to fix this problem then it is important to first check the PC by restarting it. It will give you an idea that the problem is small or big. If the problem gets resolved by just this simple step then it’s a good news. Otherwise, you have to follow the following methods till your problem doesn’t get dissolved.
METHOD 1: Remove Antivirus
- Firstly, uninstall any existing Internet security programs.
- Then Restart your computer.
- Install Microsoft Security Essentials again. If you are still facing the issue, then continue with the next method.
METHOD 2: Ensure that the Windows Installer service is running
- Click Start. In the Search programs and files box, there, type ‘services.msc’, after that just press Enter.
- Right-click on Windows Installer, and then click Start.
-If Start and Stop are unavailable and only ‘Restart’ option is available, this will help you to know that the service is already started.
- On the Services page that is on the File menu, click Exit.
- Then click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then press Enter.
- Type MSIEXEC or REGSERVER and press Enter.
- Install Microsoft Security Essentials again. If all these steps don’t resolve the issue, then try the next method.
METHOD 3: Start Windows in Selective Start-up mode
- Click Start. In the ‘Search programs and files box’, type ‘msconfig’, and then select it.
- On the General tab, click Selective Startup, and clear the Load Startup Items check box.
- On the Services tab, click the ‘Hide All Microsoft Services check box’, and clear all the check boxes for the services that are already on the list.
- Click OK, and click on ‘Restart’ to restart the computer.
- Try to install Microsoft Security Essentials again.
If you are still facing the problem then you should concern the IT specialists as they may have more knowledge about this than anyone else. They may also show you more methods of resolving this error. After all, it’s about your computer and you can’t take any risk with it.