How To Wipe A Computer Windows 7 Without Disc
Re-Installation of Windows, elimination of software issues and error messages, removal of viruses and malware, or preparation of second hard drive for reuse – your decision to wipe your Windows 7 computer hard disk could be many. While reformatting a hard drive through installation CD is quick and easy, reformatting your Windows 7 hard drive without the installation CD might require you to perform some additional steps.
In this article, we’ll show you some easy ways to wipe hard drive on a Windows 7 computer without the CD. However, if you are not confident of performing these steps on your own or need additional help and support, call us. Dial our toll free Windows 7 customer support number 1-844-851-9487 and seek expert help from our qualified and seasoned professionals. They can help you perform all the Re-formatting steps correctly to avoid any complications later on. Before performing the disk cleanup steps, they’ll also ensure that all your data, files, and folders are securely backed up to prevent any data loss.
Steps to Wipe Computer Windows without Disk
- Formatting a non-system drive
- Log into your computer as administrator.
- Click Start and type “diskmgmt.msc” in the Search box.
- Press Enter.
- Right click on the drive that you want to format
- Click Format and click “Yes” when prompted.
- Type in a display name and uncheck “Perform a quick format” box.
- Click OK twice.
Your computer will start the formatting process. It may take anywhere between a few minutes and a few hours to complete the process, depending on the size of your drive.
- Formatting a System Drive
- Click Start and go to the Control Panel
- Click System and Maintenance.
- Not click Backup and Restore and click “Create a system repair disc”.
- Insert a clean writable CD into your CD drive and click Create disc.
- Once done, click Close and press OK.
- Now reboot your computer, press F10 or F12 keys open the boot menu.
- Next, select CD drive as your boot device and press Enter.
- Press any key to boot to the disc when prompted.
- Now click the “Next” button. Within few minutes, the System Recovery Options dialog box will open.
- Click “Use recovery tools that can help fix problems starting Windows. Select an operating system to repair.”
- Select your Windows installation and click Next.
- Now click Command Prompt and type “vol C:”.
- Press Enter. Note down the volume label that appears after “Volume in drive K is.”
- Type “Format c: /fs:NTFS” and press Enter.
- Type the volume label that you have noted down and press Enter.
- The computer will ask you “Are you sure you want to erase everything on drive c:”, type “Y” and then press Enter when prompted.
The disk cleanup process has started and will take an hour or more to complete.
That’s it. By following these steps, you can easily wipe a Windows 7 hard drive even without a disk. Should you need more help, feel free to call us on 1-844-851-9487. Our expert technicians are available 24X7, 365 days a year to help you get rid of your tech woes. For best resolution of all your Windows related issues and uninterrupted help and support, call us now!