How To Update Drivers In Windows 10 Automatically
If you have used a desktop or a laptop for some purpose, you would know that the hardware component of the former or the latter need a medium to interact with one another. This is of paramount importance as without it the hardware components would fail to execute the commands properly to provide a user with their desired output.
Different kinds of drivers such as audio drivers and video drivers help a computer function smoothly. If your job necessitates using the computer on a daily basis or you make use of the electronic device for various activities regularly, you should know the following in the first place:
How to update graphics, Video & Nvidia driver in Windows 10
Apart from the drivers mentioned above, there are some additional drivers which also play an important role in the smooth functioning of a computer. Here is what you need to do to update different kinds of drivers on your computer.
- Press the windows key. Now, you can see the start menu.
- Now, enter “Device Manager” in the box that follows and choose it from the results that come up on the screen.
- Expand the category of various devices (such as network, adapters, monitors and so on) and locate the name of the device.
- Right-click on the name of the device and choose the option that gives the option to update the driver.
- In order to update sound, audio or Nvidia drivers, expand the appropriate option and then choose “Update Driver”.
- Next, select the option that provides for the automatic search of updated driver software.
- In case Windows OS fails to detect a new driver, you can find one on the website of the device manufacturer and proceed with the subsequent troubleshooting steps as given on the website.
In case the aforementioned steps do not help you update drivers of Windows 10, the next thing you may want to try is the option to reinstall the driver. In many cases, this may come in handy in fixing an issue with the installation of device software.
Here is how you can reinstall the driver software so you are able to update Bluetooth driver of Windows 10, and other kinds of driver software for the operating system of your computer later on.
- Go to “Device Manager”
- Tap and hold or right-click the name of the device you wish to uninstall.
- Next, select the option “Uninstall”.
- Restart your PC now.
When the device restarts, allow the updates to install naturally. Do not power off the device or configure any settings at this stage. It is strongly recommended that you should make a change only after the process linked with the update of drivers is complete.
So, these are the steps to update audio drivers in Windows 10. Also, you can update video drivers in Windows 10 as well as the other drivers by following the steps as listed above.