How to Connect Canon Printer to WiFi wireless network or Router?
Connection of Canon printer to wifi network is one of the most convenient modes of connectivity. It is a wireless connectivity which makes it movable within the wifi range. It also provides high precision. It is very easy to get your Canon Printer connected with your computer over wifi network. All you need to do is follow some very simple steps and you will be all set to use it.
How to Connect Canon Printer to Wireless Network?
Follow the below steps to link with your Canon printer to a wireless network successfully.
1. Ensure that you have plugged your printer in properly. In case your printer is demanding an Ethernet connection to access the Internet, You also need to arrange an Ethernet cable to plug in the printer into your router.
2.Verify that your printer comprise an installation software. During the final purchase if you were provided a CD with your printer probably you need use the CD for installing the application to run prior configuration of the printer.
- The modern printers so not demand this process. The previous printer models demand CD installation prior linking with them.
- For installation through CD you just have to use the CD and follow the instructions displayed on the screen. For the Mac OS, you require an external card reader for carrying out this step.
3.Check that your printer is connected to the Internet. This involves the use of LCD panel to choose a wireless network along with the password.
- Thoroughly go through the instruction guide of your printer to check specific details on syncing your printer model to the Internet.
- Get a online version of instruction guide of your printer by going to official Canon website. You can find it by clicking support -> choose manual -> from the drop down menu click printers than enter the model number of your printer.
4. Ensure that your system in on the similar network to your printer. You receive commands for your wireless printer from your computer. For this your computer and printer are supposed to the same Wi-Fi network.
- In case your printer is connected to a different Wifi network other than Wifi of your system prior going ahead.
Second Step to Connect Canon Printer to Wifi wireless network or Router
Else prior beginning, there are some criteria to be fulfilled to use the WPS push button way:
- The starting point should comprise of a push button must have a physical WPS push button available. Verify the user manual of your device for more details. In case the WPS push button is missing you are supposed to use the guidelines on the Standard Connection solution tab.
- WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access) might be used by your network or WPA2 security protocol. Maximum WPS enabled access points use this protocol.
- Check that the printer is connected properly.
- Hold the wifi button that appears on the top of the printer till there is a flash from the alarm.
- Ensure that the lamp flashes blue -> Move to the starting point and press the [WPS] button in few mins.
- To fetch appropriate details on accessing WPS on your main point, follow the user manual.
- The wifi lamp that flashes blue on the printer will continue ﬂashing while locating and the power and Wifi lamp will flash while linking to the access point.
- Once the connection is successfully made by your printer to your wireless network, the power and Wi-Fi lamp stop flashing and remain lighted instead.
To get settled that your printer is linked successfully to your wireless network, you can print out the network settings of your printer in case you are willing to:
Network Connection Configuration
- Turn on your printer and load paper.
- Keep pressing the Resume/Cancel button till there is a flash from the alarm lamp at least 15 times and then release it.
- Network information page will be printed.
- While talking about printout, verify that the “Connection” signifies “Active” and the SSID – Service Set Identifier (refers to the name of your wireless network) refers to the exact name of your wireless network.
- This ends up with the WPS configuration process.
- Go ahead with the installation of the software to use your PIXMA MG3540.
- In case there is no installation CD that usually comes with the printer, you can download it from the PIXMA range page.
- In case WPS wireless configuration is not successful despite of following the instructions you need to seek technical assistance.
For further help you can contact Errorsdoc.com, a reliable support agency that handles all the problems related to your Canon printer effortlessly. You can get in touch with the technical support team via toll free number 1-844-851-9487.