Canon PIXMA is one of the best series of multi-functional printers available in the market that strive to cater to the needs of both home and office users. Easy to operate and use, Canon PIXMA printers offer trouble-free printing solutions at most times. But, there are times when users might face issues and error messages while using the printing device. These include paper jam, blockage or leakage of ink cartridge, or random technical glitches. These may disrupt your printer’s normal functionality, and cause unnecessary hindrance to your work and productivity.
However, most of these issues can easily be tackled by quickly resetting your Canon PIXMA printer and its ink cartridge to factory settings. Though each PIXMA model has slightly different factory reset procedure, they all share a lot of common grounds. In this article, we’ll show you the easiest way to reset your Canon PIXMA printer in case you are experiencing delayed printing problems or ink cartridge issues.
Ways to Reset Canon Printer to Factory settings
Resetting your Canon PIXMA printer to its default factory setting will restore it back to its initial time, clearing all the settings and specifications that you have made after purchasing it. This would also necessitate reconnecting your printer to your home’s network and re-establishing the entire setup process again. However, this is the easiest way to get rid of all issues and error messages.
To access the factory reset option,
- Turn your printer on and open the menu.
- Use the directional arrows to navigate through the setup menu.
- Go to Device settings and press OK.
- Now select the Reset settings option and press OK to start the process.
Ways to reset Canon PIXMA Printer Ink Cartridge
When you refill or re-install ink cartridge on Canon PIXMA, it, at times, create a reset issue. Though there are various ways to resolve the problem, the best is to reset the printer according to BCH technology. For this,
- Turn your printer off.
- Press the Power button while holding the Stop button.
- Release the Stop button.
- Keep holding the Power button and press the Stop button two more times.
- After around 30 seconds, the printer will display “O.”
- Press the Stop button four more times before pressing the Power button twice.
- Press the Power button one more time to turn off your printer. This will complete the reset process.
- Now reset the ink cartridges by unplugging the printer’s power and USB cables.
- Open the ink cartridge door while pressing the Power button and reconnect the power cables with the Power button is still pressed.
- Close the cartridge door, and then release the Power button.
That’s it. By following the aforementioned steps you can easily reset your Canon Printer to factory settings as well as reset your Canon Printer ink cartridge. Should you need help during the process, feel free to call us at our Canon printer helpline number 1-844-851-9487 and speak with our expert technicians. They can help you easily reset your Canon printer using Canon Printer Reset Software and help you make the most of technology. Happy printing!