Unable to print a document using your HP printer? Is your printer jamming paper or showing Paper jam error when you give a print command? Well, it is common for all of us to encounter HP printer paper jam error, once in a while. During printing, at times, our HP printer stops feeding pages and displays ‘Paper Jam. Clear jam, and then press OK’ error message on the printer control panel, and it becomes important for you to resolve the error message to resume your work.
However, paper jams can be real as well as false. Sometimes, your HP printer might report a paper jam error even when there is no paper jam at all. Even though you have thoroughly cleaned the paper input tray, the printer refuses to acknowledge that the jam has been cleared and continues displaying the error message.
In case you are facing a HP Printer Paper Jam Error But No Paper Jam error on your HP printer, we can help. Dial our toll free HP printer customer support helpline number 1-844-851-9487 and we can help you successfully fix a paper jam on a HP printer. Alternatively, you can also follow our below mentioned resolution steps to manually fix a paper jam issue on an HP printer.
HP Printer Paper Jam Fix
Solution 1: Clear jammed paper from the input tray
- Press the Power button to turn the printer on.
- While the printer is still on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Locate the input tray.
- Pull the paper gently out of the input tray to remove the paper jam.
- Look inside the input tray and remove any other objects that might have fallen inside the tray.
- Return the printer to its normal position.
- Reconnect the power cord and turn the printer on.
Try to print. If the error persists, follow Solution 2.
Solution 2: Clear jammed paper from the output tray
- Turn the printer off and disconnect the power cord.
- Locate the output tray and gently pull the jammed paper out of the output tray to remove it.
- Try to print.
If the error still persists, try Solution3.
Solution 3: Clean the paper feed rollers
- Turn off the printer, and disconnect the power cord.
- Raise the input tray and open it.
- Find the gray paper pick rollers and clean it thoroughly with a damp cloth to remove dust or dirt buildup.
- Dry the rollers completely before placing them back.
- Reconnect the power cord and turn on the printer.
- Try to print.
If the error persists, continue to the next step.
Solution 4: Clean the printer roller
- Remove all papers from the input tray.
- Press the down arrow to select Settings and press OK.
- Press the down arrow to select Tools, and press OK.
- Now select Clean Paper Feed and press OK.
- Wait until the printer stops completely before you continue.
Now try to print. If the error persists, follow the next step.
Solution 5: Reset the printer
- Turn the printer on
- Now disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the outlet.
- Wait for 60 seconds.
- Now plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn your printer on.
- Check if the issue has been resolved.
You should be able to resolve the issue by following the aforementioned resolution steps. Should the issue still persist, give us a call by dialing our toll free HP support number 1-844-851-9487. Our experts will quickly analyze the root cause of the problem and fix it to perfection. We assure guaranteed resolution of the issue in the minimum wait time possible. We can also help you speed up your printer for best performance. So call us today to enjoy the best remote tech support experience.