To the admirers of HP printers, this device is truly a necessity. Your HP printer is your best friend at work that you can count on for printing your important documents and sharing them safely. These reliable services can come to a halt when your HP printer stops working and demands troubleshooting.
Do you want to know how to troubleshoot HP printer problems? We present to you a useful HP printer troubleshooting guide to resolve ink cartridge errors, ghosting troubles, paper jams, printer driver issues and a lot more.
Troubleshooting 5 HP Printer Problems
In the following sections we have provided 5 common HP printer problems, their solutions as well as step-by-step instructions for you. Using these instructions, you will be able to navigate through the procedure easily and fix your HP printer like an expert.
HP Printer Troubleshooting Print Quality
Sometimes, the print quality of your HP printer may get affected. The black ink or colour ink may fail to get printed, the printout may be faded, the printed document may look blur, and even the printed ink may be smeared. Let us see what you can do to troubleshoot the print quality of your HP printer.
1. Reinstalling the printer driver has shown to fix the problem. For this, first turn on your HP printer. If you are using a USB to connect the device with your computer, then remove the cable.
2. Now press the “Windows” key and open the “Control Panel”.
3. Then go to “Devices and Printer” and right-click it. When you see the name of your printer, click on it to remove or uninstall it.
4. Just in case the name of your HP printer is not visible in the list, you can go to the section “Printers”.
5. A set of instructions will pop up when you move to the “Printers” section. Follow these on-screen instructions to remove your HP printer.
6. The next step involves removing any other HP icons appearing on the desktop or in the Windows “Start” menu.
7. Once the printer driver has been removed, reinstall it. After the reinstallation, the error will have been resolved.
Also keep in mind that you should always use genuine quality HP ink cartridges as well as the right kind of printing paper that is compatible with your HP printer.
HP Printer Troubleshooting Offline Error
When your HP printer shows the status as being offline, chances are that the network connectivity might not be appropriate. There could also be faulty settings. The HP printer offline status will not allow your system to communicate with the device and hence, you will not be able to print or scan anything. Take a look at the fix for this.
1. First, you will be required to download the HP Print and Scan Doctor.
2. After the tool has been downloaded, run it on your computer.
3. After the HP Print and Scan Doctor open, click on “Start”.
4. Now select the name of your HP printer. On the off chance that you do not see the name of your printer, click on “Retry” and it will appear.
5. Your system may be prompted to turn on the printer updates, in case any. Click on “Yes” to install and then tap “Continue”.
6. Running the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool will resolve the offline printer status. The tool will also guide you with the instructions in case there is any error with the connection.
HP Printer Troubleshooting Paper Jam
Paper jams are very common errors that occur while printing. It is important to fix your HP printer by clearing away the paper jam or else the device will not let you print any further. In this section, we will tell you the steps for HP printer troubleshooting paper jams.
1. To begin with, check the input and output trays. Look inside these trays to find any bits of jammed papers.
2. Now, open the cover of the Automatic Document Feeder or ADF. Remove the jammed paper if you can see it there. Now try a test print to check whether the error has been solved. In case the error has not been resolved, then move on to the third step.
3. Turn off your HP printer and remove the power cord.
4. Now, open the access door of the device and then move the carriage. Pull away the jammed paper from this area.
5. The next step is to check the paper path cover for the jammed paper, in case your printer has it.
6. Also take out the input tray and inspect it for stuck bits of paper.
7. In case your HP printer has a bottom cleanout door, look under it to find the jammed paper.
8. Now, check the rear access door where the paper may have got stuck while printing.
9. The next step is to carefully place back all the parts you removed or moved.
10. Reconnect your HP printer to the power cord and plug it in. Turn it on and then give a test print. The HP paper jam error will have been resolved by now.
HP Printer Troubleshooting Ghosting
Ghosting is another common error you may encounter while using your HP printer. In ghosting, you may be able to print an image properly, however, a lighter version of the image may get printed elsewhere in the document. Let us see what we can do to remove this error.
1. Remove the power cord of your HP printer from the power source.
2. Now, open the access door of your HP printer and remove the ink cartridge.
3. Keep the removed ink cartridge safely on a surface.
4. The next step is to wait for 30 seconds.
5. Now, plug the power cord back into your HP printer.
6. Also place back the ink cartridge into the device.
7. Turn on your printer and give a test print. The ghosting error will have been resolved by now.
HP Printer Troubleshooting Ink Cartridge
Your HP printer may fail to deliver prints when there is an error with the ink cartridge. The ink cartridge could be in the wrong slot, it could be missing or it could even be incompatible with your HP printer. Below we have given the HP printer troubleshooting ink cartridge solution. Take a look at it.
1. The initial step is to ensure that the ink cartridge is compatible with the model of your HP printer. Take the help of the user manual to verify the ink cartridge.
2. The next step is to reset your HP printer. Keep your printer turned on and then remove its power cord.
3. Now, wait for at least a minute.
4. The final step is to connect your power cord again to the power source and then to your HP printer.
5. Once you reset your HP printer successfully, the HP Printer ink cartridge error will have been resolved.
HP Printer Troubleshooting Solutions and Compatible Models
These solutions will work best for the HP printer models given below:
|HP C310 Printer||HP 4650 Printer||HP 1000 Printer||HP 1220C Printer|
|HP 2542 Printer||HP 4650 Printer||HP 7200 Printer||HP J4580 Printer|
|HP Laserjet 1012 Printer||HP Officejet 6000 Wireless Printer||HP Officejet J4550 Printer||HP Printer Officejet 6500A|
The above-mentioned solutions can also be used for troubleshooting the following models of the HP photosmart printer and HP Envy printer series.
|HP Photosmart D110 Printer||HP PSC 2410 Photosmart Printer||HP Photosmart C4400 Printer|
|HP Photosmart Printer C4680||HP Photosmart D5360 Printer||HP Envy 5530 Printer|
|HP Photosmart C6250 Printer||HP Photosmart C8180 Printer|| HP Photosmart 6510|
It was fun to solve the common errors with this HP printer troubleshooting guide. We learned about the possible errors and how you can fix these like a pro in little time. If you are looking for more solutions for how to clean HP printer rollers or you want to fix your HP printer in error state, you don’t have to go anywhere else. You can discover all the expert solutions right on our page.