If you are struck by this question of what is HP ePrint and how to use it then you landed on the right platform. Here, you will learn the easy procedure of HP ePrint download and HP ePrint login.
Furthermore, you will discover a lot more about HP ePrint services, the HP ePrint app for Android and iPhone, and how to add HP ePrint to Google Cloud Print. Just in case, your HP ePrint not working, we also have provided solutions for that. Let’s get started!
In this particular blog, we will discuss the following topics about HP ePrint software and app for computer and mobile phones:
- Learn about HP ePrint
- Learn More about HP ePrint Services
- How to Add HP ePrint to Google Cloud Print?
- Learn About HP ePrint App
- How to Use HP ePrint on Android and iPhone?
- How to Fix When HP ePrint Not Working?
- Method 1: Check Your Printer Status
- Method 2: Check the ePrint Email and Print Job Settings
- Method 2.1: Meet the Email Requirements
- Method 2.2: Check if the Attached File is Compatible
- Method 2.3: Confirm the Email
- Method 2.4: Meet the Print Job Requirements
- Method 3: Troubleshoot the Network Connection
- Final Verdict
Learn about HP ePrint
HP ePrint is a smart technology that can be used for tablet computers, smartphones, and laptops. Whether you are at home or outside somewhere, you can print photos or documents in just one touch from anywhere.
Besides that, you can print your documents just by sending emails to the printer. This cloud computing technology also allows sending print through the HP manager server to the printer.
HP ePrint Download Procedure for Windows and Mac
To use HP ePrint, you can download HP ePrint software. The software can be downloaded for both Windows and Mac computers or laptops. To install HP ePrint printer, you can do the following:
- Visit the HP website following this link.
- Click on the “Choose a different OS” link.
- Then, select your “Operating system” and “Versions” from the drop-down menu.
- Hit the “Update” button to see the software result.
- Click on the “Download” button.
- Save the file on your computer.
- Click on the “.exe file” in order to install the software completely.
- Agree to their license terms and adjust the installation settings.
These steps can be followed for Windows 8.1 (32-bit & 64-bit), Windows 10 (32-bit & 64-bit), Mac OS X 10.10, Mac OS X 10.9, and Mac OS X 10.8.
All you have to pick your operating system and its version so that you can download the correct file on your computer. Later, you can install it by following the on-screen instructions.
Must Read: How to Connect HP Printer to Mac Wireless
HP ePrint Login Procedure
Once you install HP ePrint printer or HP ePrint Enterprise Server software on your computer, you can then proceed with the HP ePrint login procedure. For that, you can go through the following steps for HP ePrint setup:
- Click on the “Create Account” button.
- Enter the required details such as your name, email address, phone number, password, and country.
- Hit the “Create Account” option This will send you a verification code either on your phone or email address.
- Then, add the code and click the “Verify” button.
- After your account verification, go to the “HP Smart homepage”.
- Type the code and hit the “Add” button.
Note: In case you can’t find your printer, click on the Add a Printer option and enter your code and click Add.
- On the “info” page, type the code and click the “Add” button.
- On the “ePrint Settings” window, enter the “HP ePrint email” address.
- Hit the “Submit” button.
This is the HP ePrint login procedure that you can follow to set up your printer account. Thereafter, you can use these credentials to start print jobs.
Note: To find HP ePrint email address, you can either sign in to ePrintCenter.com and search for the printer’s page to get the email address or you can touch the ePrint ion (on the front panel) to display the printer information including email address.
How to Use HP ePrint?
Now that you have installed and created an account for your printer, you can start using its services. If you are concerned about how to use HP ePrints for sending prints, below are the instructions that can be followed:
- Open the file on your computer that you prefer to be printed.
- Click on the “File” menu located on the top left.
- Choose the “Print” option.
- Click on the “HP ePrint” option using the “PDF drop-down” menu. This will launch the “HP ePrint Software”.
- Now, click on the “Direct” tab. Thereafter, you can wait for the software program to detect the printers.
- Once detected, choose your printer from the available ones.
- Then, adjust the settings for print jobs, for example, a number of copies and pages.
- Select the “Duplex” option if needed.
- Then, hit the “Print” button.
This is how you can send print jobs by using your HP ePrint software. All you have to open a file and print it with the preferred settings.
Learn More about HP ePrint Services
Although you can print photos and documents easily, there are a few things that you should know about this printer. We are providing the supported file types and other HP ePrint services that you can take care of.
- HP ePrint software supports the following services:
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Excel
- File formats such as TXT, BMP, PNG, JPG, TIFF, PDF, and GIF are also supported by HP ePrint software.
- To print, the image file should be 100 DPI at least.
- You can send 10 attachments in one email, however, email attachments should be under 5MB in total size
- Don’t forget to preview your document in Excel before you print it.
- PGP encryption, macro-enabled spreadsheets, and digitally signed documents are not supported by HP ePrint software.
- You cannot print web pages through email by using this ePrint software.
- HP has developed various solutions for web page printing using mobile.
By taking care of the compatible file formats for photos & documents, email attachment size, minimum DPI, you can print successfully using HP ePrint software.
How to Add HP ePrint to Google Cloud Print?
Most users asked if they can add HP ePrint to Google Cloud Print. The answer is yes. Using HP ePrint service, you can print with the same Google Account on the Chromebook.
This can be done on Windows or Mac computers and Mobile phones such as Android and iPhone. Let’s know the procedure of adding HP ePrint to Google Cloud Print on both computers and mobile phones.
Connect to Cloud Print on Windows and Mac
Those who have Windows XP need to install the Microsoft XML paper specification pack. But if you have Windows 10/8 or Mac computer then you can follow these steps to add HP ePrint to Google Cloud Print.
Note: You have to make sure that your computer has Google Chrome installed on it.
- Log in to your computer (Windows or Mac).
- Launch the “Google Chrome” web browser.
- Go to the “Wrench” icon located on the toolbar.
- Click on the “Options”. For Mac, click on “Preferences”.
- Go to the “Under the Hood” tab.
- Scroll down to find the “Google Could Print” section.
- Click on the “Sign in to Google Cloud Print”.
- In the next window, you can log in with your Google Account. This will enable your Google Cloud Printer connector.
- After confirming your action, click on “Finish printer registration”.
Once you are done following these steps, the Google Cloud Print service will be enabled. Thereafter, you can print with the same Google Account on the Chromebook.
Connect to Cloud Print using Phone App
Those who have phone apps can also enable Google Cloud Print service. If you have no idea how to do that, follow these steps instructed below:
- Launch the app on your phone and login into your account.
- Go to the “Food ordering” tab.
- Click on the “Connect to Cloud Print” option.
This is how you can link your Google Account and connect it to Google Cloud Print in a few simple steps.
Learn About HP ePrint App
HP ePrint offers three types of mobile printing apps that deliver smart printing features. By using these apps, anyone can send prints from their mobile. The names of those HP ePrint apps are as follows:
- HP ePrint (Blackberry, iOS, and Android)
- HP ePrint Enterprise (Blackberry, iOS, and Android)
- HP Designjet ePrint and Share
These three apps provide print job features for mobile devices such as Android, iOS, and Blackberry. This is why it is quite simple to send prints through as ePrint delivers services for computing devices.
Apart from this, HP has more combined features for HP ePrint Enterprise, HP ePrint Public Printing locations, and HP ePrint Wireless Direct Printing.
How to Use HP ePrint on Android and iPhone?
As stated above, you will have to use HP ePrint mobile app to send prints. Once your app is downloaded and installed, you can use it to share prints of your documents. Here is how to do it.
- Launch the app.
- Browse your documents and tap on it to preview.
- Then, tap on “Print Setup” to adjust print settings.
- Then send “Print” to the enabled printer.
If you wish to send prints from other apps then you just need to open the document or photos that you wish to print. Then, tap on the Share icon and select the HP ePrint app to get prints. These steps can be followed on both Android and iPhone.
How to Fix When HP ePrint Not Working?
There can be instances when HP ePrint not working and you are unable to print documents. This may happen due to wrong printing settings or network issues. In this scenario, you can perform troubleshooting steps to fix the problem.
For instance, you can check the status of your printer, check print job requirements, ePrint email, or troubleshoot your printer network connection if needed. Let’s go through the following methods and resolve the problem.
Method 1: Check Your Printer Status
If your HP ePrint not working, then the first and foremost method is to check the status of your printer. Probably, your printer is not receiving a proper internet connection. Thus, make sure your printer is powered on and connected to the strong internet. Go through the following steps to check your printer status.
- Power off then on your printer.
- Test printer by printing a page with the local network.
- Web Services should be enabled on your printer. If you have a printer with or without a touchscreen, follow these steps to check if the “Web Services” is enabled.
- A Printer with touchscreen: Tap on the “HP ePrint” icon, go to “Settings”. Alternatively, go to the “Web Services” under the “Wireless Settings” or “Network Setup”.
- A printer without touchscreen: Print a test page to get the IP address then enter it in your web browser to open the “Embedded Web Server”. Then, you can click on the “Web Services” in order to enable this feature.
After making these settings and enabling the webs services on your printer, you can try sending the document to print. If you still failed to print then you can switch to the next method.
Method 2: Check the ePrint Email and Print Job Settings
In this method, you are required to adjust the printer settings. Also, make sure that you use supported formats to send prints.
Method 2.1: Meet the Email Requirements
- In the “To” field, add only one printer’s email address. If you add multiple printer email addresses, the print job will be canceled.
- In the “Subject” field, you need to add the text. This is because the blank subject will not help you to print your documents.
- In one email, do not attach more than 10 items. The size of the total email attachments should be within 10 MB.
Method 2.2: Check if the Attached File is Compatible
- If you are sending photos to print, make sure that the file format should be supported. The printer supports GIF, PNG, BMP, TIFF, and JPG format with 100 pixels of resolution (vertical and horizontal).
- For the documents, the printer supports HTML, PDF, TXT, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft Excel.
Remember: Digitally signed, password-protected documents will not be printed.
Method 2.3: Confirm the Email
- To check the email address, you need to sign in to the HP Smart account.
- Then, go to “My Printers”.
- Under the “ePrint Access”, check your email address if it is correct. If no, then add the correct email address.
Method 2.4: Meet the Print Job Requirements
- By default, your ePrint printer prints one side color printout for the same orientation. The documents print on A4 paper or letter, and the photos print on 4×6 (101.6 x152.4mm).
- If we talk about custom settings, you can sign in to the “HP Smart” account. Then, go to “My Printers”. Then, under the “ePrint Preferences”, you can select the monochrome, plain, or photo paper or two-sided duplex printing options.
Now, you have checked the email requirements, print requirements, supported file formats and adjusted the entire print settings. This should solve your problem. To confirm, you can send prints to your printer.
After following these methods, if your printer is not working then you are required to troubleshoot your network connection. Continue reading the next method.
Method 3: Troubleshoot the Network Connection
In this method, you can check the local network of your printer. If you find any issues with the signal, you can repair it. Here are the following things that you need to keep into consideration.
- Make sure that your printer’s signal is on.
- It should be connected to the same network as the mobile or computer network.
- If your printer has a wireless icon with a blue light on the control panel, make sure it remains on but not in the blinking mode.
- If your HP printer has wireless setup in the control panel (wireless settings or network) menus then you should use that wizard. This will help you to connect your printer to the network.
- Wireless signals can go weaker from distance. Hence, you should make sure that your printer and computer remain close to the wireless router. However, it should not be closer than 1.8 m.
- Try to restart the router.
- Some routers operate frequency bands such as 5.0 GHz and 2.4 GHz. However, not every HP printer supports both the bands. Therefore, you should check your router band settings. Also, make sure that 2.4 GHz is enabled and broadcasting. In case your router broadcasts SSID network for each band then you can connect your printer to 2.4 GHz band SSID.
- Also, check the Firewall software that may prevent your printer from accessing your computer.
- HP printers can bypass the IP address assigned by DHCP. You can use a valid IP address. This can be done on the front panel menu where you can type the IP address for your network.
These methods will surely help you to fix problems. If needed, you can update your printer firmware and check web services status as well. After following these steps, you can try sending a print page to confirm that your printer is working fine.
Those who own HP ePrint printers can now easily set up their printer with their computer and mobile. With the mobile HP ePrint app, you can get prints in just one touch from anywhere.
In this guide, we have learned about HP ePrint setup and its services available for computers (Windows and Mac) and mobile devices (Android and iPhones).
In case your printer fails to send prints then we have also provided a number of solutions. This will help you to fix the minor errors that occur due to local network issues.
Besides using HP ePrint software, you can learn more about HP printer activities and services. Check out the following guides on HP Printer: