How to Fax from Printer HP?
Fax machines have been integral symbols of technology. Sending a fax is one of the surefire ways to ensure your personal information stays in safe hands. And if you run an office, faxing can take your business to the next level.
Surprisingly, the digital breeze of 2020 has brought new faxing trends. Sending a fax using a printer is the new stuff now. For those of you who find fax machines a bit complicated, the good news is that you can send a fax from HP printer with ease. So, are you ready to get more digital this year with the ultimate guide on how to fax from printer HP? In this guide, from setting up fax on HP printers to using HP OfficeJet Pro printers for sending a fax, we will tell you everything.
First, let’s begin with understanding whether your HP printer has fax capability.
Does my HP printer have fax capability?
You’ll be amazed to know that these days several multifunction printers come built with fax capabilities. And if not, there is always an option to add these when you require. Finding out whether your printer allows you to fax is quite simple. Look for a “fax button” on your device. One more way to be sure is to look for a telephone jack on your printer. Certain printers can have more than one telephone jack as well. Having a telephone jack on your printer allows you to connect to a phone line conveniently. The third way to check the fax capability on your printer is by reading the product information. It will be useful to know that commercial grade printers come with a fax kit to extend the functioning.
How to set up fax on HP printer?
Before you learn how to set up fax on HP printer, you should know the things you’ll need.
Once you are sure that you can send a fax using your printer, the next step is to understand the HP printer essentials for faxing. If you are trying to send wireless fax through your HP printer, you will need a wireless network card. This is especially true when you own one of the latest models of HP printers. The former versions are not supportive of wireless networks. These need either an ethernet cable or a phone connection to send a fax.
(So, if that’s the case with you too, we will recommend you to scan the documents via your HP printer and then fax using a good alternative.)
Steps to setup fax on my HP printer?
Setting up fax on HP printer is an easy job. If the fax setup is already prepared, great! If not, we’re here to tell you how to set up fax on HP printer.
1. To prepare your printer for faxing, connect the phone cord you received with your printer to the phone wall jack and 1-LINE jack located on the back of the printer. You can also connect it to an answering machine through the 2-EXT jack.
2. In the HP software tool, you will find the “Fax Setup Wizard” in Windows and the “Basic Fax Settings” tool for Mac.
3. Enter text in the fax header, typically, your name, your organization’s name, and the 10-digit fax telephone number. These will appear on the top.
4. Now, set the ring type for your fax line.
5. Next, match the dial type to enable your HP printer to recognize rings and incoming calls.
6. Then select the volume levels for dial tones and busy signals or you can also turn the volume off.
7. The set up is now complete.
Should the phone line be really attached to the HP printer for faxing?
Well, having a phone line attached to your HP printer will be best for this purpose. You can also go for
other things that will act like a phone line, such as those devices that turn a network port into a phone line. Another alternative would be an eFax Subscription to use the internet for sending a fax.
How do I test fax set up?
Before we tell you how to fax wirelessly from HP printer , let’s test the fax setup once.
1. Go to the control panel of your HP printer.
2. Next, hit the right arrow on the control panel to select “Setup”
3. Now, select “Tools”.
4. The next step is to select “Run Fax Test”. You can view the status of the test on your printer display.
5. A report will be printed for your review.
Just in case you receive a faulty fax, something in the settings is probably not right. Review the fax settings to check what’s causing the glitch.
Note: Ensure that the ink cartridges have been installed properly. Also, be certain that you have loaded full-size paper in the input tray of your HP printer.
How to fax wirelessly from HP printer?
Learn how to fax wirelessly from HP printer in these 5 quick steps:
1. Firstly, see to it that your computer as well as HP printer are working on the same network.
2. Now, place the document to be faxed in the fax tray. Also, add a cover page for the receiver to identify the document.
3. Next, select “Fax” from the settings.
4. Enter the number you wish to send the fax to.
5. Now, on pressing “Start”, your HP printer will scan the document and send it through the wireless network.
Note: In case your HP printer lacks the fax tray, we will suggest you to scan all the pages of the document to be able to send fax.
How do I send fax using the document feeder?
To send a fax using the document feeder, follow these simple steps:
1. Make sure that the fax sending feature has been added to your HP Printer.
2. Next, put the document you want to fax in the document feeder.
3. Now, dial the number you wish to send this fax to.
3. To go ahead, press the send button.
4. Your HP printer will establish a connection with the receiving fax machine.
5. On the successful establishing of this connection, the fax will be transmitted.
How do I send fax using the print driver?
Have a look at these steps to send a fax using your print driver:
1. Go to the print dialog box.
2. You’ll find a print driver listed as “Fax”. Select it.
3. Now, mention the fax number in the required field and click “Send”.
4. Your fax will be relayed to the mentioned fax number.
How to fax from HP Officejet Pro 8610, 8620, & 8630?
Do you know what they say? That you’re among the luckiest when you can have your hands on HP OfficeJet Pro printers! While you enjoy that feeling, we’ll tell you the two options to send a fax through these.
1. Using computer to send a fax from HP OfficeJet Pro 8610, 8620, and 8630:
- The basic step is to make sure that HP software and drivers have been installed and a phone line is connected to 1-LINE port on your HP printer.
- Next, open the document you want to send via fax.
- Select the option “File” and then “Print”.
- Switch the printer to the option “Fax – HP OfficeJet Pro 8610/8620/8630”.
- Next, find the option of “OK” or “Print”.
- Enter the number of the receiving end and hit “Send Fax”.
2. Using printer to send a fax from HP OfficeJet Pro 8610, 8620, and 8630:
- A phone line needs to be connected to the port 1-LINE on your HP printer.
- Set the document you want to fax in the document feeder. The side to be printed must be kept on the glass of your HP printer.
- The next step is to choose “Fax” as visible on display.
- Now, you will be asked to select between “Colour” or “Black”. Choose either one of these.
- Mention the number the document is to be faxed to and then press “Send”.
- Note: If there is no document in the document feeder, you can choose the option “Fax from the scanner glass”.
How to send a fax from HP Officejet 8600 and 8600 plus?
Here you will find steps to send a fax using HP OfficeJet 8600 and 8600 plus for Windows and Mac OS X.
1. On your computer, open the document you want to fax.
2. Then click “Print” in the “File” menu of the software application.
3. Go to the “Name” list and choose the printer with “Fax” in its name.
4. The next step is to select whether you want to send the document as a colour fax or a black one. For that, go to “Printer properties”. Different kinds of software may have this option under the names “Properties”, “Preferences”, “Options” or “Printer setup”.
5. After finalizing the colour, the next step is to click “OK” or “Print”.
6. Now, enter the fax number and click “Send fax”.
For Mac OS X:
1. The initial step is to open the document to be faxed on your computer.
2. Visit the “File” menu and hit “Print”.
3. Find and choose the printer with “Fax” in its name.
4. In the pop-up menu, you will see “Fax Information”. If you see no pop-up menu, locate the “Printer selection” and click the disclosure triangle.
5. To choose the fax colour, go to “Fax options” in the pop-up menu and click “Colour”.
6. Next, put in the fax number in the box and finally tap “Fax”.
Pro Tip: You can always change the resolution and contrast of the document you faxed in case the receiver finds flaws in the quality of the document. And of course, you will need the printer driver software for this.
How do I send fax manually from an extension phone?
Follow these simple steps to send a fax manually using an extension phone:
1. Load the document with the print side facing towards the glass.
2. Press “Fax”.
3. Use the phone’s keypad to fill in the number of the receiving end.
4. Select the colour you want to send the fax in.
5. Lastly, press “Send” to transmit the fax.
Note: When you are sending a fax manually from an extension phone, refrain from using the keypad of the HP printer’s control panel to dial the receiver’s number. Also, if you are speaking to the receiver at the time of sending the fax, do tell the person to hit “Start” once the fax tones are heard.
How do I schedule fax from the HP printer control panel?
None can deny that scheduling faxes has introduced a new level of convenience! Learn how you can do it too in 6 easy steps.
1. Load the original document.
2. Press “Fax” and then go to “Fax settings” or “Fax options”.
3. Head on to press “Send fax later”.
4. Use the numeric keypad to schedule the time and select “Done”.
5. Provide the fax number. You can also go to “Speed dial” or “Call history” to select a number.
6. The final step is to press “Start fax”.
Your HP printer will scan the pages of the document. Once scanned, you will be able to see the scheduled time on display.
How do I cancel a scheduled fax?
Life gives you a second chance and so does your HP printer. So, If you err in scheduling the fax, you’ll always have the option to cancel and do it again. Just follow these steps:
1. Press “Send fax later” on the display.
2. You can also go to “Fax” and then select “Fax options” or “Fax settings”.
3. There you will find the option “Cancel scheduled fax”.
4. Press “Cancel scheduled fax” and then reschedule it.
Gotcha! And how can I receive fax?
By now, you’ll be surely flooded with so much useful information on how to fax from printer HP . Wouldn’t it be a great idea to know how you can receive a fax as well? You’ll love to know that your HP printer is smart. It can automatically receive and print the fax too.
Note: See to it that your HP printer has sheets added as well as the ink or else the fax will remain in the memory.
Bonus for beloved readers!
For those of you who have come this far, we have an awesome piece of information. We’re willing to tell you about the Error Correction Mode or ECM.
This is an optional transmission mode that can be greatly useful while sending a fax. Sometimes, when you use a poor phone line, loss of data may occur during the transmission. ECM will help you detect errors. Here is how to use it:
1. Go to the home screen and tap the right arrow.
2. Now, select “Setup”.
3. Go to “Fax setup” and choose “Advanced fax setup”.
4. Select the “Error Correction Mode” and turn it on.
We hope now you know how to send a fax from HP printer. We’re sure you’ll fax like a pro. However, if you are facing any other printer related issues, then you can count on us for help. Is your HP printer offline? Or are you wondering how to change ink in HP printer? We are the experts of everything related to HP printers.