HP printer users worldwide may be having this “Where to find WPS pin on HP printer?” question in their mind. If you are also one of those users who doesn’t know how to find WPS pin on HP printer, then this article will be really helpful for you. We will tell you everything regarding the WPS pin on the HP printer and the required steps to find it. So, let’s get started. The method mentioned in this article will work for the following HP printer models:
|HP Envy Printer||HP Laserjet P1102W|
|HP Officejet 4650||HP Deskjet 3700|
|HP Printer 3830||HP Photosmart|
The WPS pin on the HP printer is used to establish a secure connection with any other available device. Most of the HP printers in today’s world use the technology of wireless connectivity to connect with a device and accept commands to print. The users can give print commands through their personal devices without any hassle, print documents on the go while sitting at the comfort of their homes or offices. To use this wireless connectivity feature of the HP printer, you just need to connect your device with the help of the WPS PIN code and then give print commands as much as you want to.
What is a WPS pin?
Before moving ahead with the detailed answer to this “Where to find WPS pin on HP printer?” question, we must understand what is a WPS pin?
The full form of WPS is “WI-Fi Protected Setup”, it is used to establish a secure wireless connection between a printer and a device. Through a WPS pin, you can establish connections without any problem. The WPS feature can only be used with those wireless networks that are encrypted through a WPA or WPA2 personal security protocol. You may find a WPS button on the router that can also be used to establish a secure connection between a printer and a device.
Mainly, there are two types of WPS connections available that you can use to connect your HP printer with a personal device:
- WPS Button
- WPS Pin
Connecting HP printer by using the WPS Button
Follow these simple below-mentioned steps and connect your HP printer to your personal device through the use of WPS Button.
- Step 1- Firstly, you need to go to the control panel of your HP printer and then you must press the “Wireless” or the “Settings” button. Now, you will notice a blinking blue light.
- Step 2- Move towards the “Wi-Fi Protected Setup” option and then simply follow the further on-screen instructions.
- Step 3- Now, you need to select the option of “WPS Button”. As soon as you select “WPS Button”, the HP printer will ask for pressing the WPS button that is located on the wireless router.
- Step 4- After you press the WPS button on your wireless router, you need to move towards your printer and then press the continue button for establishing a secured wireless connection.
- Step 5- You don’t need to do anything now, the connection will be established and you can give print commands through your personal device.
Connecting HP Printer by using the WPS PIN
Now, the below-mentioned steps will help you connect your HP printer to your device by using the WPS PIN and you will also know the procedure to find WPS PIN on HP printer.
- Step 1- Firstly, you need to go to the control panel of your HP printer, then press the “Wireless” button and then “Settings” button.
- Step 2- Now, tap on the option reading as “Wi-Fi Protected Setup” and then carefully follow all the on-screen instructions.
- Step 3- You will now see the option of WPS PIN, simply tap on it and now the WPS PIN will be displayed on the screen.
- Step 4- You need to access the configuration utility tool/software for the wireless access point or wireless router and then input the WPS PIN in the respective field.
- Step 5- After you complete the setup process, go to the All programs and then open the HP printer folder. Now, go to the option of “Printer setup and software” and then select the option of “Connect a new printer”. So, this is how a user can install the Network printer driver without any problem.
We hope that now you have understood where to find WPS PIN on HP printers after going through our aforementioned detailed article. But if you are still not able to find the WPS PIN of your HP printer, then do let us know with the help of live chat support. We have a trained technical team that is available 24*7 for you. Our team is capable of providing you with all the proper solutions to the problems/issues that you may face with your HP printer.
Apart from this article, we have also covered a detailed guide explaining the solutions for the more HP printer related issues/errors such as HP Printer Offline Issue and the HP Printer Says Paper Out.