How To Connect My HP Printer To WiFi Router & Wireless Network?
To connect a HP printer to a network, you need to have a secure WPS. WPS is a Wi-Fi Protected Setup. It is a secure network that has two means to establish a connection between the devices through a wireless connection. The first option is known as the Pushbutton, while the other option is known as thePIN. The Pushbutton is one of the easiest methods of establishing a secure connection.
In this article, you will get to know how to establish a secure connection via WPS push button method. You can read about the instruction on starting the WPS for your printer in your manual. Here are some instructions that are to be followed strictly to meet the requirements if you are using the first method i.e. WPS Push button method to establish a connection.
- Your printer, as well as the wireless router must support the WPS push button method. You can check that by going through your HP printer manual and the manual for the wireless router.
- The WPS Push button should be actually present on your wireless router.
- WPA or WPA2 security should be used by your network. Generally, the WPS wireless routers do not use the WPS method if WEP or no proper security option is used for establishing a connection.
- The manufacturer’s default setting has no security, so if you are using it for establishing a connection then there are chances that your WPS wireless router will not establish a connection via WPS method.
Steps to connect your wireless HP printer to your wireless router via WPS:
- Enable the WPS push button method for your printer.
- Carefully read your printer manual.
- After 2 minutes of pressing the WPS button present on your router, your connection will be established.
What is Wireless Setup Wizard?
The Wireless Setup Wizard application is present in the Control Panel window. From Control Panel, you need to browse for the Printer option, to access this application. It is only applicable for those printers with the touch display.
Not down your login credentials i.e. network name and its password.
From the printer’s Control Panel, click on the Network menu. You can also touch the wireless icon and open the settings option.
- Click on the Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Choose your wireless network’s name from the list that is opened on your screen.
- If you are unable to locate your connection then you will have to manually enter it.
- After entering your WEP key or your WPA passphrase.
With the steps in this article, you can successfully establish a secure WPS connection for your HP wireless printer. If you have any doubt and query regarding the HP printer or the solution in this article, kindly reach out to errordocs.com for assistance. They will immediately come to your aid and help you resolve your issue in the minimal wait of time. To contact them, give a call on their toll-free helpline number 1-844-851-9487. They provide 24*7 services across the globe.