Does that happen with you while printing a document when your HP printer says out of paper, even though there were sufficient papers loaded inside the input tray? There could be many reasons behind this. Some are outdated firmware, mechanical problems with the paper tray and a lot more. In this article, we will discuss the root cause as well as the solutions to fix the ‘HP printer out of paper error’.
So What Causes The HP Printer Says Out Of Photo Paper When It’s Not?
Before jumping on the solution, let us discuss why your HP printer’s Control Panel display screen pops up an HP printer out of paper error message despite having enough paper loaded in the input tray. Let us discuss what are the prime reasons for paper feed issues:
- It could be your HP printer’s paper feed roller which is choked with dust and paper debris.
- It could be an outdated HP printer driver on which you are relied upon for everyday functioning.
- It could be a low-quality paper that makes the edges curl because enough moisture has been absorbed by it.
- It could be your HP printer having a compatibility issue with Windows or any other operating systems.
- It could be the pending print jobs that stuck on the printer’s queue.
- It could be your print spooler which is due for troubleshooting.
4 Solutions to Solve HP Printer Out Of Paper Error
To solve ‘HP printer says out of paper’ problems, you can rely on multiple solutions we have compiled for you. Please have a look!
Review the condition of the print sheet before loading them
Make sure that you check the quality of the paper. If you are using the low-quality paper, it might lift the sheet or create curls at the edges, which could create hurdles while printing. For instance, any low-quality A4 size paper absorbs a lot of moisture that affects the way the printer picks paper. In such cases so the following :
- Always ensure that you are using the sheets of the same size and type.
- Unload the stack of paper from the tray to examine if there are any torn or curls at the edges to avoid any damages.
- Equally, align the stack of the paper from its edges and center to create a uniform bundle to it. Tap on a flat surface for an alignment.
- Always put not more than 25 sheets inside the input tray while printing. Always align the paper into the tray uniformly.
- Always use a good quality of papers to ensure better functionality of the printer.
- Try to print the test page. If the HP printer out of paper error still persists, try another solution mentioned below.
Clean the Paper Feed Rollers
Paper feed rollers are the rubbers rollers that maintain the grip to hold the paper inside the printer. Basically, it pulls the paper through the printer. Every paper inside the printer contains traces of paper dust on it. Every time a sheet is fed through, a little paper dust gets on the roller. Over time, the roller accumulates dust that makes it slippery. This can’t hold the paper well. This is why HP printer says out of paper. Secondly, it makes the paper feed rollers dirty, thus every paper will also come out dirty. This to avoid paper jams and clean the paper rolls, follow these steps :
- Turn off the printer and detach the power cord. Also, remove the stack of sheets from the HP printer’s input tray.
- Open the printer’s access cover and identify the paper rollers as they are made of rubber material. They are, usually, black or grey in color.
- Clean the roller using a clean cloth with distilled water.
- Wait for the roller to get dry completely. Do not use any compressed air or hair dryer to expedite the drying process.
- Place the stack of paper into the input tray and turn the printer now.
- Wait for the printer to get in idle and silent mode.
- Try to test a print page and if you still have the paper feed problem try to replace the rollers.
Also, you can look for another solution mentioned below, to fix the HP printer out of paper error.
Check the functioning of Print Spooler
One of the reasons why your HP printer says out of paper is maybe the print spooler service is not functioning. All you need to do is to check the spooler configuration by following these steps :
- Launch the run application by pressing the Windows and R keys together. Type ‘services.msc’ and press Enter.
- A window will appear by the name Services. In the list scroll down to find Print Spooler. Check if the Service status is shown as Started.
- If the Service status is shown as ‘Stopped’, right-click on the Print Spooler to launch its Properties. Change the Service status by clicking on the Start button.
- Click on Apply and then OK to save the changes.
- Try to print a test page. If the HP printer out of paper error still persists, proceed to the next step.
Try to Reset The Printer
Excess usage of the printer affects the functioning of the printer thus often leads to HP printer out of paper error. To solve this issue, try to restart the printer :
- Turn off the device and detach all the cables associated with it.
- Wait for 30seconds and then plug the power cable
- Turn on the printer to complete the process.
To help you further, we have drafted certain models for your references to see if your printer falls in this list or not. If your printer does not fall in this list, still these solutions are still relevant for any user who operates any HP printer in their day to day life.
|HP Officejet Pro 8610||HP Officejet 4200||HP Officejet 4500||HP Officejet 6500|
|HP Officejet 6600||HP Officejet Pro 8620||HP Envy 5540||HP Envy 4500|
|HP Photosmart C4280||HP Photosmart C4680||HP C4680||HP C4780|
|HP Laserjet||HP Deskjet F300||HP Deskjet F380||HP Laserjet 1020|
If you still continue to experience the ‘HP printer says out of paper’ issue, give us a callback and our technical experts leave no stone unturned to resolve your issue. You can also chat with us by visiting our website. Our pool of technical experts will help you with a range of solutions from HP printer offline issues to HP printer not responding issues and many more. Feel free to reach us anytime and we will prompt in answering all your queries.