Epson printers are popular among users across the globe for quality and reliability. However, oftentimes, users find their Epson printer printing blank pages. This is a cause for concern for any user as it halts the printing of documents. On a business day, this can affect one’s productivity. Even if you operate it for your personal use, not being able to use your printer in your desired manner is something which should worry you.
The problem can appear in your printer at any point in time. As is the case with other users of Epson printers, you might wonder why your printer has started acting up all of a sudden. You need to get to the bottom of this matter to find out more about the issue. There can be a host of possible factors due to which your Epson printer is printing blank pages or not printing properly. This is a common problem with Epson printers. Sometimes it can occur due to the installation of a new cartridge. Or, it may be a sign that your existing cartridge has got out of order and that you need to replace it with a new one. Plus, you also cannot write off any hardware or software problem in your printer. An issue with the hardware or software of your printer can also be the culprit.
Read on to know more about these factors and the steps that you can undertake to resolve the issue, depending on its cause.
The contents of this blog can be viewed here.
- Why My Epson Printer is Printing Blank Pages?
- Things to Check Before Fixing Your Epson Printer
- How to Fix Epson Printing Blank Pages on XP 410, XP 440, XP 400, XP 420?
- Fix 1 – Check for Empty Cartridge
- Fix 2 – Disconnected Cartridge
- Fix 3 – Incompatible Paper Size
- Fix 4 – Clogged Nozzles
- Fix 5 – Update the Printer Driver
- Fix 6: Make Changes to Printing Preferences
- Option 1: Changing Printing Preferences on Windows Vista
- Option 2: Making Changes to Printing Preferences on Windows 7
- Option 3: Editing Printing Preferences on Windows 8
- Option 4: Changing the Printing Preferences on Windows 10
- Option 5: Editing the Printing Preferences on Mac
- Fix 7: Clean Your Printer’s Clogged Nozzles
- Fix 8: Restart Your Epson Printer
- Fix 9: Manually Unclog Your Device’s Printhead
- Fix 10: Try Changing the Software
Why My Epson Printer is Printing Blank Pages?
Printers of Epson printing blank pages is a common problem. To understand the problem, its causes have been defined below:
- The ink cartridges may be low or empty.
- The paper size you are using for printing the documents may be incorrect.
- While installing the cartridge, some problems may have occurred or the installation may not have been correctly done.
- The software installed for your printer may be problematic.
- The nozzles of your Epson printer may be clogged.
- It is possible that you may not have installed the printer drivers in a proper way.
- Your device may have been left unused for a long time. Thus, the ink nozzle may have dried up.
These are some of the possible causes that could be behind the issue. Unless you perform some steps to diagnose the actual problem, it would be next to impossible to determine the exact cause for such unusual functioning of your printer. For diagnosing the issue as well as fixing it, you will be suggested to read more.
Things to Check Before Fixing Your Epson Printer
Here are certain things that you should ensure prior to fixing an Epson printer that is printing blank pages.
- Your printer should remain on a flat and smooth surface.
- Inspect the ink cartridges.
- Check the printing paper’s size.
- Ensure that the printed document contains no blank pages.
- See to it that the layout settings and orientation are right in the software.
How to Fix Epson Printing Blank Pages on XP 410, XP 440, XP 400, XP 420?
Epson XP 440 is an efficient printer that can get affected due to certain causes and start producing blank pages. Just like this device, other models such as Epson XP 400, Epson XP 410, Epson XP 420, Epson XP 430, etc., can also receive this error. Should you like to deal with the problem of Epson printers just printing blank pages on these models, you can implement various fixes like the ones mentioned below. Some of these fixes will be about checking your device’s ink cartridge, using the correct size of printing paper, cleaning the clogged nozzles, inspecting the printer drivers, etc.
Fix 1 – Check for Empty Cartridge
In case the cartridge of your printer is empty, blank printed pages can be the outcome. At times, you may leave it empty by mistake. At other times, the ink levels may not be sufficient. So, as the first step to identifying the issue, check if this is the exact reason behind the abnormal functioning of your printer.
You can remove the ink cartridges and look for damages, if any. Replace the faulty units, in case required. Also, check that the cartridges have been correctly seated. If not, then install them in the proper way.
Fix 2 – Disconnected Cartridge
You may also get blank pages instead of prints as the output from your printer may have a disconnected cartridge. More often than not, it happens that your cartridge is disconnected or not connected to your printer electronically.
As and when you figure out this issue, the next thing you should consider doing is reinstalling the cartridge. After reinstallation, do not forget to check if all is well with it. Your best bet to determine this is to take some test prints. Hopefully, the issue of Epson XP 420 printing blank pages should stop occurring.
As and when you figure out this issue, the next thing you should consider to do is reinstalling the cartridge. After reinstallation, do not forget to check if all is well with it. Your best bet to determine this is to take some test prints.
Fix 3 – Incompatible Paper Size
To avoid printing issues with your Epson printer, it is necessary to ensure that you have chosen the right in-program paper size. If you have changed it by mistake, then setting it back to the usual size by tweaking the settings a little can help you in resolving the issue.
Fix 4 – Clogged Nozzles
Clogged nozzles constitute one of the primary reasons for printing problems not only in the case of Epson printers but printers of all brands around the world. This can happen due to irregular or infrequent use of your printer. When you do not use your printer regularly, you put its ink at the risk of hardening which can then block the nozzles of your device.
As a part of solving the problem, consider using the “print head nozzle check” feature to prevent this issue. This step will restore the normal flow of ink, clear up the clogged nozzles and resolve the blank paper printer issue in your Epson printer.
In addition to that, also ensure that no protective tape is surrounding your device’s printhead. In case the cartridge needs a replacement, make no delay in doing the needful.
Fix 5 – Update the Printer Driver
An obsolete printer driver is one of the leading causes of print issues in printers. Your Epson printer may not be an exception to this. If you wish to keep this problem from affecting your printer, it is imperative that you keep an eye out for the printer driver updates and update it from time to time. You can get the necessary updates by visiting the site of Epson. Based on the model you own, you can download them.
- Go to the official site of Epson.
- Look for your device’s model.
- Considering the model, select the drivers and press “Download”.
After downloading the drivers, ensure whether or not the problem of Epson XP 400 printing blank pages resolved
Tip: In case this too does not fix the issue with your Epson printer, you can uninstall the printer driver. Later, you can install it again.
Fix 6: Make Changes to Printing Preferences
As the experts at fixing the issue of printing blank pages, we will suggest that you enter the printing preferences and ensure that the option of Skip Blank Page has been selected. If not, then you can make the necessary change to prevent the problem on your Epson device.
Below, we have explained how you can change the preferences on Windows Vista/7/8/10 and Mac.
Option 1: Changing Printing Preferences on Windows Vista
For changing the Printing Preferences on Windows Vista, you can move to the Extended Settings from the Control Panel and choose the Skip Blank Page option. More details can be found below:
- Visit “Control Panel”.
- Click on “Printer” below the option of “Hardware and Sound”/”Printers”.
- Go to “Printing Preferences” by right-tapping on the printer you own.
- Tap on “Maintenance”
- Enter “Extended Settings”.
- Ensure that “Skip Blank Page” is selected.
- Select “Ok”.
Option 2: Making Changes to Printing Preferences on Windows 7
In case your Epson printer is printing blank pages on Windows 7, you can go to Devices and Printers and right-click on the Epson device for finding the Printing Preferences. From there, you can make the necessary changes.
- Open “Devices and Printers”.
- Right-tap on your Epson printer.
- Opt for “Printing Preferences”.
- Click on the “Maintenance” option.
- Move to “Extended Settings”.
- Locate “Skip Blank Page” and select it.
- Press “Ok”.
Option 3: Editing Printing Preferences on Windows 8
The users of Windows 8 can find the Printing Preferences by visiting the Control Panel. Here, the Hardware and Sound options have to be picked along with Devices and Printers. As you right-click on the suitable printer, the preferences will be found.
- From the screen of “Apps”, click on “Control Panel”.
- Pick “Hardware and Sound”.
- Choose “Devices and Printers”.
- Right-tap on Epson printer for entering “Printing Preferences”.
- Go to “Maintenance”.
- Choose the option of “Extended Settings”.
- Pick the “Skip Blank Page” option.
- Tap on “Ok”.
Option 4: Changing the Printing Preferences on Windows 10
For issues like Epson XP 410 printing blank pages on Windows 10, you can ensure that the option of Skip Blank Page has been opted. To check the same, you can find your device in the Settings. Then you can right-tap on it to find the preferences.
- Go to “Settings”.
- Select “Devices”.
- Choose “Printers & Scanners”.
- Pick your Epson printer.
- Click on “Manage”.
- Open “Printing Preferences”.
- Select “Maintenance”.
- Tap on “Extended Settings”.
- Opt for “Skip Blank Page”.
- Press “Ok”.
Option 5: Editing the Printing Preferences on Mac
In case you’re using Mac and your Epson printer keeps producing blank pages, you can skip the problem by entering the System Preferences. Here, you can opt for Print & Scan. Then after selecting Print & Fax, you can move to Printers & Scanners. Soon, you will reach the option for turning off Skip Blank Page. This should help in fixing the issue with your Epson printer on Mac.
- Opt for “System Preferences” from the menu.
- Click on “Print & Scan”.
- Choose “Print & Fax”.
- Select “Printers & Scanners”.
- After specifying the product, go to “Options & Supplies”.
- Click on “Driver”/”Options”.
- Enable “Skip Blank Page”.
- Lastly, press “Ok”.
Fix 7: Clean Your Printer’s Clogged Nozzles
When the devices of Epson are printing blank pages, the problem may lie within the nozzles. They may be clogged and would require you to clean them. For doing so, you can move to Maintenance by pressing the Home button. You can print a sample page to ensure whether or not the nozzles are clogged or dirty. In case you find them in an unlikely position, you can initiate the cleaning process.
- On your device, push “Home”.
- Choose “Setup”.
- Select the option of “Maintenance”.
- Ensure that “Check Printhead Nozzle” is opted.
- A document will be printed for checking the nozzles. If you find that the nozzles are dirty or blocked, the printed page will not be clear. Run the process to clean them. Pick the “Clean the Printhead” option for the purpose.
Tip: Avoid turning off your printer while the cleaning process is running.
Fix 8: Restart Your Epson Printer
In this fix, we will suggest you to restart your Epson printer for eliminating any minor issues that may be causing it to print blank pages. For restarting it, you can first push Power and then remove the cables and power plug for 3 minutes. Later, you can connect the cables and the plug to start it over.
- Tap the “Power” key.
- Let your printer completely shut down.
- Remove its power plug for 3 minutes.
- Now, attach the power plug as well as other cables.
- Turn on the device.
- Lastly, ensure that the printing blank pages Epson problem has been settled.
Fix 9: Manually Unclog Your Device’s Printhead
The printhead of the device may be having ink stains or it may be clogged. You can manually clean it by taking out the printhead and wiping off the stains using a clean piece of cloth. After cleaning as well as air-drying it, you can print a page to ensure whether or not it is blank.
More details about cleaning the printhead of Epson printers can be found as follows:
- Ace it has been cleaned, you can print a pageccess the carriage of the cartridge.
- Remove every cartridge in a safe manner.
- Now, remove the printhead.
- Get a lint-free and clean cloth. Make it damp using warm water. Then wipe away the dried ink from the device’s printhead.
- Ensure that the nozzle area is fully clean.
- Now, dip the printhead in warm water. Do this for at least 10 minutes.
- Add a fresh paper towel to the printhead’s base when it is soaking.
- Now, remove the printhead from the water bowl and wipe it till it is dry.
- Keeping it on the paper towel, let the printhead air-dry for at least 15 minutes.
- Install it again in your device along with the device.
- Now, run the process of nozzle check to ensure that the printhead is not clogged or stained any longer.
Tip: In case the blank pages are still being printed, you can soak your device’s printhead for 2 to 3 hours or you can keep it soaked overnight.
Fix 10: Try Changing the Software
Another way to learn how you can fix an Epson printer that is printing blank pages is by trying any other software for printing your images, documents or files. Should you suspect that the issue is arising only when you are using a particular software for printing purposes, you can install another one and then try printing via it.
Epson Printer Models Compatible with Above Solutions
These solutions can be used for the following Epson printer models.
|Epson 310 Printer||Epson 400 Printer||Epson 410 Printer||Epson 420 Printer||Epson 430 Printer|
|Epson 446 Printer||Epson 1430 Printer||Epson 2530 Printer||Epson 2540 Printer||Epson 2650 Printer|
|Epson 3620 Printer||Epson 3640 Printer||Epson 4630 Printer|
You can use the solutions given in this blog for the following models of the Epson ET Printer series.
|Epson ET 2550 Printer||Epson ET 2650 Printer||Epson ET 2750 Printer||Epson ET 3750 Printer||Epson ET 4750 Printer|
These solutions will also be helpful for these models of the Epson WF Printer series.
|Epson WF 545 Printer||Epson WF 600 Printer||Epson WF 610 Printer||Epson WF 2530 Printer||Epson WF 2540 Printer|
|Epson WF 2630 Printer||Epson WF 2650 Printer||Epson WF 2660 Printer||Epson WF 2750 Printer||Epson WF 2760 Printer|
|Epson WF 3520 Printer||Epson WF 3540 Printer||Epson WF 3620 Printer||Epson WF 3640 Printer||Epson WF 4630 Printer|
|Epson WF 7610 Printer||Epson WF 7620 Printer||Epson WF 7710 Printer|
You can use the solutions provided in this blog to fix the problem on the following models of the Epson XP Printer series.
|Epson XP 200 Printer||Epson XP 245 Printer||Epson XP 300 Printer||Epson XP 310 Printer||Epson XP 320 Printer|
|Epson XP 330 Printer||Epson XP 340 Printer||Epson XP 400 Printer||Epson XP 410 Printer||Epson XP 420 Printer|
|Epson XP 424 Printer||Epson XP 430 Printer||Epson XP 434 Printer||Epson XP 440 Printer||Epson XP 800 Printer|
|Epson XP 600 Printer||Epson XP 6000 Printer|
These solutions can also be effective for the other Epson printer models. These models have been shown in the table given below.
|Epson CX4800 Printer||Epson L120 Printer||Epson L210 Printer||Epson L220 Printer||Epson L355 Printer|
|Epson L360 Printer||Epson L380 Printer||Epson M100 Printer||Epson M105 Printer||Epson M200 Printer|
|Epson Stylus NX230 Printer||Epson Stylus NX420 Printer||Epson Stylus NX430 Printer|
Let Us Conclude
In this blog, we learnt several fixes to troubleshoot your Epson printer when it prints blank pages. We hope after using these fixes, your Epson printer will not print blank pages anymore. In case the problem does not seem to go away, there could be any other technical problem with your device. We will suggest you to check your Epson printer for any other technical errors. In addition, you will be recommended to ensure that the fixes were correctly administered on your device.
We are the experts in troubleshooting multiple kinds of problems with printers such as Epson error code 0x97 and Epson printer offline. Keep reading our blogs to learn more fixes for Epson printer errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
To read more about this topic, the following FAQs will be useful:
Your Epson XP 410 Printer may be having low ink levels. Or the toner of the device may be faulty. In case the printing paper is not of the right size, then too the device may be giving you the output of blank pages.
You can inspect that its cartridge has enough ink. In addition, you can try resetting the printer, unclogging the nozzles and printhead as well as updating its drivers.
You can ensure that the parts of your Epson XP 430 Printer are clean. Afterwards, you can ensure that the printing preferences are correct. Additionally, you can try changing the printing software.