“Help! My HP printer is printing blank pages.” It would not be wrong to say that a lot of you run for the best solutions to fix this problem. But how many times do you actually find the solutions that work? Our solutions to fix this HP printer printing problem can definitely be trusted. Founded by the experts, our guide to HP printer printing blank pages guarantees you the best solutions to fix the problem in no time.
Let’s begin the informative tour!
6 Causes: Why is HP printer printing blank pages
There are 6 known causes of HP printer that printing blank pages. These include:
1. Incorrect Size of Printing Paper:
Your device will give you a blank output when the printing paper’s size is not correct. The manual of your HP printer will tell you the right size of the printing paper.
2. Clogging of Nozzles:
The nozzles of your HP printer can get clogged when the ink dries up. Cleaning the nozzles will be an excellent idea for escaping why is my HP printer printing blank pages
3. Issues with Software:
In many instances, it has been observed that your HP printer will give you a blank output when the printer software has problems
4. No Ink in Cartridge:
It is easy to guess that an empty cartridge will never help you print anything but blank pages. That is why checking the ink levels from time to time can help ensure that your printing work never stops.
5. Not Installing the Cartridge Properly:
When the ink cartridges have not been installed properly in your HP printer, the device is likely to print blank pages or not print at all. Further, your device can also get damaged.
6. Corrupt/Outdated Printer Driver:
If your HP printer keeps printing blank pages, then a faulty printer driver could be the culprit as well.
How to Fix HP Printer that Prints Blank Pages?
Learning the causes of my HP printer is printing blank pages will have improved your understanding of the issue. Now, we will help you learn how you can solve this problem. Our solutions are quick and easy. Follow the steps provided for each of these 13 solutions and get back to printing in less time.
Fix 1 – Use Original HP Cartridges
HP has recommended that you use original HP ink and other supplies for printing. Genuine ink cartridges cause no damage to the device, reduce the possibility of printing errors, and offer longevity of usage as well. If your printer has ink but prints blank pages HP, then go with the next step.
Fix 2 – Check Ink Levels in HP Printer
Verify the ink levels in your HP printer to see if this is causing a problem. When the ink cartridge is empty, printing will come to a halt. Follow the 4 steps given below to check the ink levels in your HP printer.
1. Put the plain colourless paper in the “Paper tray”.
2. Press the button next to the setup icon in the “Control panel”.
3. Go to the “Tools” option and press “Ok”.
4. Choose the “Estimated Ink Levels” and press “Ok”.
In case the ink levels are really low, you will require new ink cartridges.
Fix 3 – Change the Ink Cartridges
For the HP printer keeps printing blank pages error, changing the old cartridges with the new HP cartridges can be helpful. Look at the following 6-step procedure to perform this solution.
1. Start the procedure when your printer is silent & idle. Remove the cartridge from the printer by opening the “Cartridge door”.
2. “Contacts” and “Nozzles” are not to be disturbed.
3. “Plastic tape” is to be removed.
4. Put the new “HP cartridges” in the printer.
5. Put the plain colourless paper in the “Input paper tray”.
6. Turn on the HP printer by pressing the “Power” button.
Fix 4 – Align Your HP Printer
When your HP printer only prints blank pages, aligning the device will be an interesting solution. You can align your HP printer in just 6 steps.
1. Turn on the HP printer when you are loading the papers for printing.
2. Press the button next to the setup icon in the “Control panel”.
3. Go to the “Tools” section and press “Ok”.
4. Choose the “Align Printer” option and press “Ok”. Now, the printer will print the alignment page.
5. Lift up the lid of your HP printer.
6. You will now have to keep the printed section down. It should be placed on the right-front corner of your scanner glass.
Fix 5 – Restart Your HP Printer
Restarting your device can simply fix multiple errors. This solution is effective for the problem of printing blank pages too. Read the 5 steps to restart your HP printer.
1. Tap the “Power” button of the device.
2. Remove its power cable.
3. Leave the HP printer idle for 3 minutes.
4. Plug in the power cable again.
5. Start your printer and use it as usual.
Fix 6 – Update HP Printer Driver
A printer driver that is out of date can easily give way to problems such as the HP printer printing blank pages. So, in this solution, we will tell you how to update your printer driver to fix the issue.
1. Turn on your HP printer.
2. Connect it to your computer or laptop.
3. Visit the official website of HP Support.
4. Go to “Software and Driver Downloads”.
5. Provide your HP printer’s model number.
6. Find out if an update is available.
7. Click on “Update” and go through the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Fix 7 – Reinstall Printer Driver
Even when your printer driver is up to date, it may be corrupt. You can uninstall and reinstall the printer driver when your HP printer keeps printing blank pages. Let us look at the steps to do so.
1. On the Taskbar, open the search box and type “Add or Remove Programs”.
2. Now, click on the icon of “Add or Remove Programs”.
3. Find and click on your HP printer in the “Installed Program List”.
4. Select “Uninstall” and follow the instructions that appear.
5. To reinstall the driver, turn on your HP printer.
6. Visit the “HP Printer Driver Download” page on your system’s browser.
7. Provide your HP printer’s model number and find the driver.
8. Download the HP printer driver.
Fix 8 – Launch Troubleshooter
For those of you who are using the HP printer on a Windows 10 system, you can launch the troubleshooter to resolve the problem effortlessly. Look at the 5 steps for this.
1. Go to “Settings” on your Windows 10 system.
2. Select “Update & Security”.
3. Tap on “Troubleshoot” in the left-pane menu.
4. Click on “Printer” in the right-pane menu.
5. Now, press “Run the Troubleshooter”.
The Troubleshooter will take a while to identify why the HP printer only prints blank pages and troubleshoot the problem.
Fix 9 – Configure Print Spooler Service
Sometimes, Print Spooler files that are damaged can also cause this problem. You can configure the Print Spooler service on Windows 10 as an easy solution. Learn how to do it in only 11 steps.
1. Tap the “Windows” key together with the “R” key on the system’s keyboard.
2. When the “Run” dialog box opens, type “services.msc” and tap on “Ok”.
3. When the “Services” window opens, search “Print Spooler” service.
4. Tap twice on “Print Spooler” service and click “Stop”.
5. Tap on “Ok” to confirm and save the changes.
6. Next, press the “Windows” key together with the “E” key to open “File Explorer”.
7. Then go to the folder location “C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS” and empty the folder.
8. Go to “Services” again and tap twice on “Print Spooler” service.
9. When a new window appears, press the “Start” option.
10. Ensure that the Startup Type is “Automatic”.
11. Finally, click on “Ok” to confirm.
Fix 10 – Launch HP Print and Scan Doctor
When your HP printer keeps printing blank pages, you can use HP Print and Scan Doctor to find the cause of the trouble and settle it without any difficulty. Know how to run this tool in 7 steps.
1. Visit the official website of HP Support.
2. Download the “HP Print and Scan Doctor” tool.
3. When the download is complete, open the “HP Print and Scan Doctor” tool.
4. Read the on-screen instructions to finish the installation.
5. Now, run the “HP Print and Scan Doctor” tool.
6. Tap “Start”.
7. Read the instructions that appear and use the tool to troubleshoot the printing problem.
Fix 11 – Check for Blank Pages in Document
The problem of HP printer printing blank pages can also surface when the document you are printing has blank pages in it. Follow the little procedure given below to skip the blank pages.
1. On your Windows system, open “Printing Preferences”.
2. Then select “Maintenance”.
3. Now, click on “Settings”.
4. Choose the “Skip blank page” option.
5. Tap on “Ok” to save the settings.
1. On your Mac, open “Finder”.
2. Choose “System Preferences”.
3. Then click on “Print & Scan” or “Print & Fax”.
4. Follow the instructions and the printing problem with your HP printer will be settled.
Fix 12 – Clean Printhead of Your HP Printer
If you suspect that your HP printer only prints blank pages due to clogged nozzles, then we will suggest you to clean the printhead of the device. Here we will tell you two ways to clean the printhead of your HP printer. You can choose either one of these based on your convenience.
Clean Printhead via Printer’s Control Panel:
1. Insert a plain paper in the “Input tray”.
2. On the device’s “Control panel”, tap the “-” button.
3. Now press the “Right arrow” button.
4. Choose “Tools” and confirm by pressing “Ok”.
5. Press the “Right arrow” button and select “Clean Printhead”.
6. Your HP printer will take a while to perform the cleaning and notify you once the process finishes.
Clean Printhead via Computer:
1. Open the “Start” menu.
2. Go to the “Settings”.
3. Tap on “Devices”.
4. Choose “Printers & Scanners” on the left.
5. Choose your HP printer from the list of printers available.
6. Then go to the “Manage” tab.
7. Now click on “Printing Preferences”.
8. Next, go to the “Maintenance” tab and select “Clean Printhead”.
9. Press “Start”.
Fix 13 – Turn Off Cover Page/Separation Page Option
Sometimes, you will find your HP printer printing blank pages before performing every job. This happens when the cover page or separation page option has been turned on. Below we have shared how to turn off this option.
1. Open the “Start” menu.
2. Tap “Settings”.
3. Then tap “Devices”.
4. Click on “Printer & Scanners” on the left.
5. From the list of printers, select your HP device.
6. Tap on “Manage”.
7. Now click on “Printer properties”.
8. Go to the “Advanced” tab.
9. Open the “Separator Page”.
10. A small window carrying a file location will open up. Delete the file location.
11. Save the changes by clicking “Ok”.
Reaching the End
By following these 13 solutions, you can troubleshoot HP printer printing blank pages without any hassle. Keep our guide handy to fix this problem every time it occurs. We hope you keep yourself engaged with our other informative blogs and learn with us the expert solutions to all kinds of HP printer problems.