The HP Officejet Pro 6830 Printer is helpful for good quality prints. One might face problems with using the printer when a fault arises in the printhead. If the HP 6830 problem with printhead is the source of your trouble too, then we are here to lend you a helping hand. In this blog, we will be introducing several easy solutions to fix this problem in the shortest time.
- What is the HP Officejet Pro 6830 Printhead Problem?
- Solutions for HP 6830 Printhead Problem
- Fix 1: Print Nozzle Check Pattern
- Fix 2: Change Ink Cartridge and Clean Printhead
- Fix 3: Ensure the Position of Cartridge
- Fix 4: Check the Position of Smart Chip
- Fix 5: Ensure Chip is not Scratched
- Fix 6: Reset your HP Printer
- Fix 7: Check Ink Levels in Cartridge
- Fix 8: Clean and Align Printhead
- Fix 9: Advanced Printer Diagnostic Test for Ink Mist
- Fix 10: Perform Tap 41 Printhead Test
- Fix 11: Clean Printhead Assembly
- Fix 12: Clean Printhead with Warm Water
- Fix 13: Enhance Ink Flow of Printhead
What is the HP Officejet Pro 6830 Printhead Problem?
Clogging is a usual problem with your HP Officejet Pro 6830 Printer. As you would know, the printhead is an important part of an HP printer that is responsible for transferring ink onto a page via the nozzles. Sometimes the ink gets collected in the device’s nozzles or dries up and results in clogging. It is not uncommon for your device to go through periodic clogging and cause problems with the printhead.
The problem with this device’s printhead can also occur when it sits idle for a long time. Old and poor quality ink can too cause blockages, particularly the black as it contains powered graphite that settles over time. Lastly, the microelectronics in the head can burn out.
Solutions for HP 6830 Printhead Problem
Gladly, we know various ways to troubleshoot the problem with the printhead of your HP Officejet Pro 6830 Printer. Let’s read ahead to find out what these solutions are.
Fix 1: Print Nozzle Check Pattern
Printing a nozzle check pattern will help you identify the colours that are affected and causing the problem with the printhead. Learn how to perform this solution in 6 steps.
1. First, select “Tools” on your HP Officejet Pro 6830 Printer.
2. Select “Print quality report”.
3. Resolve any error messages while printing the “Print quality report” and press “Ok”.
4. Now, select “Settings” from the menu and again press “Ok”.
5. Select “Tools” and then press “Ok”.
6. Select “Clean printhead” from the Tools menu and press “Ok”.
Fix 2: Change Ink Cartridge and Clean Printhead
Another way to fix the HP 6830 printhead error is by changing its ink cartridges and then cleaning its printhead. This solution looks a bit time-taking but is surely effective. See here how you can do it.
1. Open the printhead printer cover to change the ink cartridges.
2. Remove the power cord
3. Take off screws from the inner top cover and lift it.
4. The next step is to handle the plastic location tape and remove it.
5. Now, remove the screws at the base of the printhead.
6. Lift the printhead gently and keep it upside down
7. Ensure that you don’t remove any cables.
8. Take a lint-free cloth and clean the bottom of the printhead.
9. Now, put all the parts back to their original place.
10. Connect the power cord.
11. Turn on your HP Officejet Pro 6830 Printer.
12. On the “Control Panel” of the device, swipe towards the left.
13. Select “Setup” or “Printer maintenance”.
14. Next, choose “Clean printhead”.
15. Wait till the process is complete and then you can use your printer as usual.
Fix 3: Ensure the Position of Cartridge
When the ink cartridge has not been properly work or installed, it will not fit correctly. Also, when you have not arranged the plastic tabs, they will not be rightly aligned. As a result, problems will emerge with the printhead of your HP device. For that reason, we will advise you to check that the cartridge locks into the position and its plastics tabs have been correctly aligned. Try not to bend them too much or else they will get damaged.
Fix 4: Check the Position of Smart Chip
Surprisingly, a skewed chip or a slipped chip can sometimes be the cause of the printhead problem with your HP Officejet Pro 6830 Printer. As a useful fix, you can remove the cartridges that have been refilled and check the placement as well as the alignment of the smart chip. In case the position of the smart chip does not seem right, you may need to replace the refilled cartridges.
Fix 5: Ensure Chip is not Scratched
Just like a skewed chip or a slipped chip, a chip with scratches on the surface will also cause HP Officejet Pro 6830 problem with printhead. So, you should always check that there are no scratches present on the chip’s surface. If you find the surface to be scratched, replacing the cartridge will be the best solution.
Pro Tip: We will suggest you get the new HP 934/935 cartridges for your printer. These are original HP cartridges and will help you fix the chip problem.
Fix 6: Reset your HP Printer
Resetting your HP printer can immediately troubleshoot the HP Officejet Pro 6830 printhead problem. Follow this procedure to reset your HP printer in the correct manner.
1. Go to the main menu of your HP Officejet Pro 6830 Printer.
2. Next, choose “Back”, then “Cancel”, then again “Back”, and “Cancel”.
3. Now, find the “Reset” menu from the “Service” menu.
4. Choose “Semi-full reset”.
5. Allow the device to finish the reset procedure.
Fix 7: Check Ink Levels in Cartridge
The printhead failure issue with your HP Officejet Pro 6830 Printer can turn up when the ink levels are low. To get your printer working again, you will have to get the ink levels checked. If the cartridge lacks adequate ink levels, get it filled up and the printhead failure would not bother you.
Fix 8: Clean and Align Printhead
Cleaning and then aligning the printhead will set right its installation positions, thus clearing the HP Officejet Pro 6830 problem with printhead. Also, if there is any fault with the colors or lines, then those too will be corrected via this process. This solution is only 4 steps long.
1. From your device’s Control Panel, choose “Printer maintenance”.
2. Then select the option of “Clean printhead”. Now, a print quality test will begin to print.
3. The third step is to choose “Align printhead”.
4. Generate a print quality test again once the third step is successful.
Fix 9: Advanced Printer Diagnostic Test for Ink Mist
Once in a while, ink mist or small ink droplets can interfere with the functioning of the HP printer parts which could also cause issues with the printhead. You can replace the printhead when ink mist becomes too big a problem. To check that ink mist is the real culprit for the HP Officejet Pro 6830 problem with printhead, you can run an advanced printer diagnostic test.
Pro Tip: We will advise you to use only plain paper for this method.
Fix 10: Perform Tap 41 Printhead Test
You will not be in a position to use your HP printer when a printhead failure occurs. To determine the printhead failure, you can follow the procedure given below.
1. On the touch display of your HP printer, press “Back”, then “Cancel”, then “Back”, and lastly “Cancel” to land on the “Service”/”Support” menu.
2. Now, select the “Service” menu and tap “Ok”.
3. Then, go to the “Special Reports” menu using the arrow keys and press “Ok”.
4. To open the “Print mech button tap” menu, use the arrow keys again. Then press “Ok”.
5. When you see “code = 0” on the display, change the value to “41” by pressing the right arrow key.
6. When you get “Code = 41”, press “Ok” and a diagnostic test pattern will begin to print.
7. Examine the 4th line of the report. If it states “Pen Status: Pen Ok”, then that means the printhead of your printer is stable.
Note: In case the 4th line of the printed report does not say “Pen Status: Pen OK”, you may need to replace the printhead of the device.
Fix 11: Clean Printhead Assembly
When a connectivity problem with your printer or cartridge springs up, you are likely to see the problem with the printhead HP Officejet Pro 6830. We will recommend you to clean the printhead assembly. Here you can find out how to perform this procedure in 7 steps.
1. First, remove the printhead assembly by holding up the lever or the release latch of the printhead.
2. Now, remove the printhead.
3. Next, take a damp cloth and clean the printhead contacts from bottom to top.
4. Keep cleaning the printhead contacts till you see no trace of ink remains.
5. Then position back the printhead assembly.
6. Press down the latch to lock the printhead assembly.
7. The final step involves printing a test pattern.
Fix 12: Clean Printhead with Warm Water
In this solution, we will teach you how to clean the printhead of your HP Officejet Pro 6830 Printer with warm water. Let us read the following 9 steps.
1. Take out the ink cartridges from your HP printer.
2. You will see a lever adjacent to the carriage assembly. Pull it up for unlocking the printhead.
3. Take out the printhead by lifting it upwards.
4. Place the ink ports in a sink and put warm water into these for 2 minutes.
5. Fully dry the water from the electrical contacts with a lint-free towel.
6. Place the printhead back into its original position.
7. In case you see a “Replace printhead” message on the display, turn off and on the device.
8. Place the ink cartridges back into the device. After this, the “New printhead” message will be delayed.
9. Launch “Clean printhead” if necessary. For this, select “Tools” and tap “Clean printhead”.
Fix 13: Enhance Ink Flow of Printhead
Enhancing the ink flow can also help in doing away with the HP 6830 problem with printhead. If you want to learn how to enhance the ink flow of printhead, you can see the 6 steps given here.
1. Turn on your device.
2. Access and remove the ink cartridges from the carriage.
3. Now, fill an eyedropper with distilled water.
4. Pour 10 to 15 drops of the distilled water into the ink port that is affected.
5. Next, put the ink cartridges back.
6. Activate “Clean printhead”. For this, press the “Gear” icon on the Control Panel. Choose “Printer maintenance” and then choose “Clean printhead”.
Pro Tip: Perform this procedure several times in case you feel the need.
The printhead is the heart of your HP Officejet Pro 6830 Printer. So, it is essential to keep it working. Use our solutions to troubleshoot the printhead problem to the core and get back to printing. You will be happy to know that along with being the experts at resolving problem with printhead HP 6830, we excel at fixing the HP printer offline error as well. We have also crafted an HP printer troubleshooting guide to help you fix other kinds of errors. Do take a look at these.
Did you love this blog? Drop us a line. We will be glad to read your comments!