How do I find my Password for my HP Wireless Printer?
Facing issues with your HP wireless printer? Though HP printers offer brilliance in technology and power, they are also prone to issues and errors. Users sometimes face multiple issues as well as password issues while using their HP wireless printers, and resetting your HP printer to its factory mode is the easiest way to resolve all issues, including problems and error messages related to software, ink cartridges error and printing jobs.
In this article, we’ll show you the easiest way to restore your wireless HP printer to its factory defaults and reset the password of your HP printer.
Ways to Reset HP Printer to Factory Settings
- With your printer turned on, disconnect the power cord and unplug it from the wall outlet.
- Remove the USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, and then press and hold the Power button on your HP wireless printer for about 30 seconds.
- Plug the power cable into the wall outlet and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn your printer ON and wait till the printer warm-up period finishes and then immediately move to the next step to install your HP printer software. You have around 120 minutes to complete the software setup process using HP auto wireless connect feature.
Can’t reset HP Printer to Factory Settings. Call Expert @ USA/Canada +1-866-496-0452 & UK +44 2896 002856
Ways to install HP printer software and print driver
- Go to 123.hp.com/dj3700 and click on the Download button.
- Once the software downloads, open HP Easy Start.
- Click on Setup My Printer and accept all Terms and Conditions to proceed.
- On the Prepare screen, click Continue.
- Go to printer’s control panel and ensure that the power button light is ON.
- The Connect screen will show your printer series and serial number as [Ready to connect].
- On the Connect screen, select your HP printer and click Continue.
- The Connect screen will now show your printer and your wireless network SSID with a Join button between them.
- If the network name is correct, click Join.
- If the network name is not correct, then manually click on the network name tab and select the correct network from the drop-down list and click Join.
- Your computer will temporarily disconnected from the wireless network while the connection is being set.
- When HP Easy Start asks you to access the selected wireless network, click Allow. This will help retrieve the password for your wireless network and use it to connect the printer.
- Once the wireless network password is accepted, HP Easy Start will set up your wireless printer and connect it to the network.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to reach the installation screen.
- Select all the software you want to install and click Continue.
- Read and respond to all the setup screens until you reach Enable Printing screen.
- Now click Add Printer to create a print queue.
- On the Add window screen, select the name of your printer and click Add.
- Print a Test Page to confirm if the printer has been set up correctly.
For immediate assistance, call Experts at USA/Canada +1-866-496-0452 & UK +44 2896 002856