How To Fix Epson Printer Not Printing
Facing the Epson printer not printing black error?. Don’t panic, read the article below in detail that mentions all the troubleshooting options for this type of errors and problems. You just need to follow some simple steps to get out of situations like this. All the steps are easy to execute, you don’t need any expertise.
Epson is one of the most recognized printer brands. The unique selling proposition of Epson printers is the aesthetic design combined with the superior prints. No matter which printer you go for, you will always come across some printer issues. Some common Epson printer issues include paper jams, connectivity problems, etc. The users also report that the Epson printer not printing after changing ink, Epson printer not printing properly, Epson printer not printing anything, Epson printer printing blank pages and many other complaints.
All the above-mentioned problems have an easy fix, just follow the methods properly and get rid of all these errors/issues.
Why is my Epson printer not printing black and other colors correctly?
Want to know the answer to this question “Why is my Epson printer not printing black and other colors correctly?” Just keep reading the article and all your queries will be resolved.
You can try the same below-mentioned methods for the following Epson printer models:
|Epson l210 printer||Epson 200 printer||Epson 420 printer|
|Epson XP 310 printer||Epson l360 printer||Epson m200 printer|
- WRONG PRINTER SETTINGS
There may be a situation when the users start reporting that the Epson printer not printing after changing ink because the settings could have been changed. To restore the printer to default settings, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Press the switch next to the power switch for 5 seconds. The power LED will start blinking. Wait for the green blinking light to stop.
- When the green light stops blinking on the power button, it means that the color system has been fixed.
- Take out a print to check the color reproduction.
This will most likely fix the issue of the Epson printer not printing correctly and Epson printer not printing black. If you still find the issue prevailing with your printer, then move towards the second method i.e. cleaning the dirty printer heads.
- DIRTY PRINTER HEADS
The print heads get dirty and soiled with dust when the printer is not used for a long period of time and this leads to issues such as Epson 310 printer not printing properly and Epson l210 not printing colors correctly. Epson printers have built-in head cleaning mechanisms. To start cleaning printer heads, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the control panel from the desktop and click on hardware and sound.
- On top of the page, you will see an option – devices and printers. Select your Epson printer from the list of printers.
- Right-click on the Epson printer and select printing preferences.
- A dialogue box will appear with 3 options on the top. Select maintenance.
- A new page will open and from there select head cleaning.
As soon as you click on head printing, the printer will start cleaning the print heads. Make sure you don’t disturb the printer when the head cleaning is in process. The head cleaning process can take upwards of 5 minutes. After the head cleaning is complete, a dialogue box will appear with 2 options; print nozzle check pattern and finish. Click on the former to print a test page and with this, you will be able to check if the Epson printer is reproducing colors accurately or not. If the print quality is not good, do the head cleaning again. You may have to run the process 2 – 3 times until you see accurate color reproduction from the Epson printer.
If the problem is still there with your printer even after following the aforementioned methods, you can try the below-mentioned last possible method to fix the issue of Epson printer not printing anything and Epson printer not printing black.
Need Help In Resolving Colour Issue With Your Epson Printer. Contact the Support team on USA/Canada +1-844-414-5222 & UK +44 2896 002856
- CLEANING MANUALLY
If nothing seems to work, you have to take out the print heads carefully and manually clean them. For manual cleaning, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- CLEANING WITH DISTILLED WATER: Use an eyedropper to pour distilled water over the nozzles. This will cause the dried ink or dust to loosen up and fall. Allow the nozzles to soak in distilled water overnight. Afterward, clean the nozzles and print 4 – 6 pages.
- CLEANING PRINT HEADS WITH PAPER TOWEL: Soak a paper towel with distilled water or cleaner and rub the print head on it for 10 – 15 minutes. This will help to scrape off any dust or dried out ink. Print 4 – 5 test pages to check the color reproduction.
These were the 3 basic methods to fix Epson printer not printing colors correctly and Epson printer not printing black. Try manual cleaning only if nothing seems to work. But if you need further assistance and help, then reach to our technical team through live chat support. Our team is ready to provide assistance 24*7 as we believe in achieving greater customer satisfaction.