How To Fix Epson Printer Won’T Print
Printer as a piece of technology has improved our lives to a large extent. During the initial days of printers, the prints were only black and white, then came printers with colored printing capabilities, and since then new features were added to every printer that came out.
Epson is one of the most recognized printer brands. The unique selling proposition of Epson printers is the aesthetic design combined with the superior prints. No matter which printer you go for, you will always come across some printer issue. Some common printer issues include paper jams, connectivity problems, and Epson printer not printing after changing ink.
All the above mentioned problems have an easy fix but the last problem could be caused by a number of reasons.
How to fix Epson printer not printing correct colors.
- WRONG PRINTER SETTINGS
The Epson printer may print wrong colors after changing the ink because the printer settings could be changed. To restore the printer to default settings, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Press the switch adjacent to the power switch for 5 seconds. The power LED will start blinking. Wait for the green blinking light to stop.
- When the green light stops blinking on the power button, it means that the color system has been fixed.
- Take out a print to check the color reproduction.
This will most likely fix the issue of Epson printer not printing correctly.
- DIRTY PRINTER HEADS
The print heads gets dirty and soiled with dust when the printer is not used for a long period of time and this leads to Epson printer not printing colors correctly. Epson printers have built in head cleaning mechanisms. To start cleaning printer heads, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to control panel from the desktop and click on hardware and sound.
- On top of the page, you will see an option – devices and printers. Select your Epson printer from the list of printers.
- Right click on the Epson printer and select printing preferences.
- A dialogue box will appear with 3 options on the top. Select maintenance.
- A new page will open and from there select head cleaning.
As soon as you click on head printing, the printer will start cleaning the print heads. Make sure you don’t disturb the printer when the head cleaning is in process. The head cleaning process can take upward of 5 minutes. After the head cleaning is complete, a dialogue box will appear with 2 options; print nozzle check pattern and finish. Click on the former to print a test page and with this you will be able to check if the Epson printer is reproducing colors accurately or not. If the print quality is not good, do the head cleaning again. You may have to run the process 2 – 3 times until you see accurate color reproduction from the Epson printer.
Need Help In Resolving Colour Issue With Your Epson Printer. Contact the Support team on USA/Canada +1-844-414-5222 & UK +44 2896 002856
- CLEANING MANUALLY
If nothing seems to work, you have to take out the print heads carefully and manually clean them. For manual cleaning, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- CLEANING WITH DISTILLED WATER: Use an eyedropper to pour distilled water over the nozzles. This will cause the dried ink or dust to loosen up and fall. Allow the nozzles to soak in distilled water overnight. Afterward, clean the nozzles and print 4 – 6 pages.
- CLEANING PRINT HEADS WITH PAPER TOWEL: Soak a paper towel with distilled water or cleaner and rub the print head on it for 10 – 15 minutes. This will help to scrape off any dust or dried out ink. Print 4 – 5 test pages to check the color reproduction.
These were the 3 basic methods on How To Fix Epson Printer Not Printing. Try manual cleaning only if nothing seems to work.