Why did my Epson Printer Stop Working on Mac?
Epson printer filter failed is one of the rare issues which comes to the notice of a user while trying to print a printing job with an Epson printer with an Apple device. The issue can come up all of a sudden. It generally makes an appearance due to an issue with the printer driver software. Sometimes can be wrong with the driver software or it may be corrupt which can cause it to behave in a usual way due to which it may not recognize a printer.
If you are looking for printer troubleshooting steps for the Epson filter failed printer issue, an important thing for you to remember is that you need to get to the bottom of the issue to fix it from the scratch. The problem lies in the device driver. So, deleting the existing one and downloading the recent software from the official site of your Epson printer and activating it can help you in resolving the issue.
Read on to find out information about how you can successfully deal with filter failed printer Mac.
How to Fix Epson Printer Filter Failed Error on Mac
If your Epson printer says filter failed or Stopped, there are a few troubleshooting steps that you can try out to resolve the issue. One thing that you must remember is that you need to uninstall the existing faulty device driver from your device(Mac) completely and go for fresh installation of the software. Download the software and think about activating it thereafter.
- Power off your printer. Next, follow the path: Open System Preferences>Print & Fax
- Choose the name of your printer and then click on the “-“ to remove the name of your printer from the list.
- Now choose the option to delete the name of your printer from the list and close the ‘Print & Fax’ window.
- Next, navigate to your hard drive. Follow this path: Library->Printers. Thereafter, delete the folder named ‘Epson’.
- Now, get back to your hard drive and follow the path: Library->Printers->PPD->Contents->Resources. Then look for the name of your printing device on the list that follows. Once you find the name of your Epson printer, remove it from the list.
- Now, follow this path: Library->Cache. Delete the folder, namely ‘Epson’. Once you are done with this step, close the window of the hard drive by clicking the cross button on the top right-hand side of the window.
- Restart the computer and switch your printing machine on.
- Visit the official site of Epson and look for the name of your printing machine and try to find out the driver software for it. Once, you locate it, download the software.
- Wait for some time until the download is complete. When the file is downloaded, launch the file and follow the instructions that appear on the screen. Make sure you do it in accordance with the instructions. Once the installation is complete, the job is almost done.
- As the last step, you just need to verify whether the issue still persists. You can find out whether or not you have been able to resolve the issue by simply trying to get a print. If you are able to get a print, it is the indicator that the issue has been resolved.
Hopefully, the above steps will do the trick and solve the issue. In case the filter failed printer issue persists, there could be something seriously wrong with the machine. A hardware issue can be behind it. Proper diagnosis may be necessary to establish the exact cause behind the unusual behavior of your printer. Consider getting professional help in this connection.
Issues in printing can sometimes land you into a serious problem, especially if you need to get prints for the purpose of your business. Your sure-fire way to resolve a technical issue with your printer is to take an immediate step to fix an Epson printer and printing issue rather than keeping it pending for too long.