Has your Epson printer stopped working and displays Epson error code 0x97 on screen? Your device is not alone, even the most incredible models of the Epson printers can surface this error such as Epson WF 3620, WF 3640 and more. With simple solutions and in simple steps, you can free your device from this error. In our guide to fixing this error with the Epson printer, you can find 10 solutions along with the steps.
- What is Epson Error Code 0x97?
- Common Causes of Epson Error Code 0x97
- How to Fix Epson Error Code 0x97 on WF 3620, Epson WF 3640?
- Fix 1: Download Epson 0x97 Fix Patch
- Fix 2: Reboot and Restore System
- Fix 3: Launch Microsoft Printer Troubleshooter
- Fix 4: Turn Epson Printer Off and On
- Fix 5: Clean Your Epson Printer
- Fix 6: Update Epson Printer Driver
- Fix 7: Reboot Epson Printer
- Fix 8: Check for Clogged Ink Cartridges
- Fix 9: Reinstall Ink Cartridges
- Fix 10: Launch Windows Printer Troubleshooter
Let’s begin the blog with a better understanding of this error first.
What is Epson Error Code 0x97?
Surfacing due to various reasons, this Epson printer error code can be understood as a common Epson printing error that will notify you to turn on and off your printer repeatedly. Further, your printer will stop printing anything and also halt you from using it in any way. The error with the Epson printer can be related to problems such as the internal hardware of your printer. Long-time users of Epson printers are more likely to experience this problem.
Common Causes of Epson Error Code 0x97
An internal hardware problem, such as Motherboard failure, is the chief reason for this Epson printer error code. A printer with dust, jammed paper, or dirty printhead can be the second cause of this error. Other causes of this error with the Epson printer include hardware malfunctioning and clogged nozzles of the Epson printer.
How to Fix Epson Error Code 0x97 on WF 3620, Epson WF 3640?
We have come up with 10 excellent solutions that are simple to understand and come with simple steps to follow. We assure you that these solutions for the Epson error code 0x97 will fix up your Epson WF 3620, WF 3640 device quickly.
Fix 1: Download Epson 0x97 Fix Patch
Downloading the Epson 0x97 fix patch can help clear the error immediately. Follow the 3 small steps given here to perform this solution.
1. Go to the official website or Epson and download “0x97 Fix Patch”.
2. Then press the “Scan” button.
3. Finally, press the “Repair” button to repair the Printer.
Fix 2: Reboot and Restore System
The second solution to remove this Epson printer error from your device involves rebooting and restoring the computer. In case there is any obstruction in your system that is causing this printing problem, then this process will clear it easily. This process includes 10 steps.
1. Reboot your computer.
2. Log in as an administrator.
3. Click on the “Start” button.
4. Then click on “All Programs”.
5. Now click on “Accessories”.
6. Move to “Tools” and click on “System restore”.
7. Click on “Next” after clicking on “Restore my machine to an earlier date”.
8. Choose the latest computer to restore date within the “click a restoration date” listing and then click “Next”.
9. Go to the authentication window and click “Next”.
10. Reboot your system once the restoration process is over.
Fix 3: Launch Microsoft Printer Troubleshooter
You can use the Microsoft Printer Troubleshooter tool to fix this Epson printer error code. Check the 4 steps mentioned below to use this tool.
1. Visit the Microsoft Support website.
2. Look for the Microsoft Printer Troubleshooter.
3. Download and install the tool on your Windows system.
4. Follow the on-screen instruction to use the tool and fix the error.
Fix 4: Turn Epson Printer Off and On
When this Epson error code 0x97 jams your printer, it will tell you to turn the device off and on again. That is why unplugging and plugging in the Epson printer can be helpful. Learn how to do it correctly in 6 steps.
1. Plug out all the cables connected to your Epson printer.
2. Open the device and check for any jammed bits of paper.
3. Then safely remove the cartridges from the Epson printer.
4. When your device is completely disconnected, tap and hold the “Power” button.
5. Now, connect all the cables back to your device.
6. Start the printer and use it smoothly.
Fix 5: Clean Your Epson Printer
Does cleaning your printer to fix the Epson error code 0x97 seem strange? Let us tell you that cleaning the device with a wet tissue can effectively troubleshoot the problem. A printer with dust or unwanted elements can harm the functioning. Learn how to clean your Epson printer with a wet tissue in 7 steps.
1. Turn off your Epson printer.
2. Open your printer.
3. Grab a clean tissue and slightly dip it in warm water.
4. Gently clean the internal areas of your Epson printer.
5. Now, wait for at least 15 minutes for your device to dry up.
6. Reinstall any printer parts removed during the cleaning process.
7. Turn on your Epson printer.
Fix 6: Update Epson Printer Driver
The Epson printer error code 0x97 can very well be a result of a faulty printer driver or an outdated one. Our best advice to you will be to install the latest version of the printer driver available for your device. Below we have shown how to update the Epson printer driver on Windows and OS X.
Update Epson Printer Driver on Windows:
Note: The Epson Printer can check the latest printer driver updates automatically but it also gives you the option to do it manually.
1. To update the Epson printer driver manually, go to the “Windows Desktop”.
2. In the Taskbar, right-click on the icon of the device.
3. Now, click on “Software update”.
4. In the window of printer settings, tap the “Utility” tab.
5. Next, choose “Driver update”.
6. Alternatively, you can go to “Start”, select “Epson”/“Epson Software”, and click on “Epson software updater”.
Update Epson Printer Driver on OS X:
1. To manually update the Epson printer driver, open “Applications”.
2. Go to the folder “Epson software”.
3. Click on “Epson software updater”.
Fix 7: Reboot Epson Printer
Rebooting your Epson printer is the easiest of all troubleshooting measures. Let’s find out how to reboot the device to remove this Epson printer error code.
1. First, turn off your Epson printer.
2. Now, plug out the device.
3. Detach any cables connected to your device.
4. Leave your printer for 5 minutes.
5. Next, press the “Power” button of the device for a minute.
6. While still holding the “Power” button, connect the power cable to your Epson printer again.
7. Hold the “Power” button for another minute.
8. Then stop holding the “Power” button. Once the device has been successfully rebooted, you can use it error-free.
Fix 8: Check for Clogged Ink Cartridges
Sometimes, when the ink cartridges of your device are clogged, you can experience the Epson error code 0x97. We will recommend you to check the ink cartridges of your printer and clean them or change printer ink in case it is necessary. Follow the simple procedure explained here to check whether or not the ink cartridges are clogged.
1. Tap the “Home” button of your Epson printer.
2. Then choose “Setup”.
3. Now, you have to select “Maintenance”.
4. Next, select the option of “Printhead nozzle check”.
5. A page containing 4 coloured grids will be printed. You can identify the nozzle that is blocked.
6. In case you find no gaps in the printed lines, choose “Done”.
7. In case you find gaps in the printer lines or the lines are faint, choose the “Clean the printhead” option.
8. Do not turn off your Epson printer until the cleaning process is complete.
Fix 9: Reinstall Ink Cartridges
When the ink cartridges have not been installed properly in your device, the Epson printer error code 0x97 may interfere with its functioning. Removing the ink cartridges and then reinstalling them correctly will be the best approach. This process has been described below.
1. The initial step is to turn on your Epson printer.
2. Lift the scanner cover upwards.
3. Tap the “Stop” button of your printer. If the cartridge is expended/low, it will be moved to the indicator position. If that is not the case, replace the cartridge by holding the “Stop” button for 6 seconds.
4. On the cartridge, you will find a tab. Press the tab to lift up the cartridge and remove it.
5. Insert the cartridge again in the holder. Press it downwards until you hear a click.
6. Shut the scanner cover.
7. Tap the “Stop” button again.
8. Allow the device a few minutes to move the printhead to the home position. When the ink charging completes, the power light will stop blinking.
Fix 10: Launch Windows Printer Troubleshooter
Are you experiencing the Epson code 0x97 error on your Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 system? You can use the Windows Printer Troubleshooter to resolve the problem right away. Take a look at the procedures given below to use this built-in tool.
Launch Windows Printer Troubleshooter on Windows 7/Windows 8:
1. Tap the “Windows” key on your system’s keyboard.
2. Key in “Troubleshooting”.
3. Choose “Troubleshooting” from the results showing up.
4. Now, click on “Use a printer”.
5. Press “Next”.
6. Allow your Windows 7 system to detect the printing issues.
7. Then follow the instructions that appear on your screen.
Launch Windows Printer Troubleshooter on Windows 10:
1. The first step is to press the “Windows” key.
2. Now, type “Troubleshooting”.
3. Click on “Troubleshoot settings”.
4. Select “Printer”.
5. Now, tap on “Run the troubleshooter”.
6. The troubleshooting process will begin. Afterwards, open the printer and check whether the problem has been fixed.
Note for Readers:
These solutions can also be used for fixing the Epson WF 3620, Epson WF 3640, Epson WF 4630, Epson WF 7610, and Epson WF 7620.
Overall, We can Say…
Your device can be bugged by the Epson error code 0x97 anytime. Knowing these 10 solutions, you can easily fetch your Epson printer from the pool of trouble. We hope you loved reading this blog. Our perfect guides to Epson printer offline and Epson printer not printing are also loved by readers. Tap to have a look at these.
Here is the step by step solution to clean clogged Epson print head nozzles:
Try cleaning Head & Nozzle of your Epson Printer: