How To Connect Dell Laptop To WiFi In Windows 10
There have been few instances reported by the users that their Dell Laptop won’t Connect To WiFi. Are you facing the same issue? Is Dell laptop saying “Windows 10 can’t connect to this network“? If yes, then I am going to show you How To Connect Dell Laptop To WiFi.
See possible methods To Connect Dell Laptop To WiFi
Method 1: Uninstall Network Adapter
If your Dell Laptop won’t Connect To WiFi Windows 10, there could be some problem with your adapter drivers. Here’s what you can do:
- Step 1: Press W-indows button + X. When the scroll down list opens, click on Device manager.
- Step 2: After clicking the “Device Manager,” locate the “Network adapters.”
- Step 3: Once you enter in the “Network adapters” menu, and search for “wireless network adapter.” Once you found this, right click and uninstall.
- Step 4: After uninstalling this driver, restart your Dell Laptop. On restarting, the laptop will automatically download the driver, and you should be able to connect your Dell laptop to the WiFi.
Method 2: Set the appropriate Channel width
If your laptop is showing “Windows 10 can’t connect to this network“, then there might be some issues with the channel width. In this case, you need to reset your width in order to Connect Dell Laptop to WiFi. Read on to know more:
- Step 1: Press “Windows key + S” and open the search menu. Type “control panel” in the search box.
- Step 2: Once you enter the control panel, try to locate “Network and Internet.” Once you found this icon, then enter it.
- Step 3: After entering “Network and Internet,” open the “Network and Sharing Center.”
- Step 4: Once the “Network and Sharing Center” opens, click on “Change Adapter settings.”
- Step 5: After entering the “Change Adapter Settings”, locate your wireless network adapter. Right click on this adapter and enter the “Properties” section.
- Step 6: After the “Properties” section opens, click on the “advanced” tab.
- Step 7: After the “advanced” tab opens, change the width to 802.11. If that does not solve the issue, try changing the width to 20 MHz. This should fix the problem.
- Step 8: To save the changes click “OK.”
Method 3: Add network manually
Sometimes if the above methods do not work, then you can try to fix the issue manually. If your Dell Laptop won’t connect to WiFi, then try to add your connection manually.
- Step 1: Firstly, go to your control panel and open the “Network and Sharing Center.”
- Step 2: After opening the “Network and Sharing Center” tab, click on “Set up a new connection or network” tab to get started.
- Step 3: After entering the “Set up a new connection or network” tab, click the “Manually connect to a wireless network” tab and then click “Next.”
- Step 4: In this step, fill up the information that is required like security type, security key, and network name.
- Step 5: Click the “Next” button to complete the process.
Hopefully, this post will solve the issue of How to Connect Dell Laptop to WiFi. If these methods do not solve, then there might be hardware issues for which you need to visit the service center.