Email accounts are protected by passwords that we set. As you would know, account passwords play a vital role in keeping our mail security intact. People often set passwords and forget them. Sometimes, people set passwords that are so hard to memorize that they themselves forget. For the users of Comcast too, this situation is not new. Are you a Comcast user too? If you forgot or want to change Comcast email password, then we are here to help you.
In this blog, you will learn about the Comcast password reset and change procedures. In addition to that, you will also learn awesome tips to create a strong password for your Comcast email account.
How to Reset Comcast Email Password?
When you fail to remember or forget your password, Comcast will provide you the option of resetting it. Here, you can find out all the steps that you need to do for the Comcast email password reset. You can perform a password reset in just 9 steps. The details of these steps have been shown below.
- Go to xfinity.com/password.
- Now, type in your “Comcast username” and click on the “Continue” button.
- In case you can’t recall your username, then go to xfinity.com/username. Before that, complete the security check by entering the required “Captcha”.
- Next, select a suitable method for recovering your password from the options listed. Then click on “Continue”.
- If you do not want to access the link via “Email” or “Text”, you can click on “Try a different method”. You can decide a secret question and set an answer for the same.
- Confirm your selection on the next screen by tapping “Continue”.
- A confirmation message will appear. If you have opted for resetting the password via “Email”, then check your “Email inbox” and click on the “Reset my password” button. Similarly, if you have chosen to reset the password via “Text”, then enter the reset code sent on your “Registered number”. Afterwards, click on the “Continue” button.
- You can now create and confirm your “New password”. Then click on the “Continue” button.
- At last, a confirmation message will appear on your screen. You can then access your Comcast email account with your new password.
Pro Tip: Memorize the “New password” for Comcast very well or note it down safely. Doing so will save your time in such conditions in the future.
How Do I Change My Comcast Email Password?
Do you feel that your Comcast email account is not protected anymore? Or is the password of your Comcast account too easy to hack? We will advise you to change your Comcast email password. Learn how to change your Comcast email account password in just 9 short steps.
- The first step is to log in to your Comcast email account.
- Then go to the “My account” tab on the top.
- You will be able to see an overview of your Comcast account.
- Go to “Manage users and settings”.
- Click on “Change password”.
- Now, set a new password for your Comcast email account. Ensure that the new password is hack-proof.
- Enter the new password twice to confirm it.
- Tap the “Save password” button.
- Lastly, log in to your Comcast account with your new password.
How to Change Comcast Password via Xfinity My Account App?
In this section, we will teach you the procedure for changing the Comcast password with the help of the Xfinity My Account App. This procedure can be performed in just 8 simple steps.
- Access the “Xfinity My Account App”.
- “Sign in” with your credentials.
- Go to the section of “Account information”.
- Click on the option of “Change password”.
- Type in the “Current password” of your Xfinity Comcast email account.
- Then type in a “New password” for your account.
- Type the “New password” again to confirm it.
- Tap “Save” for saving the new password for your account. Once the password has been successfully changed, you will receive a confirmation.
5 Tips to Create Hack-proof Comcast Account Password
Does your Comcast email account often fall in the wrong hands? Or do you think that your password is too simple for anyone to guess? Here you can find out how to create a good and hack-proof password for your Comcast email account. Reading these 5 tips will let you know the do’s and don’t for setting up a strong Comcast password.
- Keep the length of your Comcast account password between 8 to 16 characters.
- A password with your first name, last name, username, or user ID is easier to hack. So, always make sure that your Comcast account password does not contain any of these.
- Many people tend to include their birth date or nickname in the password. Doing so will also make it simpler for hackers to know your password. Ensure that you are not making the same mistake.
- Include at least a letter, a number, and a special character in your password. If you are thinking to include space in your password, then please note that Comcast does not allow the same.
- Hackers find it tough to crack long passwords. So, keeping your password long will be highly suggested by us.
In this post, you learned about how to change the Comcast email password as well as reset it. We hope our password change and reset procedures were simple to follow. We also shared with you 5 fantastic tips for creating a Comcast password. Use these strong password tips to make it impossible for hackers to access your Comcast account.
Do you need help with Comcast email settings? Our tech experts are all geared up to assist you the best.