How to set up your Suddenlink.Net Email account in Microsoft Outlook?
Suddenlink.net is one of the fastest and highly secure email platforms that allow you to easily send and receive emails, files, documents, photos, and videos from across the world. Thanks to its numerous user-friendly features and benefits, Suddenlink email service is being enjoyed by more than 1 million customers worldwide.
To streamline communication and ease down service delivery, the company offers different email addresses to its residential and business customers. Not just that, it also enables you with the ability to configure your Suddenlink account within the Microsoft Outlook to help you easily access all your emails from single ID.
In this article, we’ll show you the step by step procedure to set up your Suddenlink email account in Microsoft Outlook. While it is easy to manually change or modify Suddenlink.net Email Settings, in case you need help or are facing issues/ error messages while following the procedure, call us. Dial our toll-free Suddenlink Email support number +1-844-851-9487 and speak to our friendly and helpful technicians. They can quickly analyze your problem and give you an instant resolution of all your problems pertaining to Suddenlink.net email settings and use. Our certified experts can also help you with Suddenlink email SMTP settings, Suddenlink POP settings, Suddenlink IMAP settings, Suddenlink server settings, and more.
How to configure Suddenlink email account in Microsoft Outlook
- Open Microsoft Outlook.
- Select File and click Add a new email account.
- Now select Manual setup and click Next.
- Select POP or IMAP and click Next.
- Now enter the following information:
- Your User Name: The name that will be displayed when sending email
- Your Email Address: Your Suddenlink email address
- Your Account Type: POP3 or IMAP
- Your Incoming Mail Server: pop.suddenlink.net or imap.suddenlink.net
- Your Outgoing Mail Service (SMTP): smtp.suddenlink.net
- Your User Name and Password
- Click More Settings.
- Now on the Outgoing Server tab, put a check mark on the box ‘My outgoing server requires authentication’.
- In the Advanced tab, enter the server port numbers and then click OK.
- Incoming Server (POP3): 110 or Incoming Server (IMAP): 143
- Outgoing Server (SMTP): 25 or 587
- Click Next.
- Select the test account settings option. Outlook will test the account settings and confirm set up.
That’s it. By following the aforementioned steps, you can easily configure your Suddenlink.net email account on Microsoft Outlook. Should you need help, call us toll-free at +1-844-851-9487 for instant support and hassle-free service. We are available 24X7.