Is your HP laptop facing some kind of error in the operating system? Or is your system beginning to run slow with increased usage? If yes, you can factory reset HP laptop. It can definitely add to its speed and wipe off the errors too. When you factory reset HP laptop, it means that you bring the system back to the state it was in when you first purchased it. HP factory reset can remove data and applications as well as restore the laptop settings too, making your HP laptop all-new.
7 Methods to Factory Reset HP Laptop
Are you thinking about how to factory reset HP laptop? Ask us, we are the experts! We will tell you how to do a factory reset on HP laptop in 7 different ways. We will also share with you the best way to reset HP laptop to factory settings on Windows 7 and Windows 10. What’s more? In this guide you will also discover the factory reset procedure without disc and administrator password.
Let’s take a look at the following methods.
How to Factory Reset HP Laptop from Startup on Windows 7?
It will be useful to hard factory reset HP laptop especially when the system breaks down and you want to recover it. So, in the first method, you will learn how to factory reset HP laptop Windows 7 operating system from startup. This procedure will involve the use of the HP Recovery Manager.
Let us now look at the 6 steps to carry out this method.
1. First, restart your HP laptop and immediately press the “F11” key. Keep holding the key and you will see the system recovery menu. If the menu does not appear, you can press the “Enter” key alternatively to enter the “Startup Menu” and then press the “F11” key to access the system recovery menu .
2. Now, go to the “I need help immediately” section and choose “System Recovery”.
3. If you have already kept a backup of your data, then that’s great. In case you haven’t, select the backup files option to keep a backup of your files. You can also click on “Recover without backing up your files” when you don’t require the backup at all.
4. The fourth step is to click on “Next”.
5. Then click on “Ok” when you see a warning.
6. The system recovery process will take some time. Then click on “Finish” and your system will get restarted.
How to Factory Reset HP Laptop on Windows 10?
In this section, we have shown 2 options to factory reset HP laptop on Windows 10 along with step-by-step instructions.
How to Factory Reset HP Laptop through Windows Settings?
7 easy steps have been given here to factory reset HP laptop through Windows settings.
1. Press the “Windows” key and then search “Reset this PC” and select it.
2. After clicking it, a window will appear. Look for “Get Started” and then click on this button.
3. Next, choose “Keep my files” or “Remove everything” as per your convenience.
4. If you are selecting the first option, then the next step is to click “Next” and then continue by hitting “Reset”. The operating system will be reinstalled and the device will get restarted.
5. In case you are selecting “Remove everything”, the next step is to select “Only the drive where Windows is installed”. You can also choose “All drives” to delete all the files and recycle your system.
6. Click on “Just remove my files” to delete all your files. By tapping “Remove files and clean the drive” the drive will get cleaned.
7. Now click on “Reset” and wait for some time for the factory reset process to get completed.
Factory Reset HP Laptop through Windows Recovery Environment
You can factory reset HP laptop Windows 10 using Windows Recovery Environment when you are unable to log into your system normally. Follow the 7 steps given below.
1. For this method, your HP laptop should be turned off and any internal hardware that has been added recently must be removed. Also ensure that no external devices, such as USB cables or printers, are connected to it.
2. Now turn on your system and press the key “F11”. Now you will be able to see a screen with “Choose an option” written on it.
3. Click on “Troubleshoot”.
4. The next step is to tap on “Reset this PC”.
5. After clicking on this option you will have to select between “Remove everything” or “Keep my files”.
6. In case you wish to preserve your data, you will have to select “Keep my files” and then tap on “Reset”. To remove all the personal files, tap on “Remove everything”.
7. The next step is to click on “Only the drive where Windows is installed” if you want to delete all the files from your drive. Click on “All drives” if you want to delete all the files from your PC. To delete your files, click on “Just remove my files”. Alternatively you can select “Fully clean the drive” and the drive will be cleaned. Then click on “Reset” and the procedure for HP factory reset on Windows 10 will be completed.
How to Factory Reset HP Laptop without Disc?
In this guide to HP factory reset, we will now tell you another way to do it without using a restore disc. HP laptops with windows 7 and later operating systems come with an HP password reset disc that works the same way as a restore disc. The HP Recovery Manager will be installed in this recovery partition. Therefore, using this method, you can easily learn how to factory reset HP laptop windows 7 without CD.
Check out the 8 steps mentioned below.
1. Let’s begin with turning on your HP laptop. In case it is already on, we will suggest you to restart it. The booting process will begin, so you will be required to hold the “F11” key.
2. After the booting process, you will see the “Recovery Manager”. Go to the section “I need help immediately”.
3. The third step is to tap on “System Recovery” and then click on “Back up your files”. Now, click “Next”.
4. Keep an external hard drive with you to connect to your HP laptop to keep a backup or you can use a blank disc as well. Insert the disc into the optional disc drive.
5. After connecting the external hard drive or inserting the blank disc, choose the driver letter representing it and click “Next”.
6. After clicking on “Next” the backup process will begin. Wait for some time for the process to get completed. Then again click on “Next”. Now, the “Recovery Manager” will reset HP laptop to factory settings.
7. The next step is to click on “Finish”.
8. Now, a set of on-screen instructions will be displayed on the screen. Follow these instructions to complete the installation as well as setting up of the Windows operating system.
Note: For those of you who want to factory reset HP laptop but don’t want to keep a backup of your data, you can select “Recover without backing up your files”.
How to Factory Reset HP Laptop without Password?
For those of you wondering how to factory reset HP laptop without administrator password, this section will be really useful. By giving two options we will show you how to reset HP laptop to factory settings with the help of the HP Recovery Manager even without the password.
Factory Reset HP Laptop Windows 10 after Removing Password
1. First of all, ensure that your laptop has power supply and the keyboard and mouse are working.
2. Now install the “Windows Password Fixer” and run it on your system. Burn the “Windows Password Fixer” to a USB flash drive. This will help in creating a reset disk for password.
3. Connect your HP laptop to the USB drive and boot the system.
4. Now, click on “Reset password” to remove it. Then click on “Reboot” and remove the USB drive.
5. Restart your HP laptop to make the changes. Now, sign in to your device without the password.
6. Go to the search box and type “Recovery Manager”. Press “Enter” and click the icon. In case you are prompted with “User Account Control”, click “Yes”.
7. Now, the “HP Recovery Manager” will open. Go to “Help” and tap on “Windows Recovery Environment”. Then click “Ok” and the system will reboot.
8. Now, “Choose an option” screen will pop up. Press “Troubleshoot”.
9. Click on “Recovery Manager” and choose “Recover without backing up your files” and hit “Next”.
10. Now, follow the on-screen instructions to finish the HP factory reset process.
Factory Reset HP Laptop without Login
1. Detach all the cables and external devices connected to your HP laptop.
2. Start your HP laptop and press the “F11” key several times.
3. A screen will appear. Click on “Troubleshoot” and then go to the “Recovery Manager”.
4. Now, press the “System Recovery” in the “Help” section.
5. Backup your files if needed or “Recover without backing up your files” and click “Next”.
6. Now go through the on-screen instructions to complete the procedure.
Note: You can use this option in case you have forgotten your password. Using the Recover Manager, you will not be required to enter the password.
How to Factory Reset My HP Mini Laptop?
Usually, the HP mini laptop comes with Windows Vista or Windows 7. So, we will show you two options to factory reset HP Laptop. Let’s look at the first option.
How to Factory Reset HP Laptop Windows Vista?
1. Tap “Start” on your HP mini laptop and then search “Recovery Manager”.
2. Then click on the “Recovery Manager” option.
3. Now, press “Advanced Options” and then go to “System Recovery”.
4. Tap on “Next” to restart your HP mini laptop.
5. Once the restart finishes, “HP Recovery Manager” will open up. Click on “System Recovery” and then hit “Next”.
6. You may be prompted with a message to use “Microsoft System Restore”. Click “No”.
7. Choose “Recover without backing up your files” if you don’t want to keep a backup and then click “Next”.
8. Now the restoration process will begin and may take some time. After the process is complete, your laptop will restart.
9. You will be asked to set up Windows Vista after the reset process.
How to Factory Reset Windows 7 HP Mini Laptop?
1. Go to “Start” and click “All programs”.
2. Then go to “Recovery Manager” in “All Programs”.
3. Press “Recovery Manager” again to start the HP Recovery Manager program.
4. The next step is to go to “I need help immediately” and tap on “System Recovery”.
5. Your laptop will restart and the “HP Recovery Manager” will begin quickly.
6. Now click on “System restore” and tap on “Next”.
7. In case you are prompted to use Microsoft System Restore then click on “No”.
8. Select whether you want to keep a backup of your files. If not, select “Recover without backing up your files” and hit “Next”.
9. Now, wait for the restoration process to finish.
10. Once the process finishes, your HP mini laptop will restart.
How To Factory Reset HP Pavilion?
1. Turn off your HP Pavilion Windows 7 laptop. Remove all the cables or external devices connected to it. Empty the internal drives and also remove any internal hardware that has been added recently.
2. Keep the power cord connected.
3. Now, turn on your HP Pavilion laptop and press the “F11” key repeatedly.
4. Next, the “Recovery Manager” will now be available on the screen.
5. Go to the section “I need help immediately” and click on “System Recovery”.
6. Keep a backup of your files if you wish, or else can recover without backup as well.
7. Click on “Next” and then “Ok”.
8. Wait for the process to get completed and then press “Finish”. The HP factory reset will be over and the device will get restarted.
How to do HP ElitePad 1000 G2 Factory Reset?
The procedure for HP ElitePad 1000 G2 factory reset has been explained here in 9 steps.
1. Press the “Power” key to turn on HP ElitePad 1000 G2.
2. The second step involves unlocking the screen and then going to the “Main Menu”.
3. To open the “Service bar”, slide your finger from top left to the screen’s centre.
4. Next, select “Settings” in the “Service bar”.
5. Then press “Change PC settings” and select the “Update and Recovery” option.
6. Tap on “Recovery” and then select “Remove everything and reinstall Windows”.
7. Now, connect your HP ElitePad 1000 GD to the charger since the battery may get drained in the procedure.
8. Then click on “Next”.
9. Now, the device will take 30 minutes to factory reset and the process will finish.
This is Important!
By now, we are sure that you have learnt how to factory reset HP laptop. One thing that is the most important after you factory reset HP laptop is to install the latest drivers for the operating system.
The process is only 5-steps long. Take a look:
1. Press the “Windows” key and the “X” key together on the keyboard and the “Device Manager” will come up on your screen.
2. Now, see all the drivers listed under the categories.
3. Right-click on the driver and a list will be visible. Select “Properties” from this list.
4. The next step is to go to the “Driver” tab and tap on “Update Driver”.
5. Now, select the option “Search automatically for updated driver software” and install it.
Note: After selecting the option “Search automatically for updated driver software”, if you see a message saying that the best driver software for your system has already been installed, then you will be required to do a manual research for the driver. For the latest version, we will recommend you to visit the official website of the manufacturer.
These solutions will for the following HP Stream Printer, Pavilion, Envy, Deskjet, Jetdirect, Photosmart and Split series:
|HP Stream 11 Laptop||HP Stream 14 Laptop||HP Stream Notebook PC 13||HP Pavilion G6 Laptop||HP Split X2 Laptop|
|HP Jetdirect||HP ENVY||HP Deskjet||HP Photosmart|
The above-mentioned methods will also work for the following HP laptop models:
|HP 15 Laptop||HP 2000 Laptop||HP G72 Laptop||HP ProBook 4430S|
Let’s Sum Up
In this informative blog, we studied multiple methods to reset your device whether it has Windows 7 or Windows 10. We also taught you the procedures to restore the factory settings without even the use of administrative password. We hope now you know how to factory reset HP laptop. The 7 methods mentioned here will definitely help you to reset HP laptop to factory settings.