How To Enable & Disable Touchpad On HP Laptop
Are you facing the problem of unwanted cursor movement even when your fingers move over the touchpad slightly? Do you want to work on your HP Laptop on something which calls for a lot of accuracy and control? Do you want to use your external device: mouse or pointing device? Then disabling the Touchpad on your HP Laptop is the best solution for it.
How to Disable Touchpad on HP Laptop?
It is the Synaptics touchpad drivers which help us to disable or enable or customize different touchpad settings. Follow the steps illustrated below:
- Tap on Windows “Start” and type in the search field “mouse.”
- Tap on “mouse” to show Mouse Properties windows.
- Tap on the “Device Settings” tab and select “Enable” or “Disable.” When confirmation is shown, tap on “OK.”
So you have seen that by following the above given steps you can also learn How to Enable Touchpad on HP Laptop.
Now, do you know what is to be done when your HP Laptop Touchpad Not Working?
Yes, there are instances when it just stops working after updating software which is a little uncommon. Commonly occurring is when your touchpad feels awkward, where it registers gestures which were not intended to do so and fails to recognize the swipes, clicks, and pinches done on purpose.
This problem can be fixed by following the four methods given below:
Solved : HP laptop Touchpad not working
- Just reboot your laptop. Restart it to ensure if the touchpad has started to work again.
- Just enable the HP Touchpad. It is possible that during the Windows update, HP Touchpad got disabled. Follow the steps 1 – 3 that were discussed in the section above.
- Of many instances, the HP Touchpad Driver becomes outdated. In this case, you can use HP Driver Update Utility to find The HP Touchpad Driver status. Usually, your laptop checks the internet for updated driver software and as needed updates. But in case, the laptop is unable to find; you will have to do so.
Before this, you will first have to uninstall the old Touchpad Driver. This can be done by going to Device Manager then right click on the touchpad and lastly click on “Uninstall.”
Now go to the download section and look for the HP Laptop website or Google “(Laptop Model) Windows 10 Touchpad Driver”. Now you may install the new one.
- Launch the Touchpad Driver of your choice. Click “Scan.” This will scan your Laptop and find the problems in the existing driver.
- Click on “Update.” This will update your old Driver to the new version.
- Reboot your Laptop. This will activate the Driver to give the required result.
Method 4:- How To Disable Touchpad On Hp Laptop Windows 10
Use Windows Troubleshooter to solve the problem in your HP Touchpad if it is not starting after Window 10 update. Follow the below given steps:
- Tap on “Start” and then select “Settings.”
- In the search field type in “Troubleshooting.”
- Tap on “Hardware and Sound.”
- Tap on “Hardware and Devices.
- “Tap “Next.”
- Windows Troubleshooter will search the problem.
- It will give recommended solutions to fix the problem.
Tap on “Apply this Fix” to solve the problem.
Thus, in this way, all the said issues to your HP Laptop Touchpad will be resolved easily.