It is usual for people to lose a check, get it damaged, or torn. Since such a check may not be suitable for use, printing it again is preferred. For QuickBooks users, reprinting checks comprises an easy method. By accessing a Payroll Account or Checking Account, any check or payroll check can be printed with ease. In QuickBooks Online as well, similar ways can help you to reprint a check.
To tell you more about how to reprint checks in QuickBooks, we have included multiple methods in this post. These methods will assist you in reprinting payroll checks and multiple or a batch of checks as well. Along with this, we will be focussing on different reasons due to which reprinting a batch of checks in QuickBooks or just a single check may be required.
Let us take a quick glance at the methods listed on this page:
- Reasons to Reprint Checks in QuickBooks
Reasons to Reprint Checks in QuickBooks
You may reprint checks in QuickBooks due to one of the following reasons:
- Your previous check may have been damaged.
- While initially printing the check, it may have been jammed in your printer.
- For personal purposes, reprinting checks in QuickBooks or its versions may be required.
- Certain users get the check reprinted via QB when they have misplaced the former one.
How Do I Reprint a Check in QuickBooks?
While using QuickBooks, you may have come across the tab of Transactions. This tab can be helpful for finding out how to reprint checks in QuickBooks.
Once you open QuickBooks, tap on Transactions. From this tab, go to the option of Paychecks. Then press twice on a particular paycheck or check. The chosen check can be reprinted now or later. For reprinting it after some time, you can opt for the Print Later option. Afterward, you can push the Save & Close button to finish this method.
- Look for the tab of “Transactions” in “QuickBooks”.
- Using the tab, open “Paychecks”.
- Now, click twice on any paycheck to select it for reprinting.
- Now, use “Print Later” to proceed.
- Finally, tap on the “Save & Close” button.
Note: You can also reprint a batch of checks in QuickBooks from the tab of Transactions. Same as the steps listed above, you need to perform the steps after visiting this tab. Multiple checks will get printed again in the accounting software.
How to Reprint Checks in QuickBooks Online?
In QuickBooks Online, you can find the Print Check option. This option is helpful for printing a check for the first time as well as for reprinting it when required. You can open QBO to find this option. After selecting it, you can choose which check has to be reprinted and then opt for Print Preview. Tap on Add More Checks to reprint a group of checks at the same time. Moving forward, you can select Printer. Within a few seconds, the check will begin to print.
You can also know how to reprint checks in QuickBooks Online by going through these instructions:
- Open “QuickBooks Online”.
- View its “Print Check” option.
- Decide which check has to be printed again.
- Click on the option of “Print Preview”.
- Ensure that the preview of your chosen check is correct. Or else, you may make the changes.
- As an optional step, tap on “Add More Checks” for reprinting several checks at one time.
- Now, switch to the “Printer” tab.
Wait for the selected check or checks to get reprinted. This process can take a few seconds. After the check(s) gets printed again, ensure that the print is clear and error-free.
How Do You Reprint Payroll Checks in QuickBooks Online?
Payroll checks can be reprinted in QBO using a Checking Account or Payroll Account. From the menu called Lists, you can access either one of these accounts and then reprint your check. You can also do the same by setting a date range. The date range will enable you in locating a particular payroll check for printing it again. To set the range, the tab for Employees will have to be visited.
Assisting you to reprint payroll checks in QuickBooks Online, we have listed the details of these methods below.
Method 1: Reprint Payroll Checks via Checking Account/Payroll Account
It is easier to reprint payroll checks by using a Checking Account in QuickBooks Online. This account can be found in Lists. From this menu, you can move to the Chart of Accounts. Here, this account will be available. On the off chance that this account is not available, you can use a Payroll Account. Then specify the payroll check that you would like to print one more time. After this, use the Print option to continue.
Read more about how to reprint checks in QuickBooks Online for payroll with these steps:
- Choose “Lists” after accessing “QBO”.
- Look for the section of “Chart of Accounts”.
- Tap twice on the option that says “Checking Account”.
- Click two times on a check which needs to be reprinted.
Note: As an alternative to Step 4, you may visit “Payroll Account”. Choose a check from this section for reprinting it.
- Now, press “Print”.
- Select “Save”.
- After this, exit the current window
Method 2: Reprinting Payroll Checks by Setting a Date Range
It has been found that by setting a date range, payroll checks can be printed as well as reprinted. For setting the date range, you can open the tab titled Employees. After this, choose either the option of Void or Edit. Find the option that says Show Paychecks from and through and select it. Now, you can add the date range. Based on this, you will be able to reprint payroll checks in QuickBooks Online.
- View the tab for “Employees” in “QBO”.
- Select one of the following options:
Tip: The option of “Void” in the software is used by certain people for changing a payroll check’s amount to zero. To understand more about this option, you can see how to void a payroll check in QuickBooks Online.
- Click on the box for “Show Paychecks from and through”.
- Enter a date and then start looking for the check to be printed again.
- Tap twice on the name of the employee for viewing this check.
- Hit “Print”.
- Entering a check number is the next step.
- Press “Ok”.
Our Final Opinion
Whether or not you misplace an important check or need an additional copy, you can reprint it with QuickBooks. Both QB and QuickBooks Online come with the option of reprinting your checks. Also, as you saw here, more than one method can be put in place for completing the need. Let us know how helpful these methods were to you. Share your experience with us by leaving a comment.