As is well known, QuickBooks has a printing feature using which you can print checks. If you want to know how to reprint checks in QuickBooks 2019, we will enlighten you. In this guide, we will also teach you to print payroll checks, print multiple checks in QuickBooks, track original check number, and reprint sales forms in QuickBooks. Let’s start off!
The blog covers how to reprint checks in QuickBooks Desktop and Online using different options. Here we go:
- Why Do You Need to Reprint Checks in QuickBooks?
- How to Reprint Checks in QuickBooks Online?
Why Do You Need to Reprint Checks in QuickBooks?
Before you go to print checks, first know the reasons why you need to reprint checks in QuickBooks software. Here are the following reasons:
- If your previous check is damaged or jammed in the printer, you need to reprint the check in QuickBooks.
- Due to personal usage, you might need to reprint paystubs.
- If your check is misplaced, this may make you reprint it.
If you have any of the aforementioned reasons to reprint the checks then don’t worry. Here, we will show how to reprint checks in QuickBooks 2019 in easy ways.
How to Reprint Checks in QuickBooks Online?
Users can print checks by tracking them within the QuickBooks software. For that, you need to first find those checks before reprinting them. Here are the following steps that will help you to find your check in QuickBooks.
- In QuickBooks, go to the “Print check” option.
- Then, click on the “Print Preview” option.
Tip: If you prefer to reprint more than one check then you can click on the Add More Checks option.
- Now, switch to the “Printer” tab.
Once you do so, the check will start printing right from the software to the printer. These are the basic steps to find and print the checks in QuickBooks.
How to Reprint Payroll Checks in QuickBooks Online?
After printing checks, you can also reprint the paychecks just by tracking them in the directory path. This can be done in different ways.
To reprint the checks, you can either go to the Lists tab or use the date range in the Employee’s tab. In the following discussion, we will know about these two methods to reprint payroll checks in QuickBooks Online.
Options 1: From Lists
- Click on the “Lists” option.
- Go to the “Chart of Accounts” (COA) section.
- Click twice on the “Checking account” and double click the check you wish to reprint.
- Alternatively, click the “Payroll account” and select the check you wish to reprint.
- Then, hit the “Print” icon.
- Lastly, click the “Save” button.
- Close the window.
Option 2: Find Checks through Date Range
- In QuickBooks, go to the “Employee’s” tab.
- Click on the “Void” or “Edit” option.
- Click on the “Show paychecks from and through” box and add the date to find the checks.
- To view your check, double click the employee’s name.
- Hit the “Print” icon.
- Then, assign a check number.
- Press the “OK” button.
These are the two different ways that can be followed to reprint payroll checks. All you have to track the checks in your QuickBooks account and send for prints.
How Do I Reprint a Batch of Checks in QuickBooks?
QuickBooks allows you to reprint multiple checks without affecting the wage records of employees.
If you are thinking about how to reprint a vendor check in QuickBooks Online in bulk then you can do that using the Transactions tab. Check out how to merge vendor in QuickBooks. Here are the steps that you can follow:
- Go to the “Transactions” tab.
- Now, click on the “Paychecks”.
- Then, click twice on the paycheck that you wish to reprint.
- Click on the “Print later” option.
- Click on the “Save & Close”.
You can repeat the same steps for all those checks that were not marked for printing. All you have to click on Print forms and click Paychecks. Then, select the paychecks you prefer to print. This is how you can reprint multiple checks in QuickBooks.
How to Track Your Original Check Number?
If you ever need to track your original number of checks, you can find it in the QuickBooks account. To know how to track the original check number, you can pursue these steps:
- In QuickBooks, click on the “Write checks”.
- Now, add your original check number.
- Then, you can add the “Date”.
- After that, add “Employee’s name”.
- In “Amount box”, add 0.01.
- Then, click on “Payroll expenses”.
- Hit the “Save & Close” button.
- Now, click on “Use register”.
- Thereafter, find your check that is created just now and click on it.
- Then, select “Void check”.
These are the basic steps for tracking the check number in your QuickBooks account.
How to Reprint Sales Forms in QuickBooks?
Those who want to reprint sales forms in their QuickBooks software can go through the following instructions:
- In QuickBooks, go to the magnifying glass icon.
- Then, add the sales form number, amount, and date.
- Hit the “Enter” button.
- Now, go to the sales form.
- Then, select the “Print” or “Preview” option.
Once done following these steps, the printing process will be initiated. This is how you can print or reprint your sales forms in QuickBooks.
To Wind Up
Reprinting the checks in QuickBooks is pretty simple. If the checks are jammed or misplaced within your QuickBooks account, you can find them and send them for reprinting.
In case you are thinking how do I reprint a check in QuickBooks Desktop then this guide will help you. In this guide, we have provided you two different options to reprint payroll checks in QuickBooks Online and Desktop.
You can also reprint sales forms. Besides that, you can reprint the multiple checks at once. If required then you can also track the original number of your check.