By adding a watermark to your documents, you can prevent anyone from editing the document. Microsoft Word allows you to add a watermark in Word documents as well. If you are willing to know how to add watermark in Word or add draft watermark to word then you can stick to this guide till the end.
How Do You Add a Watermark in Word?
If you are thinking how do I add a watermark in Word, then you can just simply go through this simple guide. In this specific guide, you will find a number of ways to add custom watermark to Word. Below are the following ways you can follow to add watermark word online.
- How to Add Watermark to Word Document for All Pages?
- How to Add Watermark in Word for a Specific Section?
- How to Add a Draft Watermark in Word for a Single Page?
The advantage of learning these three ways is to add watermarks in different ways. For instance, you can add watermark to Microsoft Word on each page of your document, add watermark to Word online to a single section, and add draft watermark to Word to a single page. Let us understand these ways step by step.
How to Add Watermark to Word Document for All Pages?
If you want to know how to add watermark to Word document then you can read the following steps. By following these steps, you can add draft watermark to word
to each page. Let us know how to do that.
- To get started, you need to open the document in which you want to add custom watermark to Word.
- Then, you can go to the Design option located on the top.
- Here, you can click on the Watermark option which is available under the Page Background group.
Note: Depending on the version of Word document, you may find these options with different names or locations.
- Once you click on the Watermark option, it shows a gallery containing variations of adding a watermark in a document. It includes Confidential, Do Not Copy, Urgent, and Draft.
- You can select any of the ideas and customize them accordingly.
- If you click on the Add Custom Watermark then you will be able to customize the watermark with your own text. For that, you can use fonts, layout, color, etc.
- To add an image watermark, you can click on the Picture Watermark radio option then you can go to Select Picture. After browsing the image, you can adjust it to your document.
- While browsing the picture, you can choose the appropriate size by clicking on the Scale box.
- Also, enable or disable the Washout option as per the requirement.
This is how you can add watermark Word online. All you have to go through the toolbar and adjust your preference for adding a watermark. So if you are looking for how to add watermark to Word document 2010, the above-mentioned steps are simple to follow.
How to Add Watermark in Word for a Specific Section?
To know how to add watermark in Word for a specific section, you can go through the following steps mentioned below.
- To begin, you can open your Word document and insert a new section.
- To do so, you can click on the Layout ribbon on the top.
- Here, you can select the Breaks option and choose any of the section breaks.
- Now, you can go to the area where you want to place the watermark and double click on the header. This will show you two different sections
- After that, you can click on the Design ribbon which is located under the Header & Footer Tools.
- At this point, you can deselect the Link to Previous option.
- Once done, you can click on the Design ribbon and insert the watermark.
So if you are looking for how to add watermark to Word document 2010 for a specific section, the above-mentioned steps are easy to follow. In addition, you can use the same steps to add watermark to Word 2003, 2013, or other versions.
How to Add a Draft Watermark in Word for a Single Page?
Adding a watermark to a single page can be tricky but you can do it following two simple ways. Here, you will go through two different ways to add watermark to Word 2013. So if you want to learn how to add watermark on Word to a single page then you can go through the following steps.
In Word 2013, add watermark to a single page using WordArt Text.
- First of all, go to the Insert option which is located on the top.
- Then, you can click on the WordArt menu and select any of the text styles.
- Now, you can edit the text and add yours.
- Once done, you can click on the floating Layout menu.
- Then, you can choose the Behind Text.
- If required, you can rotate the text.
- To get the washed-out appearance, you can click right on the WordArt text and choose the Format Shape.
- After this, you can click on the Text Options and choose the Text and Fill option. You can expand the Text Fill and Outline menu if required.
- Now, you can adjust the opacity using the Transparency slider.
In Word, add a watermark using the image.
- If you want to know how to add draft watermark in Word 2010 using the image, you can go to the Insert tab.
- Then, you can click on the Pictures and click the Open button.
- After that, you can browse the picture to add as a watermark.
- While browsing, click on the floating layout option, and choose the Behind Text option.
- At this point, you can adjust the image position by rotating it.
- Now, you can click on the Format tab and choose the Color option under the Adjust group.
- Here, you can also click on the Washout option available under the Recolor option.
If you are thinking how do I add a watermark in Word then you would love to know that this is pretty easy to add watermark to Microsoft Word. In this guide, we have covered different ways of adding a watermark to the Word document. For instance, you can add a watermark to each page of your document or add only to a specific section or page.
In case you want to remove these watermarks later, you can read this guide on how to remove watermark in Word. Besides that, we have covered this guide on how to remove hyperlink in Word. Read here to know more.