Your Network Settings Are Blocking Party Chat In Xbox One
In multiplayer games, especially those that involve a strategy, group chatting proves to be of great help to players. However, sometimes due to the network setting blocking party chat, players encounter an issue with the party chat feature on the Xbox One gaming console.
The message they usually see on the screen is ‘Your Network Settings are Blocking Party Chat’. This can either happen in the form of error code ox89231806 or ox807a1007.
Are you also facing one out of these problems or both the problems while playing a game on your gaming console? If yes, then here is what you need to do to get rid of these issues linked to gaming communication.
Your Network Settings Are Blocking Party Chat 0X807A1007
Party chat is one of the popular tools for players of multiplayer games. It is of critical importance; its significance lies in its critical role in strategy-based action games.
However, sometimes players face an issue while exchanging messages with their teammates while playing a multiplayer game. Whenever they encounter this issue, they also see a message “Your Network Settings Are Blocking Party Chat 0X807A1007”. The seriousness of this problem can be gauged from the fact that it keeps the players disconnected from one another unless or until the issue is fixed.
There are three ways in which one can fix this issue. The troubleshooting steps to fix the issues are discussed below.
Solution 1: Move your Xbox One to a different region
Many gamer who have encountered this issue have benefited from the method of changing their location. There are some side-effects of changing your location, though. One of the biggest downsides of the procedure is that you will not be able to use the same Microsoft account.
So, experts recommend users to choose the location carefully and only with an informed decision. If you have made up your mind to make use of this solution, the wise thing to do would be to change your location at least for one in every three months’ time.
To try out this method, follow the troubleshooting steps given below.
- Go to the Guide menu by swiping left on the main screen of your Xbox ONE.
- Now, follow this path: Settings->All Settings->Select the System section->Language & location.
- Pick up a location and then select ‘Restart now’.
- When the console restarts, check if the issue still persists.
Solution 2: Think about Performing a Hard Reset
You can fix this issue easily by performing a hard reset. A number of users reported that this has helped them resolve the issue without much hassle. This method is also known as cold restart or power-cycle.
The steps to try out the method are given below.
- Check if you have left any game running or any downloads pending in the background. Next, try to shut down the console completely. Tap the power button for a minimum of 10 seconds and hold it on until the console starts shutting down.
- When the gaming console shuts down completely, press the power button once more. You will see a green startup screen.
- Now check if the issues with the party chat is resolved.
The best thing about this process is that it not only helps clear the cache but also turns some of the settings to the previous state.
Solution 3: Switch to the Energy Saving Mode
There is a simple method to resolve the issue linked to ox807a1007. You can turn on the energy saving mode by following the simple steps given below.
- Go to the Guide menu by swiping left on the main screen of your Xbox ONE.
- Now, follow this path: Settings->All Settings->Choose the power and startup option.
- Click on ‘Power Mode’ and then click the box adjacent to the option ‘Energy-saving’ right below it.
- Wait for a few seconds to see if the message is still there on the screen
- As soon as the message disappears, think about restarting your Xbox ONE. The changes you have saved will apply when your console restarts.
If the issue persists despite trying out the troubleshooting steps discussed above, think about resolving the issue by using Reimage Repair Tool. This tool scans the repositories and replaces any missing or corrupt file which could be behind this issue.
Your Network Settings Are Blocking Party Chat
While playing multiplayer games on the Xbox One platform, it is commonplace to encounter communication-related issues. One such issue is chat error 0x89231806. Generally, this error or technical glitch is characterized by the message ‘Your Network Settings Are Blocking Party Chat
0X89231806’ on the screen.
The core issue behind it is the conflict between Microsoft IPv6Server and Teredo adapter. Besides, firewall, home router or even your ISP can be the reason behind this technical error.
If you are currently facing this issue and are looking for the right solution to resolve it, the steps given below will help you in addressing it.
Method 1: Deactivate Any Third Party Firewall
Before you proceed with the other troubleshooting steps linked to the issue, it is a good idea to take a look at whether or not the third party firewall on your device is blocking the party chat feature. You can test this easily.
Try disabling the firewall for some time and see whether the party chat feature works fine or not. In case there is no change to the issue, think about trying out the next level of troubleshooting steps which are listed below.
Method 2: Deactivate VPN-Type Programs
Error code 0x89231806 on the Xbox One gaming console is also characterized by problems associated with a VPN network.
If you would get to the bottom of this issue, you would find that there are some notorious applications that use this VPN. One of these programs can be the main culprit behind the issue. Consider either disabling or uninstalling the applications that use.
As and when you do so, restart your console. When it boots up once again, check out if the party chat feature works fine. In case it doesn’t, move to the next set of troubleshooting steps.
Method 3: Activate the Teredo Tunneling Interface
Sometimes the unavailability of Teredo Tunneling Interface can be the root cause behind the issue. Taking care of this feature can alone go a long way toward resolving the issue.
Here are the steps to ensure that the interface is running smoothly on your device.
- Open the Run window by pressing the Windows key and R together. Now, input ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the search box and hit the enter key. This will bring up the device manager on the screen.
- Now, expand the drop-down menu of ‘Device Manager’ and look for the option ‘network adapters’. When you see the option, navigate to the ribbon ‘view’. Under the ribbon, look for an option ‘Show hidden devices’. Click on the option.
- On the completion of the previous step, you should see the option ‘Tunneling Pseudo-interface’. Right-click on it and then select the option which says ‘Enable’. In case the driver option is turned on, turn it off and then turn it back on again.
In case the above method fails to provide you with a desirable outcome, proceed to the next step suggested below this one.
Method 4: Switch to an Alternative IPv6 Server
When all the three methods listed above fail to help you in resolving the issue, as a last resort, you can try changing the existing IPv6 server to a new one and see if it works.
Are you ready? Here’s what you need to do.
- Cancel out the Xbox app and all the programs related to it.
- Open up the Windows start bar at the bottom left corner of the screen. When you see the bar on the screen, input ‘cmd’ in order to find out the ‘Command Prompt’. Right click on the latter option and out of the options that you see on the screen, click on ‘Run as Administrator’.
- Make sure that you are running all the commands in the elevated CMD. When you see the elevated command prompt on the screen, input the command netsh int ipv6 set teredo client teredo.trex.fi.
- Click on the Xbox app and try to join a chat. If you are able to do so, it is an indicator that the issue has been resolved.
If the issue still persists, try using Re-Image Repair Tool. This tool scans the repositories and replaces any missing or corrupt file which could be behind this issue. So, there you go – try out the aforementioned steps to overcome the issues linked to the message ‘Your Network Settings Are Blocking Party Chat on Xbox One’.