Windows 10 users encounter different types of errors due to different reasons and scenarios. Boot Manager Error code 0xc0000001 is one such common error code reported by the users of Windows 10. To avoid any loss of work, fixing this error becomes essential.
Do you know the best ways to clear away the Windows 10 error code 0xc0000001? Our tech experts have already completed their research. On this page, you can find the best-ever methods to settle this error in little time.
What is Windows Error 0xc0000001?
The Boot manager error code 0x0000001 comes with an error message “0xc0000001 error screen on start up”. Certain users of Windows may also receive the message “Windows deployment services encountered an error 0xc0000001”. Not only the users of Windows 10 but the users of Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 too can find this error on their systems.
Why Does the Windows Error Code 0xc0000001 Occur?
The Windows system32 boot winload exe status 0xc0000001 error may be emerging on your Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 computer due to one of the reasons given below.
1. Corrupt or damaged Security Account Manager (SAM) file is a major cause of this Windows error. The SAM file is like the storehouse of user credentials data. This file is essential for the Windows booting process. So, when this file becomes corrupt or damaged or goes missing, you will see this error on your system.
2. This Windows error can occur on your PC when the key boot related system files become damaged. These files can get damaged due to disk writing errors, any virus or power outages.
3. At times, the entire file system of your Windows computer can get damaged or become corrupt. This is another reason for the Windows error to show up on your computer.
4. The fourth cause of this Windows error is damaged RAM. Any flaws or damages in the RAM can easily give rise to this error.
How to Fix Windows 7 Status 0xc0000001 Error Code?
When the 0xc0000001 error code appears on your Windows 7 PC, you can use the Easy Recovery Essentials as well as try to copy the SAM file from the Repair folder. Doing so will definitely fix the error. Learn more about these methods in the following sections.
Method 1: Use Easy Recovery Essentials on Windows 7
For fixing the Windows 7 status 0xc0000001 error code, you can use Easy Recovery Essentials. The steps to use Easy Recovery Essentials have been stated as follows.
1. On your Windows 7 system, download “Easy Recovery Essentials”.
2. Then burn the ISO image carefully.
3. Create a bootable CD.
4. Now, use the bootable CD for booting your Windows 7 system.
5. When the “Easy Recovery Essentials” runs on your PC, click on “Automated Repair”. Then press “Continue”.
6. Your drive will be scanned. A list will be visible, choose the letter of the drive for “Windows Installation”.
7. Click on “Automated Repair”.
8. “Easy Recovery Essentials” will find the error and mend it.
9. You will be notified when the above process is complete, then press “Restart” for rebooting your PC. The error will have been repaired by now.
Method 2: Try Copying SAM File on Windows 7
Another great solution for resolving the Windows 7 status 0xc0000001 from your computer is to copy the SAM file. You can find this file in the Repair folder. For the detailed method, you can read the 5 steps given right here.
1. Start your Windows 7 computer and log in.
2. Then with the help of a “Windows Installation CD”, boot your Windows 7 computer.
3. Now, open the “Command Prompt”. Paste the command mentioned below.
“copy C:\Windows\Repair\Sam C:\Windows\System32\Config”
4. You may be asked to continue overwriting the original file. Press “Y” for yes.
5. When the SAM file has been copied, the error should get removed.
How to Fix Windows 8 Error Code 0xc0000001?
Running the CHKDSK utility on your PC with Windows 8 is the most helpful solution to troubleshoot the error code 0xc0000001. We have mentioned the steps of this method in the next section. Scroll below.
Method 1: Run CHKDSK on Windows 8
Just like on Windows 10, this error can persist on Windows 8 as well. By running CHKDSK on your computer, you can easily troubleshoot the error. Let us go through the 6 steps shown below to fix the windows 8 error code 0xc0000001 easily.
1. The first step is to boot your Windows 8 PC via a “Windows Installation Disc”.
2. Choose your “Language”, “Time”, as well as “Keyboard Input”.
3. Then tap “Repair Your Computer”.
4. Choose the letter of the “Windows Installation Drive”. Then press “Next”.
5. Click on “Command Prompt” in the “System Recovery Options” box.
6. Paste the command “chkdsk C:/f” and press “Enter”. The command will perform the further procedure and troubleshoot the problem.
How to Fix 0xc0000001 Windows 8.1 Error Code?
You can follow 2 methods to troubleshoot the 0xc0000001 Windows 8.1 error with less effort. These include the methods of replacing the new RAM modules and performing the SFC scan. Read ahead to get more information about these methods.
Method 1: Replace New RAM Modules on Windows 8.1
The windows 8.1 error code 0xc0000001 can bug your machine when you have added new RAM modules. As a necessary fix, you can try to replace the new RAM modules. Then check whether your PC still shows the error.
Method 2: Perform SFC Scan on Windows 8.1
Performing the SFC scan command can help you in removing the error 0xc0000001 windows 8.1 from your system. To help you use this command, we have defined the set of steps below.
1. Begin with booting your computer. Use a “Windows Installation Disc” for this purpose.
2. Choose the “Language”, “Time”, and “Keyboard Input” as per your preference.
3. Tap “Repair Your Computer”.
4. Select the letter of your “Windows Installation Drive” and tap “Next”.
5. From the “System Recovery Options”, select “Command Prompt”.
6. Type in the command given below in the “Command Prompt” and then tap “Enter”.
“sfc /scannow /offbootdir=D:\ /offwindir=D:\Windows\”
Note: In place of “D”, enter the letter of the drive where the Windows has been installed.
Let the command do the procedure ahead for fixing the problem of the Windows 8.1 error code.
How to Fix Windows 10 Error Code 0xc0000001?
For resolving the 0xc0000001 error on Windows 10, the following methods will be very useful. These methods will explain how to implement Easy Recovery Essentials, remove problematic software, perform startup repair, etc. More information about these methods can be found below.
Method 1: Implement Easy Recovery Essentials on Windows 10
With the help of Easy Recovery Essentials, you can resolve many Windows 10 errors, including the Windows 10 boot manager error 0xc0000001. Implementing this module is quite simple. Here, we have explained in 9 steps the exact way to implement Easy Recovery Essentials on your Windows 10 computer.
1. Download “Easy Recovery Essentials” module for Windows 10.
2. Then install and launch “Easy Recovery Essentials”.
3. You will receive instructions on your screen for burning the bootable ISO image.
4. Then follow the on-screen instructions for creating “Easy Recovery Essentials Recovery USB Drive/CD”.
5. Now, restart your Windows 10 computer using the “Easy Recovery Essentials Recovery USB Drive/CD”.
6. When the module begins to run, select the “Automated Repair” option.
7. When the module runs, it examines the drives of your computer. When this process is over, choose the drive letter for the “Windows Installation” from the list visible.
8. Now, click on the “Automated Repair” button.
9. Your drive will be scanned to find any bugs or errors. The module will verify the problems for auto-correct errors with the disk, bootloader, partition, boot sector, registry, and file system. You will be notified about the searches. Then click on “Restart” for rebooting your Windows 10 computer and verifying the changes.
The Windows boot manager error will be removed from your system when this method is successfully complete.
Method 2: Run CHKDSK Utility on Windows 10
Any problems with the hard drive of your Windows 10 system can result in the Windows 10 boot error 0xc0000001. Running the CHKDSK utility is a great workaround for this Windows error. Do you know how to run the CHKDSK utility? If not, you can benefit from the 6 steps given below.
1. Insert the “Windows Installation Disc”.
2. Now, you will be asked to choose a “Language”, “Time”, and “Keyboard Input”. Make the selection.
3. Now, click on “Repair Your Computer”.
4. Choose your Windows installation drive. Then press “Next”.
Note: The Windows installation drive is usually represented by “C”. So, before you select it, ensure that you are making the correct choice.
5. Select “Command Prompt” when the “System Recovery Options” box gets displayed.
6. Provide the following command in the “Command Prompt”. Then press the “Enter” key.
“chkdsk c: /f”
Now, wait for the process to be over. Then the error will not be seen any longer on your computer.
Method 3: Use Safe Mode for Uninstalling Problematic Software on Windows 10
You may be seeing the Windows 10 recovery error code 0xc0000001 on your system due to a recently installed software. This software may be causing problems and generating this error code. Uninstalling this software will be a great idea. Below, we have shown how to uninstall it in the Safe Mode on your Windows 10 computer.
1. Begin with restarting your Windows 10 computer.
2. When the Windows screen starts to load, tap the “Shift” key along with the “F8” key.
3. Then click on “Troubleshoot”.
4. The fourth step is to tap “Advanced Options”.
5. Now, click on “Startup Setting”.
6. Next, tap on “Restart”.
7. When your system has restarted, tap the “F4” key. This will enable the Safe Mode.
8. When you enter the “Safe Mode”, tap the “Windows” and “R” keys together for the “Windows Settings”.
9. Choose “Apps”.
10. Then click on “Apps & Features”.
11. Remove the recently installed software.
12. Now, reboot your Windows 10 computer.
Method 4: Try Startup Repair on Windows 10
The message “Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xc0000001” can get displayed on your computer due to several reasons. To resolve this, you can try Startup Repair in the Windows Recovery Environment. Learn the steps to do so in this section.
1. Visit the official website of Microsoft. Then download the “Windows 10 Media Creation Tool” on another computer that is error-free.
2. Install and launch the “Windows 10 Media Creation Tool”.
3. You will be required to accept the terms of license of the tool.
4. Now, select the option of “Create Installation Media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another PC”. Then press “Next”.
5. Choose “USB Flash Drive”.
Note: When you are choosing the option of “USB Flash Drive”, see to it that the USB flash drive’s space is at least 8 GB.
6. Now, the “Windows 10 Installation” file will get downloaded. Then connect the computer which has the error with the “USB Disk”.
7. Boot your computer using the “USB Flash Drive”.
Note: In the “BIOS Setup”, you will be required to change the boot order. Ensure that the “Removable Devices” option has been set as the first choice.
8. Now, tap “Repair Your Computer” after the booting process is complete.
9. Choose “Troubleshoot” in the “Windows Recovery Environment”.
10. Then choose “Advanced Options”.
11. Click on “Startup Repair” and the process will be finished.
Method 5: Restore System Using Windows Recovery Environment on Windows 10
Let us find out how to fix error code 0xc0000001 Windows 10 by restoring your system. This will be done in the Windows Recovery Environment in 11 steps.
1. Use another computer to download the “Windows 10 Media Creation Tool” from Microsoft’s official website.
2. Run the tool and accept its license terms.
3. Click on “Create Installation Media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another PC”. Then click on “Next”.
4. Then select “USB Flash Drive”.
5. When the bootable media has been successfully created, insert it into your computer.
6. Then tap “Repair Your Computer”.
7. In the Windows Recovery Environment, tap “Troubleshoot”.
8. Click on “Advanced Options”.
9. Then click on “System Restore”.
10. Enter the name and password of the administrator account.
11. Do as per the on-screen instructions to complete the procedure.
Method 6: Try HDD Scan on Windows 10
The Windows 10 error 0xc0000001 will occur when there are any problems with the hard disk. The HDD Scan is a tool that can help you identify the errors in your PC’s hard disk. Here is how you can use this tool.
Note: In case any errors are found, you can contact the manufacturer to get them fixed.
1. Remove the disk from your PC.
2. Insert it into another PC through a hard disk enclosure.
3. Download the “HDD Scan Tool”.
4. Let the tool scan. If errors are detected in the 0, 63, 204800 sectors, then these will need to be fixed.
Method 7: Use System File Checker on Windows 10
When your system carries corrupted files, errors like the windows 10 error code 0xc0000001 will emerge. System File Checker can easily fix such files. Read the 8 steps shown here to use System File Checker.
1. Use an installation media for booting your computer.
2. Tap “Repair Your Computer”.
3. Click on “Troubleshoot”.
4. Click on “Advanced Options”.
5. Click on “Command Prompt”.
6. Insert the following command in “Command Prompt”. Tap “Enter”.
7. When the message “Verification 100% completed” is displayed, exit the Window.
8. Reboot your PC.
Method 8: Reset Windows 10 Computer
Another fantastic solution for settling the Windows 10 error code 0xc0000001 includes resetting your computer. Learn the correct way to do it in 6 steps.
1. With the help of the Windows installation media, boot your Windows 10 computer.
2. Then click on “Troubleshoot”.
3. Tap on “Reset this PC”.
4. The fourth step is to select the option of “Keep My Files” or “Remove Everything”.
Note: When you select the option of “Keep My Files”, all the apps as well as settings will be removed. Your personal files will not be removed. When you select the option of “Remove Everything”, all the apps, settings, and your personal files will be removed.
5. When the wizard appears, follow it to proceed.
6. Lastly, reboot your Windows 10 computer.
In this post, we read about fantastic methods that can wipe off the 0xc0000001 error code from Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10. Using these fixes, you would have surely pushed this error out of your Windows computer by now. If you liked this blog, take a minute to write your views about it. Your views will help us in making our blog more worthwhile!