How To Fix Windows Update Error 0x80070490 The error code 0x80070490 indicates a damaged file or procedure in the Component-Based Servicing or in Computer Component Store. The two services have the accountability of running and overseeing all the Windows associated update operations. Any corruption or damage within their files might render the Windows Update component in treatable. Downloading Windows 10 updates is very essential if you wish to maintain your system safety, however, some users have a complaint on error code 0x80070490 while downloading Windows 10 updates. We understand your trouble in fixing the error manually, thus delicately work to provide perfect technical support. Causes that might generate the 0x80070490 Error code
- Third-party Antivirus creates a conflict that is stopping the update from installing.
- Damaged files in System Component Store or in Component-Based Servicing
- Some services needed by Window Update are disabled manually.
- Damaged within the Registry files.
Resolution to fix error code 0x80070490 in Windows 10
Solution I: Create a fresh local account
After doing that, error code 0x80070490 should be solved. But if the error still continues, try the next resolutions step.
- Generate a new local account with administrator rights
- Move your personal files and documents to a new account
- Delete your previous account and switch to new account
- After you switch to new account add your Microsoft account to it.
Solution II: Run the Update Troubleshooter If you are functioning in Windows 10 Creators update, you can utilize a troubleshooting tool, called as Windows Troubleshooter tool. Perform these step to run this troubleshooter tool in Windows 10:
- Click Settings
- Select Update & Security > and click Troubleshoot
- Click to Windows Update, and select Run the troubleshooter
- Follow the guidelines given on-screen
- Restart your system
Solution III: Run the SFC scan The SFC scan does not have the user edge, thus you have to operate it using the Command Prompt. Just follow these guidelines:
- Click the Search option, select type cmd, and begin Command Prompt as Administrator.
- Enter the subsequent line and then press Enter
- Wait for the process to complete
- Restart your system
Solution IV: Run Deployment Image & Servicing Management Deployment Image & Servicing Management is nevertheless another troubleshooting tool, however, it’s the most helpful tool. So, if the preceding troubleshooters failed to solve the issue or don’t know the process to run DISM, then follow these steps:
- Go to the Search option, click type cmd, and then begin Command Prompt as Administrator.
- Enter the given command on the command dialogue box
- In case of Deployment Image & Servicing Management can’t acquire files online, try to use your installation DVD or USB.
- Assure to substitute ”C: RepairSourceWindows” path of your USB or DVD
Solution V: Verify for viruses Some users also compare this error code 0x80070490 with a malicious program or virus. So, if not even one resolutions from above resolve the issue, scan your system for viruses. Once you assure your system is virus-free, this issue may vanish as well. For various system issues, we suggest this tool. Resolve computer problem now in three easy steps:
- Download this System Repair Tool on TrustPilot.com
- Select “Start Scan” to find Windows problems the might be causing computer issues.
- Select “Repair All” to solve all error with Patented Technologies
Solution VI – Delete user ID store cache from the registry
- Open Registry Editor by Clicking Windows Key + R and Enter regedit.
- Click OK to open Registry Editor.
- When Registry Editor begins, you require to direct to the given key
- Now you require to search keys. We have to indicate that this is just a sample, and most likely the keys will have the alike format, however, the name of the keys won’t be precisely the same.
- Choose all these keys and then delete them.
- Turn off the Registry Editor and restart your system, one its done.
Solution VII: Verify if Cryptographic, BITS, MSI Windows Update and Installer Services are running
- Click Windows Key + R and Enter services.msc.
- When the Services window begins, find the given services like Cryptographic, BITS, MSI Installer and Windows Update. Assure that those services are functioning problem.
- If one or more than one service is not operating, assure that you begin them by choosing the service and clicking Start the service.
Solution VIII: Delete Software Distribution folder But prior to deleting this folder, we must disable the WU service by following the below steps:
Get outstanding contact support from technical team Following with the given step-by-step solution provided above on Fixing Windows 10 Update Error Code, hopefully, you are effortlessly able to fix the problem. However, if the error prolongs and finding difficult to rectify the error, then our well-skilled certified technical experts are tremendously talented to fix any problematic error with perfection. You can directly contact at toll-free helpline number 1-844-851-9487 easily available for 24x7. They are well-proficient integrated with an advanced trick and identical technology. You can also chat via Online Chat Support.
- Go to Search option, enter services.msc, and then go to Services.
- In the Services list, look for Windows Update.
- Right-click and click Properties, and then select Disable.
- Restart your system.