How To Uninstall Programs On Windows 10 Manually & Forcefully
Uninstalling programs and applications is the most crucial task when it comes to cleaning your PC for its betterment. However, there are many users who aren’t aware of windows 10 features and how to uninstall certain unwanted programs from it. Don’t worry, if you’re one of them! Here’s how to uninstall or remove any program in windows 10 without any hassle.
How To Uninstall/ Remove Programs On Windows 10 Manually?
The detailed steps to uninstall programs on windows 10 manually are mentioned below, just follow them carefully:
- Go to the start menu or click on the windows icon.
- Now, click on the settings button.
- From the settings menu, select “system” option.
- Then, in the system menu click on the “Apps and features” tab.
- Now all the list of programs and applications will appear on the right side.
- Then, select the program that you wish to uninstall.
- After that, click on the uninstall button to remove that program permanently from your computer.
- Now, click on the uninstall button that popped out for the confirmation.
- Next, the particular program is removed from your computer with its related information.
There are some programs which aren’t easy to uninstall because they leave traces behind and create trouble at the time of uninstallation. Traditional method of uninstalling or removing that specific program doesn’t help either. However, there are other methods to uninstall programs from windows 10 to keep it clean and safeguard it from unwanted cached files.
How To Uninstall Programs On Windows 10 Forcefully?
Below mentioned are some of the detailed solutions to remove/ uninstall program on Windows 10 forcefully:
Soltuion 1 – Use Registry Edit To Uninstall Program
Registry edit is beneficial in uninstalling a program from your computer’s registry. It is helpful in deleting all the unwanted traces of the program from the computer for effective uninstallation. Follow the below mentioned steps:
- Open the search bar with the Windows key + R to open run dialog.
- Now, type “regedit” in the search bar and press enter to launch it.
- In the registry editor, navigate the following:
Open HHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Uninstall.
- Now, locate the key of the specific program that you wish to uninstall.
- After locating the uninstalling key, right click on it and press the delete button.
- To confirm changes click “Yes.”
- Next, close the registry editor and restart your computer to see the results.
Solution 2 – Use Third Party Uninstalltion Program
There are some applications specifically designed and created to uninstall or remove the unwanted programs on windows 10. Following are the easy steps to uninstall programs on windows 10 quickly:
- First of all, make sure that the program you wish to uninstall is not running. If the program is running, just right click on the target program and press “End task.”
- Now, you can install any application like Revo Uninstaller.
- Launch the downloaded application and open it to locate the program you want to remove.
- Double click on it and press “Yes” to confirm the action.
- Now, a dialog box will open up. Select the “Advanced mode” option from it.
- Then, click next button and wait for the uninstaller application to make arrangements.
- Lastly, click on the uninstall option and close the uninstaller application after the process is completed.
I hope the aforementioned detailed steps to uninstall or remove the program on windows 10 either manually or forcefully will be helpful for the users. Some apps cause system corruption and therefore, it is recommended to quickly uninstall such applications quickly from your laptop or computer to safeguard windows and the system.