Uninstalling programs and applications is the most crucial task when it comes to cleaning your PC for its betterment. However, there are many users who aren’t aware of Windows 10 features and how to uninstall certain unwanted programs from it. Don’t worry, if you’re one of them! For each one of you who is unable to uninstall program Windows 10, short and quick solutions are right here.
Here’s how to uninstall or remove any program in Windows 10 without any hassle.
Things to Learn in this Post
Take a look at the overview of the complete blog in this section. In this post, we will teach you how to properly uninstall programs on Windows 10 using the manual procedure. In addition to that, we will also share with you how to force uninstall a program Windows 10. And in case you want to go for the mass uninstallation of the programs on your Windows 10 system, then we have a solution for that as well.
How do I Uninstall a Program on Windows 10?
In this section, we will introduce you to the manual procedure for removing the programs on your system. This Windows 10 uninstall program procedure can be performed by visiting the system settings. To learn more about this procedure, read ahead.
Fix 1 – How to Uninstall/Remove Programs on Windows 10 Manually from System Setting?
Here we will learn how to completely uninstall a program in Windows 10 using the manual procedure. For this procedure, you will require no software or any third-party application. You just need to access your system settings. The detailed steps to uninstall programs on Windows 10 manually are mentioned below. Follow them carefully.
1. Go to the “Start” menu or click on the “Windows” icon.
2. Now, click on the “Settings” button.
3. From the “Settings” menu, select the “System” option.
4. Then, in the “System” menu. Go to the “Apps and features” tab.
5. Now, the list of all the programs and applications will appear on the right side. Then, select the program that you wish to uninstall.
6. After that, click on the “Uninstall” button to remove that program permanently from your computer.
7. Now, click on the “Uninstall” button that has popped out for confirmation.
8. Next, the particular program will be removed from your computer along with its related information.
Please Note: There are some programs which aren’t easy to uninstall because they leave traces behind and create trouble at the time of uninstallation. The traditional method of uninstalling or removing that specific program doesn’t help either. However, there are other methods too to uninstall programs from Windows 10 to keep it clean and safeguard it from unwanted cached files.
How can I Uninstall Programs on Windows 10 Forcefully?
Our 2 solutions to force uninstall program Windows 10 will surely please you. These include the use of a Registry edit and a reliable third-party uninstallation application. These solutions are simple and very less time-consuming. So, let’s move on and read more about them.
Fix 1 – How to Uninstall Programs on Windows 10 Forcefully via Registry Edit?
For the users who often report that they cannot uninstall program Windows 10 administrator, this solution will be definitely beneficial. This can be done by using the Registry edit. The Registry edit is beneficial in uninstalling a program from your computer’s registry. It is helpful in deleting all the unwanted traces of the program from the computer for effective uninstallation. Below, we have mentioned the 7 steps to remove/uninstall program on Windows 10 forcefully via Registry edit.
1. Open the “Search” bar. Press the “Windows” key and “R” keys to open the “Run” dialog box.
2. Now, type “regedit” in the search bar and press “Enter” to launch it.
3. In the “Registry editor”, navigate to the following:
Open HHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > Current Version > Uninstall
4. Now, locate the “Key” of the specific program that you wish to uninstall.
5. After locating the “Uninstalling key”, right-click on it and press the “Delete” button.
6. To confirm these changes. click on “Yes.”
7. Next, close the “Registry editor” and then restart your computer to see the results.
Fix 2 – Use Third Party Uninstallation Program
Do you want to know the solution for mass uninstall programs Windows 10? We will suggest you to use a reliable third-party uninstallation program for this purpose. There are some applications specifically designed and created to uninstall or remove the unwanted programs on Windows 10 computers. Before you begin, make sure that you have downloaded the third-party uninstallation program. Once downloaded, follow these 7 easy steps shown here to uninstall programs on Windows 10 quickly.
1. First of all, make sure that the program you wish to uninstall is not running. If the program is running, then right-click on the target program and click on “End task.”
2. Now, you can install any application like “Revo Uninstaller”.
3. Then launch the downloaded application and open it to locate the program you want to remove.
4. Next, double-click on it and press “Yes” to confirm the action.
5. Now, a dialog box will open up. Select the “Advanced mode” option from it.
6. Then, click on the “Next” button and wait for the uninstaller application to make the arrangements.
7. Lastly, click on the “Uninstall” option and close the uninstaller application after the process is complete.
Please Note: Some apps cause system corruption and therefore, it is recommended to quickly uninstall such applications quickly from your laptop or computer to safeguard the Windows and the system.
Coming to a Close
In this post, we learnt how to completely uninstall program Windows 10 with the help of several useful procedures. We hope that the aforementioned detailed solutions to uninstall or remove the program on Windows 10 either manually or forcefully were helpful to our readers. Let us know which solution you preferred. Drop us your comments below.
Do we have something more exciting for our readers? We definitely have! Read our popular post on how to disable Cortana Windows 10. You can also check out our amazing procedures for Windows 10 password reset.