How to configure Gmail on Apple Mail
Gmail is a preferred email client for most users. The webmail client offers many features and benefits that make using this email client easy and convenient. Not just that, now you can add and access your Gmail account through multiple platforms and devices too, and this includes your Mac devices also.
By configuring your Gmail account on Apple Mail app, you can easily send/receive emails from your Gmail accounts through various iOS devices. But to access your Gmail account on Apple Mail, you first need to successfully configure it through IMAP or POP.
In this article, we’ll show you how to manually set up your Gmail account on Apple Mail so that you can conveniently access all your emails through the Apple Mail app and never miss any important communication whether you are at home, office or on the go.
Steps to set up Gmail account on Apple Mail
- Go to the Apple Mail menu and click on Options.
- Choose Add Account.
- Now select Google from the Choose a Mail account provider screen.
- Click Continue.
- Next, type your Gmail email address and click Next.
- Type your Gmail account password in the space provided and click Next.
- Enter the code received by SMS to confirm two-step authentication and click Next.
- Make sure Apple Mail is selected as one of the apps to use with your Gmail account.
- Click Done to finish the process.
How to set up Gmail account on Apple Mail 7
If you’re using Mail 7, then you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Click on Mail and go to Preferences.
- Go to the Accounts tab and click + (plus sign) under the accounts list.
- Make sure Google is selected under ‘Choose a mail account to add’ section.
- Click Continue.
- Now enter your full name under ‘Name’ and your Gmail address under ‘Email Address’ sections.
- Enter your Gmail password and complete the two-step authentication process by entering the code you’ve received via SMS.
- Click Set Up.
- Make sure Mail is checked under ‘Select the apps to use with <your email>’ section.
- Click Done to finish the set up process.
That’s it. This way you can easily set up your Gmail account on Apple Mail. Should you need help, feel free to call us at 1-844-851-9487. Our Apple Mail specialists can help you easily configure your Gmail account and enable Apple Mail IMAP settings to ensure that you are conveniently able to send/receive your Gmail bound emails from your Apple device. Available round the clock, our expert technicians can also help you configure your Apple Mail SMTP server setting for Gmail and Apple Mail POP setting for hassle-free functioning of your Gmail account on Apple Mail.