The bog explains how to create a group email in Gmail using Google Groups.
Gmail is one of the most common and widely used email services. It can also be used to create email groups so that you can share messages in bulk. By creating the email group in Gmail, you can reach out to the group of users smartly. In addition, it saves your time and money as you do not need to pay for the autoresponders. So, if you want to know how to create a group email in Gmail, we will teach you.
The blog has a focal point on the following ideas:
- Perks of Creating a Group Email
- How to Create a Group Email in Gmail?
- How to Create a Group Email List in Gmail using Google Groups?
- How to Create a Group Email Address in Gmail using Email Labels (Computer)?
- How to Create a Group Email Account in Gmail using Email Labels (Mobile)?
- How to Send Email to the Group without Showing Recipients?
Perks of Creating a Group Email
There are a number of benefits of creating a group email in Gmail. Some of them are as follows:
- Easy to reach out to a particular list of users instantly. You do not need to find the user individually.
- Send emails in bulk to the specific group e.g., co-workers, family, or others.
- Becomes easy to distribute the content at scale.
How to Create a Group Email in Gmail?
There are two ways through which you can learn how to create a group email in Gmail. One is to use Google Groups and the second one is to create Email Labels in the Gmail account.
Let’s understand both the ways in the following guide.
How to Create a Group Email List in Gmail using Google Groups?
Google has this amazing feature called Groups. This helps you to communicate or share your content with your classes, people, or project teams within the group. You can also set it up as a collaborative inbox. Even the members in the group can read and respond to your messages right there.
If you want to learn how to create a group email account in Gmail, you just need to create your account on Google Groups. For that, you can follow these steps instructed below:
Set Up Your Account on Google Groups
- Firstly, visit “Google Groups” via this link.
- Then, click on “Create Groups”.
- Enter the desired name for your group.
- Type the email address that you wish to use.
Note: The email address for the Groups account will end with @googlegroups.com.
- Add the description for the group. This will be visible to the group members whom you add later.
- Click on “Collaborative Inbox” from the “Select a Group Type” drop-down list.
- Now pick the types of members that you wish to authorize to its features.
- Select the permissions that you wish to apply such as “allowing all the members to post messages” and “allowing the public to view topics”.
- Then, click on the “Create” button.
- Hit the “OK” button.
This will create your account on Google Groups successfully. Now, you can send messages to your group members in bulk and your members can view and respond to it.
How to Create a Group Email Address in Gmail using Email Labels (Computer)?
By adding a label in Gmail, you can save your multiple contacts in a particular group. Also, you can classify those contacts into groups based on your requirements.
Email labels can be created using a Gmail web app or a Gmail mobile app. We will understand the procedure for both using the Gmail web app on the computer and mobile phone. Let’s get started!.
Let’s learn how to create a group in Gmail from an email using the Gmail web app.
- Visit Google Contacts via this link.
- Login to the preferred Google account.
- Go to the “Menu” located on the top left (three horizontal lines).
- Click on the “Contact” option. This will display two options which are as follows:
- Create Contact
- Create Multiple Contacts
- Click on “Create Multiple Contact”.
- Now, you will see the label (on the top) where you can add names and other details to the contact list.
- Then, set the preferred label name by clicking on “No label”.
- After that, you can add names and email addresses individually or in bulk.
- To add contacts individually, you can enter the user name and email address separately by the comma. You can either add both name and email address or add just the name or email address.
- To add contacts in bulk, you need to save a contact list in .csv or vCard file format. Then, you can import the file to your account.
- After that, you can click on “Create” at the bottom to save your email list.
This will create a label in your account with the selected users. Then, you can share your content with that label and the limited users will view and respond to it.
How to Create a Group Email Account in Gmail using Email Labels (Mobile)?
Gmail app can also be used on mobile phones such as Android and iPhone. It is the most convenient way to access your emails and share content to the email groups.
Let’s learn how to create a group email account in Gmail using a Gmail mobile app.
Note: A few Gmail features are limited to mobile apps. However, you can create email labels or groups using the Contact app.
- Launch the Gmail app on your phone.
- Log in to the preferred Gmail account.
- Click on “Contacts”. This redirects you to the contact app on either Google PlayStore (Android) or App Store (iPhone). If you already have the contact app then you will be redirected to the app.
Alternatively, you can launch the Contacts app and login with the preferred Gmail account credentials. At this point, you can create the email group. For that, you can do the following.
- Click on the “Contact” option. This will display two options; Create Contact and Create Multiple Contacts
- Go with “Create Multiple Contact”.
- Now, add names and other details in the required fields.
- After that, click on “No label” to set the preferred label name.
- Then, add the email list using names and email addresses.
Note: You can add names and email addresses individually or in bulk.
To add contacts individually, you can enter the user name and email address separately by the comma. You can either add both name and email address or add just the name or email address.
To add contacts in bulk, you need to save a contact list in .csv or vCard file format. Then, you can import the file to your account.
- Later, you can click on “Create” at the bottom to save your email list.
This is how you can create email labels on your Gmail mobile app. Once the email group is created, you can send messages to the group (multiple users) without adding an email address individually. This will save your time and efforts.
How to Send Email to the Group without Showing Recipients?
Sending emails to the group, all the members can view the email address of each user (added in the group). This may not be a great idea for some as a few users are conscious of their privacy.
So if you want to know how to send emails to a group without showing the recipient then you need to take care of the following ideas mentioned below.
- While composing the email, type “Undisclosed” recipient in the “To” field. It should be followed by your address within brackets. For example, Undisclosed recipients [email protected]
- Then, select the “Bcc” field. In case you don’t find “Bcc”, use the following shortcuts:
- Ctrl+Shift+B for Windows PC
- Command+Shift+B for Mac
- When done, add the recipient’s emails individually or by the group.
- Then “Send”.
This will not display the recipient’s email address when sharing the details with others in the group. So we can say, it is a great way to share messages with several people at once while taking care of everyone’s privacy.
Creating groups in Gmail is a smart idea for the business people. The advantage of creating group emails is to send messages or emails to a number of users at once. This prevents finding or typing the email addresses manually. All you are required to create a group and classify your contacts based on the subject such as Colleague, Family, Friends, or Co-workers. Then, you can send them messages in bulk.
The blog has taught you how to create a group of email addresses in Gmail using Google Groups or Email Labels. You can perform these steps on your computer (Windows and Mac) or mobile phone (iPhone and Android). Choose your convenient way and create group emails for the purpose.
Did you like our guide? Tell us in the comment box if it helped to some extent.
Also, if you are looking for more such a guide, read the following articles that may be helpful for you.