Most of the users download Gmail emails in order to keep the record for a purpose. If you are one of them who wants to know how to download emails from Gmail then this blog is only for you. In this blog, you will discover a number of ways to download Gmail emails. Let us know how to do that.
How Can I Download Gmail Emails?
If you are thinking “how do I download Gmail emails” then you do not need to worry. Here, you can find different methods to download emails from Gmail. Below are the following platforms and ideas we are going to cover in this blog.
- How to download all emails from Gmail using a Google Takeout page?
- How to download Gmail emails to computer?
- How to download attachments from multiple emails Gmail?
- How to download all emails from Gmail to Outlook 2007?
- The Procedure of Gmail download email as PDF
As you can see here, emails can be downloaded in different ways. For instance, you can directly download emails with the help of the Google Takeout page, download Gmail emails to the computer, download the attachments from the emails in bulk, download Gmail emails as a PDF file, or if it requires then Gmail download all emails to Outlook.
You can save your emails from Gmail on any of the aforementioned platforms. Let us understand how to download emails from Gmail on multiple platforms.
How to Download All Emails from Gmail using a Google Takeout Page?
If you want to learn how to download emails from Gmail with the Google Takeout page then you can look for the following steps instructed below.
- To get started, log in to your Gmail account.
- Next to this, you can go to the Google Takeout page following the link.
- Here, you can select the data you want to download. By default, all the products are selected. To select the Mail, you can click on Select None.
- Then, you can scroll down and click on the Mail option.
- Now, you can click on either Select labels or Include all of your email options. Depending on your requirements, you can choose the option.
- In the next step, you are required to pick the file type such as .tgz or.zip file.
- You can download the archive between 1-50 GB and save it to your cloud accounts such as Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, Dropbox, and Box account.
Once you are done implementing the above-mentioned steps, you can easily complete the process of Gmail email client download. Also, if you want to know how to download email contacts from Gmail then this method will surely help you.
How to Download Gmail Emails to Computer?
Gmail also allows you to save your emails on your computer. If you are willing to know how to download Gmail emails to computer then you can perform the following steps.
- On your computer, you need to go to the Gmail web app.
- Then, you can log in to your account.
- After this, you can open the email that you wish to download.
- On the right, you will see the Three vertical dots. You can click on it to view more options.
- At this point, you can click on the Download message.
Keep one thing in mind, if you want to open an EML file then you need to have a desktop mail client. This is how you can download email Gmail for PC.
How to Download Attachments from Multiple Emails Gmail?
In case you want to download the attachments from your multiple emails then you can use Gmail add-on named Save Emails and Attachments. This will export the attachments available on your emails to Google Drive. You can also set the preference to automatically perform actions. To know how to download attachments from multiple emails Gmail using an add-on, you can look for the following steps.
- After installing the Gmail add-on, you can go to the Add-ons option.
- Then, you can select Save Emails and Attachments and choose the Create New Rule option.
- Now, you can set the filters such as sender, received data, and subject.
- In case you only want to save attachments then you can go to the Label option and select the inbox.
- After this, you can tick the Save file attachments option and click on the Select Drive Folder option as the designation folder.
- Later, you can click on the Save option to save the applied settings.
- In the end, you can click on the Run Manually option and select Run.
This will work as per the configurations. So, this is how you can download the attachments from your Gmail emails.
How to Download All Emails from Gmail to Outlook 2007?
To download emails from Gmail to Outlook, you can simply use the manual solution where you can enable the IMAP access. So, if you want to know How to download all emails from Gmail to Outlook 2007 then you can go through the following steps mentioned below.
- To get started, you can log in to the Gmail account.
- Next to this, you can click on the Settings located on the top right.
- Here, you can choose the Forwarding and POP/IMAP option.
- At this point, you can enable the IMAP and click on Save Changes.
- Also, you can visit https://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps and enable for less secure apps.
- Once you are done, you can go to the Outlook account and go to the File option.
- Then, you can click on Add account and select Manual setup.
- Here, you need to choose IMAP or POP service.
- After this, you can add the Gmail account details which are as follows.
- Account Type: IMAP
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.gmail.com
- Incoming mail server: imap.gmail.com
- Thereafter, click on the More Settings and choose the Outgoing Server option (SMTP) to tick the box for authentication.
- When you reach the Advanced Tab, you can put the port number for outgoing and incoming servers. Also, tick the box for SSL encryption.
- Once done, you can go back and click on Next in the Add account section.
After the authentication, your Gmail account will be added to the Microsoft Outlook account. Now whenever you wish to download an email Gmail to Outlook, you can press the F9 key. So if you have a question in your mind about how to download emails from Gmail to Outlook, this is all you can do to get the job done.
The Procedure of Gmail Download Email as PDF
In case you require to download your emails as the PDF file then you can look for the following steps and perform them one by one.
- To begin, make sure you are logged in to your Gmail account.
- Now, you can open the email that you want to download as a PDF.
- Once done, you can click on the small printer icon located on the top right.
- Thereafter, you can change the Destination and select Save as PDF.
- Do not forget to click the Save button.
- Here, you have to select the place where you can download the email.
- As the last step, you can click on the Save button in order to confirm the location.
So, this was the procedure of Gmail download email as PDF. You can apply these methods easily in your Gmail account and save the email as PDFin the preferred location.
Google’s Gmail allows you to save emails to different platforms such as Outlook, Google Drive, and more. You can also save your emails to your computer or download emails as PDF to the preferred location. So, if you are willing to know how to download emails from Gmail, we have discussed the best possible way to do that.